Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Watch (2012)




http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV003857660000&s=201501251400&sid=59814&sn=FXPHD&st=201501251330&cn=665

excite tv


The Watch (2012)

665 FXPHD: Sunday, January 25 1:30 PM [ Sunday 1:30 PM 25 January 2015 Pacific Time USA ]

2012, R, *1/2, 01:41, Color, English, United States,

Four members of a neighborhood watch group discover that their town has become overrun with aliens posing as ordinary suburbanites.

Cast: Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, Richard Ayoade, Rosemarie DeWitt, Will Forte, Doug Jones, R. Lee Ermey










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: posted by H.V.O.M at 11:11 PM Friday, September 02, 2005


The Running Man

I have always read a lot, since I was a kid. When I was in the Navy I read a lot of books when we were out to sea and one of my favorites authors during that time was Stephen King, not to mention Tom Clancy and Louis L'Amour.

One of King's book that has been on my mind a lot over these past few years is The Running Man. You may have seen the movie, but the book is a lot different and I think a much better work. Anyway, there have also been a lot of similarities between my experience over the past few years and that of the protagonist character in the book.

One notable event happened a few years ago when I was still working with Microsoft, although was soon to quit, and I was living in an apartment in Redmond. Noises bother me a lot and the people in the apartment above me were causing quit a commotion. It sounded like they had a lot of people in there and they were all stomping around. I went up there and knocked on the door. Before they opened it, I heard someone on the other side say, "Shh, it's the running man."

That stuck in my head for a long time. Ordinarily I probably wouldn't have given it a second thought for several reasons. One is that I was literally running a lot because I was training for my Ironman triathlon. But how would they know that? From their apartment, they couldn't see me leaving mine to go out running on the Samm. Trail. Plus that, they were new to the building.

And then I remembered The Running Man by King and that really worried me. It was crazy but it made sense.

So, anyway, there have been about a million little things like this that have led me to where I am now. I know what I heard and I know what I've seen. I still believe without doubt that I will get answers to all this, I just wonder if I am going to have to wait until I am 90 years old before that happens. My best years were ahead of me. There is still a lot I want to accomplish. None of this is helping.

Interesting commentary about The Running Man I found on the web:

http://rense.com/general63/sstep.htm


But other early writings of King (Bachman) have proved even more prescient, perhaps none more so than the action-packed novella, The Running Man (1982). Here, King foretells of the coming "reality TV" craze, where human beings risk life and limb for a shot at a little money and a little fame.
The protagonist of the Running Man is Benjamin Richards, an out of work breadwinner in a barren economy, forced to compete on a macabre game show where the losing contestants are murdered. Richards' task is to elude capture for 30 days from law enforcement and a group of trackers called the Hunters.
Citizens are told that Richards is a criminal (terrorist?), and will receive cash rewards as "great citizens" (patriots?) if they turn him in. If Richards remains free for 30 days, his prize is a billion dollars. If he gets caught, he will be executed in the most violent manner imaginable.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 02 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093894/quotes

IMDb


The Running Man (1987)

Quotes


Damon Killian: We have one hell of a show for you tonight. Phil, please, if you will, introduce tonight's guest runner...

Damon Killian: [to Mrs. Agnes McArdle and the audience] ... and watch that screen.

Phil Hiton: Our star runner tonight needs no introduction. He's Ben Richards, the brutal slayer of 60 men, women, and children in the Bakersfield massacre.

Ben Richards: Food riot in progress. Approximately 1,500 civilians. Moving in.

Dispatcher: [to Richards] Yankee-nine-niner, the crowd is unarmed. Repeat, unarmed. Abort attack. Acknowledge, Yankee-Nine-Niner.

Ben Richards: [to dispatch] The hell with you.

Dispatcher: Lieutenant Sanders, take command. Detain Richards and return to base.

[Ben attacks Sanders and the crew; Thousands of shanty residents, the audience, and the guests in the locker room, including Captain Freedom, are watching the shocking events infolding]

Dispatcher: Acknowledge, Yankee-Nine-Niner! Acknowledge! Return to base! Those are innocent, unarmed people down there! Cease fire! CEASE FIRE!

[Ben starts shooting at the crowd with an automatic machine gun and laying waste to the entire city using rocket launchers; The audience and the residents watch in sheer horror]

Damon Killian: Well, we all know the aftermath: Grieving parents, orphaned children, and a nation shocked to its very core. Here he is, ready to pay the price for our home audience. In person, the Butcher of Bakersfield!











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en-US&ll=47.678523,-122.126388&spn=26.578927,67.631836&layer=c&panoid=kypcACQdKRVFXXt0l2D_-w&cbp=12,149.49,,0,-20.41&gl=US&t=h&z=5&cbll=47.678523,-122.126388

Google Maps


16021 NE 85th St, Redmond, Washington, United States

Address is approximate










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=watch-the

Springfield! Springfield!


Watch, The (2012)


[ Abby: ] You came back for us.










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie8.html

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


BORG QUEEN: Why do you insist on utilising this primitive linguistic communication? Your android brain is capable of so much more.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=idiocracy

Springfield! Springfield!


Idiocracy (2006)


[ Narrator: ] Desperate and scared... Joe used his superior intelligence... to come up with the best escape plan he could think of.

[ Joe Bauers: ] Hi. Excuse me. I'm actually supposed to be getting out of prison today, sir. Yeah.

[ Prison Guard: (slaps Joe in the back of the head) ] You're in the wrong line, dumb ass. Over there.

[ Joe Bauers: ] I'm sorry. I am being a big dumb ass. Sorry.

[ Prison Guard: ] Hey, uh, let this dumb ass through.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/quotes

IMDb


Idiocracy (2006)

Quotes


Secret Service Thug: Okay. Hey, a couple of us guys were wonderin', uh if we'd go family-style on her.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=watch-the

Springfield! Springfield!


Watch, The (2012)


[ Franklin: ] Hey. I need you to be strong for me, okay?

[ Abby: ] Eww.










http://www.tv.com/shows/battlestar-galactica/daybreak-part-2-2-1249824/

tv.com


Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Episode 20

Daybreak, Part 2 (2)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 20, 2009 on Syfy

AIRED: 3/20/09



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993922/quotes

IMDb


Battlestar Galactica (TV Series)

Daybreak: Part 2 & 3 (2009)

Quotes


Brother Cavil: Not to rush you or anything, but you are keeping two entire civilizations waiting!



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:57 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 25 January 2015