Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Back to School (1986)




Every time I watch this on television that woman who sits next to his driver reminds me of a photo Phoebe Bailey sent me after we met at summer camp back in Arkansas in 1981 the summer after 9th grade.

I have been trying to find any past references I might have made here about the first time I read the book "The Stand". I seem to lose details now that I wrote about several years ago. I write about something, it seems, a few years ago and now that information is lost to my mind because I was thinking about it a few years ago. Well, I do recall that I purchased several copies of that book. I remember comparing the updated version from 1990 with the version I had read earlier.

God I wish I had about 20 bottles of beer right now.










http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000206380000&s=201501212200&sid=28506&sn=AXSTV&st=201501212130&cn=707

excite tv


Back to School (1986)

707 AXSTV: Wednesday, January 21 9:30 PM

1986, PG-13, ***, 01:36, Color, English, United States,

An earthy self-made man (Rodney Dangerfield) divorces his no-good wife and buys his way into his son's (Keith Gordon) college.

Cast: Rodney Dangerfield, Sally Kellerman, Keith Gordon, Burt Young, Robert Downey Jr., Paxton Whitehead, Terry Farrell, M. Emmet Walsh, Adrienne Barbeau, Ned Beatty



































DSC08418.JPG










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090685/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

Back to School (1986)

Country Date

USA 13 June 1986





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091472/releaseinfo

IMDb


Release dates for

The Manhattan Project (1986)

Country Date

USA 13 June 1986










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-school

Springfield! Springfield!


Back to School (1986)


You there.
What's going on here?
The Melon man is throwing
the greatest party of all time!
The whole world is there.
It's the best thing...
that's ever happened to me
in my whole life!
Oh, God.
Look at that!
Listen to that racket.
This is disgraceful.
I should phone security.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/B/Back_to_School_(Alan_Metter_1986).html

Back to School


Say when.
Right after this drink.
Hey, what's a bath without Bubbles?
Hey, Bubbles, come over here, will ya?
Well!
- Hi there. - Hi!
- What's your favorite subject? - Poetry.
Really? Maybe you can help me straighten out my Longfellow.
Excuse me. Have you seen Thornton Melon?
I think he's in there.
Thanks.
Excuse me. Has anyone seen Thornton Melon?
That's what I call marine biology.
Diane!



































DSC08422.JPG










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-school

Springfield! Springfield!


Back to School (1986)


What do you mean,
you'll do it with me?
I mean just what I said.
I'm going to college.
What do you think?
What do I think?
I think you're nuts.
Nuts, huh? Who made the rules?
Come here. I'm going to college!
I'm going to college!
Let me get this straight,
Mr. Melon.
You wish to enter
this widely esteemed...
Grand Lakes University










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-school

Springfield! Springfield!


Back to School (1986)


This is an awkward moment
for me, Mr. Melon...
since I realize you're
a highly respected member...
of our business community.
- Thank you.
- You're welcome.
Our student body here
is handpicked by me...
from the crme de la crme...
of students all across
this great land of ours.
That's one of the things
I like about this place.
Yes. The point is, though...
since you have
no high school diploma...
and no transcripts of any kind,
no S.A.T. Scores...
and you're 30 to 40 years older
than our average freshman...
how can this university
ever see its way clear...
to accept you as a student?
As Calvin Coolidge once said...
"The business of America
is business"...
and the business of
an educational institution...
such as ours
is to create young minds...
that understand that
the business of America...
is the kind of business
that it actually is.
So, whatever it is that
I have said here today...
the point is
that we are here to honor...
our most generous benefactor...
and newest freshman...
the man who's
made it possible...
for us to break ground
here today...
Mr. Thornton Melon.
Dean Martin, great speech.
There's nothing like good,
clean business, huh?











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.712183,-89.266872&spn=0.003647,0.008256&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=40.712185,-89.268016&panoid=7mBMJ8cc3c2KWQdUtyhIyA&cbp=12,37.81,,2,0.36

Google Maps


424 Reagan Dr, Eureka, Illinois, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=twelve-monkeys

Springfield! Springfield!


Twelve Monkeys (1995)


James, where did you grow up?
Dr. Railly.
- I have the strangest feeling
I've met you before.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43222

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Reopening of the Press Briefing Room at the White House

November 9, 1981

Mr. Brady. It's nice to be back. I was told I was going to say hello to you and that was it. Hello, good friends. [Cheers]

Reporters. Hi, Jim. Good to see you.

Mr. Brady. We tried to run over Sam [Sam Donaldson, ABC News] out in the street. [Laughter]

Mr. Donaldson. If you can't beat 'em, run 'em down. [Laughter]

Mr. Brady. That's right.

[At this point, the President and Mrs. Reagan entered the Briefing Room. ]

The President. Well, aren't we overwhelmed by the grandeur of the place? First, let me welcome all you orphans home. You know, we sort of missed you. It's been quiet over here, kind of like when the kids go back to school. [Laughter] You know, of course, this press room is still built over a swimming pool. Now, it isn't true, however, that the floor has been hinged-

Mr. Brady. Yes, it is. [Laughter]

The President. —and can be sprung like a trap. Not that you would ever ask the wrong questions. [Laughter] But if you should, we have installed one new feature. The place is wired for sound. We can press a button here on the podium and get instant helicopter noise in here. [Laughter]










From 8/17/1960 ( premiere US film "The Time Machine" ) To 8/31/1992 is 11702 days

11702 = 5851 + 5851

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/9/1981 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks at the Reopening of the Press Briefing Room at the White House ) is 5851 days



From 8/17/1960 ( the Soviet Union trial of the United States Central Intelligence Agency pilot Gary Powers begins in Moscow Russia Soviet Union ) To 8/31/1992 is 11702 days

11702 = 5851 + 5851

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/9/1981 ( Ronald Reagan - Remarks at the Reopening of the Press Briefing Room at the White House ) is 5851 days



From 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 ) To 8/31/1992 is 592 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/17/1967 ( the first hydrogen bomb explosion by Communist China and with the ongoing support of the George Herbert Walker Bush spy network violently against the United States of America ) is 592 days



From 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) To 8/31/1992 is 592 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/17/1967 ( the first hydrogen bomb explosion by Communist China and with the ongoing support of the George Herbert Walker Bush spy network violently against the United States of America ) is 592 days



From 2/17/1909 ( Geronimo deceased ) To 10/15/1962 ( the United States National Photographic Interpretation Center determined that Soviet Union offensive missiles and launchers had been placed in Cuba ) is 19598 days

19598 = 9799 + 9799

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/31/1992 is 9799 days



From 12/7/1941 ( the United States Navy Pacific Fleet severely damaged in the surprise attack at Pearl Harbor Hawaii ) To 8/31/1992 is 18530 days

18530 = 9265 + 9265

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 3/5/1963 ( Patsy Cline killed in airplane crash ) To 8/31/1992 is 10772 days

10772 = 5386 + 5386

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/1/1980 ( premiere US film "The Final Countdown" ) is 5386 days



From 7/16/1963 ( Phoebe Cates the Harvard University graduate medical doctor and the world-famous actress and the wife of my biological brother Thomas Reagan ) To 5/14/1990 ( departing as United States Navy Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer Kerry Wayne Burgess my honorable discharge from United States Navy active service for commissioning as chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps and circa 2012 my United States of America military services continues as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps lieutenant general ) is 9799 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/31/1992 is 9799 days



From 9/20/1962 ( premiere US film "No Man Is an Island" ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash ) is 9799 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 8/31/1992 is 9799 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/still-havent-made-that-blog-post-i-was.html ]


http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=4736&year=1992&month=8

George Bush [ RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 ]

Presidential Library and Museum

Public Papers - 1992 - August

Statement on the Russia-United States Agreement on the Disposition of Uranium From Nuclear Weapons

1992-08-31

Over the past year the United States and the former Soviet Union have agreed to cut their strategic nuclear arsenals by two-thirds and to eliminate most of their tactical nuclear weapons, including all ground-launched systems. As a result of these dramatic reductions, thousands of nuclear warheads are being dismantled in Russia and the United States. The United States and Russia are cooperating closely to help ensure the safe and secure transport, storage, and dismantlement of former Soviet nuclear weapons.

I am pleased to announce that the Russian Federation and the United States have now also initialed an agreement to ensure that highly enriched uranium from dismantled nuclear weapons will be used only for peaceful purposes. Our two Governments have initialed an agreement, which we expect to sign quickly, providing for the conversion of this material into civilian reactor fuel. We have also agreed to establish measures to ensure that the nonproliferation, physical security, material accounting and control, and environmental requirements covering this material are fully met.

Under the agreement, the United States and Russia would seek within the next 12 months to conclude an implementing contract establishing the terms of the purchase of weapons-grade uranium by the U.S. Department of Energy and the dilution of that material to reactor-grade uranium for sale as commercial reactor fuel. The contract would also provide for the participation of the U.S. private sector and the use by the Russian Federation of a portion of the proceeds to increase the safety of nuclear reactors in the former Soviet Union.

Abroad, this agreement will help ensure that nuclear weapons-grade material does not fall into the wrong hands, while providing funds to promote economic reforms and the transition to a market-based economy. At home, this agreement will secure long-term supplies of less expensive fuel for U.S. nuclear power stations to the benefit of American consumers, with no adverse impact on American jobs. Thus, this U.S.-Russian agreement illustrates how foreign policy accomplishments can promote our domestic economic well-being while making the world a safer place to live.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-school

Springfield! Springfield!


Back to School (1986)


Now, notwithstanding
Mr. Melon's input...
the next question for us is
where to build our factory.
How about Fantasyland?
My first class.
I did good, huh?
You better cool it
with Dr. Barbay.
Dr. Barbay, he don't know dick.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/releaseinfo

IMDb


The Time Machine (1960)

Release Info

USA 17 August 1960



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/fullcredits

IMDb


The Time Machine (1960)

Full Cast & Crew

Rod Taylor ... H. George Wells










From 9/2/1965 ( the first day of my biological brother Thomas Reagan as a university student and graduate student instructor at Princeton University Princeton New Jersey United States where he earned a doctor of medicine degree as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 10701 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 2/19/1995 is 10701 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/10/early-oklahoma.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/the-simpsons/bart-vs-australia-1404/

tv.com


The Simpsons Season 6 Episode 16

Bart vs. Australia

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 19, 1995 on FOX

AIRED: 2/19/95










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-school

Springfield! Springfield!


Back to School (1986)


In response
to Roman numeral 27...
section three, part two...
of subset D...
of the question...
the answer is...
Mr. Melon?
Mr. Melon?
Hey, relax. This man's been put
under a lot of pressure.
Let's take it easy on him.
Say it! Say it!
The answer is... four?
Right.
Dr. Turner?
Hold it. That's it.
I can't take it no more.
I feel like I just gave birth
to an accountant.











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.466624,-87.03867&spn=0.014487,0.033023&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=41.466608,-87.042622&panoid=HCPIi37ohDfsvPWqGsFuWQ&cbp=12,222.82,,1,3.98

Google Maps


1517 Laporte Ave, Valparaiso, Indiana, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=fugitive-the

Springfield! Springfield!


Fugitive, The (1993)


-Put the helicopter on the bridge!
...but only one person in a million could
survive that fall. The guy is fish food!
Get a cane pole.
Go catch the fish that ate him.
Get Stevens. Tell him we're on the way in.
That man took everything from me!
We can't find the guy.
We can't find the guy.
You find that man!
You find that man!
You find that man!
The generators and searchlights
are there now.
They'll continue the search into the night.
Good. Call Kentucky and
thank them for the dogs.
Remember, opera ain't over
until the Big Dog howls.
Need a ride?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139654/quotes

IMDb


Training Day (2001)

Quotes


Jake Hoyt: This car is not from the motor pool.

Alonzo Harris: It's not, sexy though, ain't it?

Jake Hoyt: So, where's the office? Back at division?

Alonzo Harris: You're in the office










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=back-to-school

Springfield! Springfield!


Back to School (1986)


All right, Mr. Melon.
I have some spare time
this evening.
Why don't you come around
about 7:00?
- Great.
- I'll give you my address.
- Thanks.
- Please be on time.
I'll be on time.
What penmanship.
"Everywhere the ceremony
of innocence is drowned;
"The best
lack all conviction...
"while the worst are full
of passionate intensity."
There's a lot
of other stuff here.
Yeats goes on and on...
and here's the finish.
"What rough beast,
its hour come round at last...
"slouches towards Bethlehem
to be born?"
What does that
make you think of?
Rough beast. My ex-wife.
Well, that's
one interpretation.
Not the right one,
but it's a start.
Surely a man of your age
and experience...
must have read some
of the things on my list.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/16/07 2:59 PM
I "remember" telling Thedia one time this was my favorite novel. That must have been before my divergence from my real identity. I can still "remember" watching the mini-series in that apartment I had at Arrowood. That would have been just after UFP transferred us to Charlotte because Eric Zimmerman was still living there in that apartment, which UFP had arranged for us. I stayed in the apartment after he and his wife found another place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand

The Stand is an apocalyptic horror epic novel by Stephen King originally published in 1978. It re-works the scenario in King’s earlier short story, “Night Surf” (included in the short story collection Night Shift).

The novel was re-released as The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition in 1990. King restored some text originally cut for brevity, added and revised sections, changed the setting of the novel from 1980 to 1990, and updated a few pop culture references accordingly. This edition featured art by Berni Wrightson.

While plans for a film adaptation did not come to fruition, a TV miniseries based on The Stand and scripted by King himself was released in 1994.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 April 2007 excerpt ends]










From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 5/8/1994 is 1149 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1968 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan the United States Navy Commander circa 1968 was United States Apollo 8 spacecraft United States Navy astronaut in orbit of the planet Earth's moon ) is 1149 days



From 1/23/1942 ( premiere US film "Duke of the Navy" ) To 5/8/1994 is 19098 days

19098 = 9549 + 9549

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) is 9549 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-active-subversion-of-us-department.html ]


http://www.tv.com/shows/stephen-kings-the-stand/the-plague-1178981

tv.com


Stephen King's The Stand

Season 1, Episode 1

The Plague

Air Date

Sunday May 8, 1994










http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 22


“The beast is on its way,” Starkey said, turning around. He was weeping and grinning. “It’s on its way, and it’s a good deal rougher than that fellow Yeets ever could have imagined. Things are falling apart. The job is to hold as much as we can for as long as we can.”

“Yes, sir,” Creighton said, and for the first time he felt the sting of tears in his own eyes. “Yes, Billy.”

Starkey put out his hand and Creighton took it in both of his own. Starkey’s hand was old and cold, like the shed skin of a snake in which some small prairie animal has died, leaving its own fragile skeleton within the husk of the reptile. Tears overspilled the lower arcs of Starkey’s eyes and ran down his meticulously shaved cheeks.

“I have business to attend to,” Starkey said.

“Yes, sir.”



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:45 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 21 January 2015