Thursday, January 11, 2024

Today is 01/11/2024, Post #3





by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/11/2024 2:26 PM



From 11/20/1989 ( premiere USA film "Back to the Future - Part 2" ) To 1/11/2024 ( Today , Thursday ) is 12470 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/24/1999 ( premiere USA film "The Ninth Gate" ) is 12470 days









Back to the Future II (1989)

(from internet transcript)

Be a pal and hand me a five-eighths inch wrench from the toolbox.
Five-eighths?
Don't you mean three-quarters?
Why, you're right.
I presume you're conducting some sort of weather experiment.
That's right. How did you know that?
I happen to have had a little experience in this area.
I'm hoping to see some lightning tonight...
...although the weatherman says there's no chance of rain.
There's going to be plenty of rain. Wind, thunder, lightning.
- It's going to be one hell of a storm. - Thanks. Nice talking to you.
Maybe we'll bump into each other again in the future.
DOC: Or in the past.
[Tires screeching]
[Jazz music playing in school]
MARTY: Doc, Doc! Come in!
BIFF: Where's that punk Calvin Klein, anyway?
LACKEY: I don't know. I ain't his secretary.
BIFF: Well, find him. He caused me $300 damage.
I owe him a knuckle sandwich. Get going!
LACKEY: Aren't you coming? BIFF: I'm reading.
[Crunch of footfall]
STRICKLAND: Well, well, Mr. Tannen.
How nice to see you here.
- Why, Mr. Strickland, nice to see you, sir.- Is that liquor I smell, Tannen?
I wouldn't know.
I don't know what it smells like because I'm too young to drink it.
I see.
What have we here?
STRICKLAND: Sports stats, interesting subject. Homework, Tannen?
No, it ain't homework, because, I ain't at home.
You got a real attitude problem, you know?
One day I'll have you where I want you, in detention.
STRICKLAND: Slacker!
MARTY: Jesus, you smoke, too?
LORRAINE: Marty, you sound just like my mother.
MARTY: Yeah, right.
LORRAINE: When I have kids, I'll let them do anything they want.
Anything at all.
- I'd like to have that in writing.










DSC08668 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 03/31/2023









IMDb

Back to the Future II (1989)

Quotes

Marty McFly: Where are we? When are we?

Doc: We're descending toward Hill Valley, California, at 4:29 pm, on Wednesday, October 21st, 2015.

Marty McFly: 2015? You mean we're in the future?

Jennifer: Future? Marty, what do you mean? How can we be in the future?

Marty McFly: Uh, Jennifer, um, I don't know how to tell you this, but I... you're in a time machine.









IMDb

Back to the Future II (1989)

Quotes

Doc: They're taking her home, to your future home! We'll arrive shortly thereafter, get her out of there and go back to 1985.

Marty McFly: You mean, I'm gonna see where I live? I'm gonna see myself as an old man?

Doc: No, no, no Marty, that could result in a-

[gasps]

Doc: Great Scott! Jennifer could conceivably encounter her future self! The consequences of that could be disastrous!

Marty McFly: Doc, what do you mean?

Doc: I foresee two possibilities. One, coming face to face with herself 30 years older would put her into shock and she'd simply pass out. Or two, the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

Marty McFly: Well, that's a relief.









IMDb

Back to the Future II (1989)

Quotes

Doc: Don't talk to anyone, don't touch anything, don't do anything, don't interact with anyone, and try not to look at anything.










2021-12-05_0-a updated , original work by me, Kerry Burgess



03/31/2023, You Retweeted:
2021-12-05_0-a , 2021-12-05_1




2021-12-05_1









Back to the Future II (1989)

(from internet transcript)

I don't remember bars being on these windows.
DOC: If you need me, I'll be in my lab dismantling this thing.
MARTY: Right.
What the hell?
[Hysterical screaming]
MARTY: Wait a minute. What are you doing in my room?
GIRL: Dad, help! DAD: Freeze, sucker!
- I don't want any trouble. - You got trouble now, you piece of trash.
DAD: What are you doing here? MARTY: I'm in the wrong house.
DAD: You got that right, you son of a...
- Look. I made a mistake. - Damned right you made a mistake!
DAD: I'm going to tear your ass up! That's right. You keep running, sucker! Tell that realty company that I ain't selling! We won't be terrorized!









IMDb

The Ninth Gate

Quotes

Boris Balkan: [reciting the secret meaning of the illustrations] To travel in silence / by a long and circuitous route, / To brave the arrows of misfortune / and fear neither noose nor fire, / To play the greatest of all games / and win, foregoing no expense / is to mock the vicissitudes of Fate / and gain at last the key / that will unlock the Ninth Gate.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 2:56 PM Pacific-time USA Thursday 01/11/2024