Thursday, January 15, 2015

I dreamed of a "Red Badge" last night.




I had forgotten it and all the other sleeping dreams from the last time I was sleeping until just now before making this post. I don't recall the other many sleeping dreams I woke from but I do remember one. I was wearing a US Marine Corps uniform and that is very unusual for a sleeping dream. I have written before over several years about seeing myself wearing a US Marine Corps uniform but as best I can now recall here sitting here at my desk there have been only two sleeping dreams featuring me wearing a US Marine Corps uniform. And one of those occurrences would have been this past day.

Those of you following along at home remember what I wrote and what I still believe - that I have no actual direct memory - no practical memory in my conscious mind of any service in the United States Marine Corps.

Everything I write here that is not consistent with my factual memory is just the thoughts in my mind.

The dream this past day is something that I can now recall only of an actor I have seen before in film and television. He is that guy who recruits "Cooper Hawkes" in that "Space: Above and Beyond" episode I have referenced here many times.

The sleeping dream I had the past day doesn't seem connected to anything I have seen him in before on television or movie.

There is something that I can almost remember about that dream but just cannot remember.

Well, the operative detail is that I could not wear my US Marine Corps uniform because of what he did. I had to be somewhere. A duty assignment or something that is so damned frustratingly elusive in my mind.

He had punched me in the chest I vaguely recall. The impact of his fist wasn't that hard but he hit an object adorning my olive-colored uniformed shirt and there was an area obviously soaked with blood and I wasn't going to be able to go anywhere looking that way.

I write about it now only because of how that was one time so infrequent seeing myself wearing a US Marine Corps uniform in a sleeping dream. Now I just remember a possible third time. That time I saw myself wearing my US Navy Cross and working in an office building chasing down a person stealing classified documents. Now I just recall another time I wrote about wearing that same medal in an elevator and that person saying he was surprised "they" let me wear it and me saying in response I was proud of my service in Bosnia.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 23, 2006

I must have worked with the Afghani's back in the 80s to sort of even the score with what the Soviets did to our troops in Vietnam. That's why Jayne Donovan made some comment about going on a jihad when we had that first meeting in December 1998 or early 1999. I probably trained some mujahadin on how to shoot down Hind's or something. I probably even shot down a few Soviet bombers myself from a fighter jet. That may explain some thoughts I was having a while back about some seemingly imaginary combat I experienced in Afghanistan. There was also that Rambo movie in Afghanistan. I'm wondering if that scene where he poured gunpowder in that bullet wound represents a time I had to cut a bullet out of my leg with a knife. I don't know if that really happened to me but there is something about that circular scar on my left leg and the narrow scar that runs above it diagonally. I'm thinking that since I still am thinking about it, it means that I am being conditioned to get used to remembering it again instead of having to relive it all again with all the memories of the pain and trauma. It may even be more painful to suddenly re-experience it all again after forgetting it for so long.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 July 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.azlyrics.com/m/muse.html

AZ

MUSE

album: "The Resistance" (2009)



http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/muse/uprising.html


MUSE


"Uprising"

Paranoia is in bloom,
The PR transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs that keep us all dumbed down
And hope that we will never see the truth around
(so come on)

Another promise, another seed
Another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed
And all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
(so come on)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious
(so come on)

Interchanging mind control
Come, let the revolution take its toll
If you could flick the switch and open your third eye
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die
(so come on)

Rise up and take the power back
It's time the fat cats had a heart attack
You know that their time's coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend
(so come on)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious
(so come on)

Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious
(so come on)

Hey, hey, hey, hey










http://www.online-literature.com/crane/redbadge/8

THE LITERATURE NETWORK

Literature Network » Stephen Crane » The Red Badge of Courage » Chapter 8

Chapter 8


Parts of the procession limped and staggered to this tune.

Another had the gray seal of death already upon his face. His lips were curled in hard lines and his teeth were clinched. His hands were bloody from where he had pressed them upon his wound. He seemed to be awaiting the moment when he should pitch headlong. He stalked like the specter of a soldier, his eyes burning with the power of a stare into the unknown.










From 2/11/1969 ( Jennifer Aniston ) To 4/18/2011 is 15406 days

15406 = 7703 + 7703

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/5/1986 ( premiere US film "Heartbreak Ridge" ) is 7703 days



[ See also: Posted by H.V.O.M at 5:59 PM Friday, March 30, 2012 ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1831829/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

William & Kate (2011) (TV)

Country Date

USA 18 April 2011
UK 24 April 2011










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/79701/Clancy_-_Red_Storm_Rising.txt


Tom Clancy

Red Storm Rising


40 – The Killing Ground


Again the Vampire call came in, and again Toland cringed. Twenty incoming missiles were plotted. The formation activated jammers and SAM systems, with a pair of Aegis cruisers on the threat axis. In seconds they were launching missiles, and the other SM2-equipped SAM ships added their own missiles to the "basket," allowing their birds to be guided by the Aegis computer systems. The twenty incoming missiles had ninety SM2s targeted on them. Only three got through the SAM cloud, and only one of them headed for a carrier. America's three point-defense guns tracked the AS-6 and destroyed it a thousand feet from the ship. The other two missiles both found the cruiser Wainwright and exploded her four miles from Independence.

"Damn." Jacobsen's face took a hard set. "I thought we had that one beat.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:27 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 15 January 2015