Sunday, January 14, 2024

Today is 01/14/2024





2/3/2006 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"Scar" )

4/6/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" )

9/29/2011 ( by me, Kerry Burgess )

4/15/1990 ( )

5/22/2015 ( premiere USA film "Tomorrowland" )

5/9/1921 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: ALBERT EINSTEIN SPEAKS ON THEORY HERE TO=DAY ; there will be present a gathering of the foremost scientists of the country. Invitations have been extended )

10/21/2022 ( premiere USA streaming-video serial Amazon Video "The Peripheral" )









by me, Kerry Burgess: Time here now: 01/07/2024 12:59 PM

The Lazarus Project

season 1 episode 2

Archie: You starting to see things?

George: Yeah, maybe. I don't know. December 2018. Did you reset the clock?

Archie: Yeah.

George: How many times?

Archie: A lot.









From 2/3/2006 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Battlestar Galactica"::"Scar" ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 6554 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/13/1983 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Wild America"::"Antlered Kingdom" ) is 6554 days









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 5:05:57 PM

Subject: You looking at me, punk?

I'm back online and I still hate you spying bastards.









From 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my US Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) To 2/3/2006 ( ) is 5496 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/19/1980 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Quincy M.E."::"Last Day, First Day" ) is 5496 days



From 6/13/2005 ( as Kerry Burgess my official United States Veterans Affairs psychiatric-hospital in Seattle documents includes: Other Medications - Risperdal started 6/13/05 ) To 2/3/2006 ( ) is 235 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/25/1966 ( Yugoslavia establishes diplomatic relations with that phony religious wacko cult The Vatican Catholic Church ) is 235 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my US Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 2/3/2006 ( ) is 4063 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/17/1976 ( premiere USA film "King Kong" ) is 4063 days



From 11/13/1959 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"The Lonely" ) To 2/3/2006 ( ) is 16884 days

16884 = 8442 + 8442

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/13/1988 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Nova"::"Can We Make a Better Doctor?" ) is 8442 days



From 2/26/1984 ( premiere USA TV movie "Lace" ) To 2/3/2006 ( ) is 8013 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/11/1987 ( premiere USA TV series "Women in Prison" ) is 8013 days









Battlestar Galactica

Season 2 Episode 15

"Scar"

Aired Feb 03, 2006 on Syfy

A crazed Cylon Raider attacks the Colonial fleet in a series of hit-and-run attacks. Overworked Viper pilots must defend a mining operation from this Raider that they nickname "Scar."

AIRED: 2/3/06










2006-09-12_2









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 1:18 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 2/13/06

Kerry Burgess wrote:

Not sure about this dream from when I finally got back to sleep this morning. I wanted to stay awake to watch the morning news but I was feeling the urge to watch my favorite anchorperson. If I watch her, I am going to talk and who knows how many sociopaths out there are listening to all this. How can this continue???









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 6:56:36 PM

Subject: Nice talking with you in the morning

http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-bio-lilyj,0,3625909.htmlstory?coll=kcpq-newsstaff-1

I think I am in love with Lily Jang. It seems crazy to even write that, with all things considered, but, well, what isn't crazy right now?










battlestar-galactica_season2-ep15_00h13m36s









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006

(from internet transcript)

Kat: Ooh, Scar's gonna smoke you like a fine cigar, my man.

BB: Who's Scar?

Duck: Not who. What. Toaster's top gun. Deadliest raider in the cylon fleet.

Jo Jo: Gimme break. Come on they're machines. one's the same as the next.

Yeah, that's what we thought till Captain thrace cut the brain out of one.

Hotdog: Scar's the best they got. Lotta pilots die going after that bastard.

BB: Why do they call him Scar?

Kat: You'll find out soon enough. He's got a taste for nuggets. Easy pickings.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006

Galactica - Brig

Boomer: This guy's probably died and been reborn a dozen times. You may have faced him before.

Starbuck: So what, raiders reincarnate? Just like you?

Boomer: Yeah, just like me.

Starbuck: Great. What a frakkin' world.

Boomer: A raider's much like a trained animal, with the basic consciousness and survival instinct. But with the destruction of the resurrection ship, when they die, they're really dead. So, they're not gonna mount mass attacks where they could have major casualties.

Starbuck: Raiders reincarnate?

Boomer: Makes sense, doesn't it? It takes months for you to train a nugget into an effective viper pilot. And then they get killed. And their experience, their knowledge, their skill sets. They're all lost forever. So, if you could bring 'em back and put 'em in a brand new body, wouldn't you do it? 'Cause death then becomes a learning experience. How, uh-- how many pilots have we lost? I mean, have you lost?

Starbuck: You know, there are times when I look at you and I forget what you are. All I see is that kid that pooched her landings day after day. The kid that was frakkin' the chief and thinking she was getting away with it.

Boomer: Yeah, I remember. [Crying] You were like a big sister to--

Boomer reaches out to touch Starbuck on the leg. The marines promptly cock and raise their rifles to stop her.

Boomer: Kara, um-- be careful of Scar, okay? He's filled with rage.

Starbuck: About what?

Boomer: Dying's a painful and traumatic experience. Every time he's reborn, he's filled with more bitter memories. Scar hates you every bit as much as you hate him.










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m23s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m33s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m35s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m42s









From 4/6/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The City on the Edge of Forever" ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 20737 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/12/2022 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) is 20737 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: August 12, 2022

by me, Kerry Burgess, January 24, 2022

A new sense of the profound to try to explain how this is affecting me personally: that is not some different version of me in the distant future communicating to me. That is *me*.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: August 12, 2022

by me, Kerry Burgess, January 24, 2022

In a sense, a different version, but in reality a direct line from here now to there then. A hundred years from now, or a thousand years from now.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: August 12, 2022

https://yahoo.com/news/centuries-old-warnings-emerge-riverbed-162506246.html

Centuries-old warnings emerge from riverbed as Europe faces historic drought

Aspen Pflughoeft

Fri, August 12, 2022 at 9:25 AM

Centuries-old warnings emerge from riverbed as Europe faces historic drought

The drought in Europe is on track to be the worst one in 500 years, experts say.



https://yahoo.com/news/centuries-old-warnings-emerge-riverbed-162506246.html

Centuries-old warnings emerge from riverbed as Europe faces historic drought

August 12, 2022

These stones are chiselled with the years of hardship and the initials of authors lost to history, a team of Czech researchers wrote in a 2013 study.



Centuries-old warnings emerge from riverbed as Europe faces historic drought

August 12, 2022

The stone, dating back to a drought in 1616, is once again visible in the dry riverbed, . The warning reads, Wenn du mich seehst, dann weine - If you see me, weep.










star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h34m47s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h36m05s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h36m23s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h36m26s
star-trek-tos_season1-ep28_00h36m30s









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 9:42 PM

The Lazarus Project

season 1 episode 8

Hmm, Shiv.

Interesting.

He came here to tell me something. But I shot him, before he could.

Well, that was a silly thing to do.

Yeah, well obviously I didn't mean to- Anyway, he has a note with him.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 3:39 PM

The Lazarus Project

season 1 episode 7

00:05:38

Shiv: What was it like? Getting everything you wanted back again?

George: Worth it.

Shiv: Yeah. Yeah, well... we'll see.









From 7/18/1953 ( premiere USA film "Copenhagen, City of Towers" ) To 9/29/2011 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) is 21257 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 21257 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, 14 September 2015

That seems ridiculous in recent day's thinking because if she had not married Denzil that I am very certain I would have never started using snuff tobacco. I got bored with Skoal about 1982 or so and switched to the worse product Copenhagen. By the year 1988, the way I remember, we were on our way to the Persian Gulf and the clerk in the ship's store told me they weren't selling Copenhagen anymore so instead of thinking about toughing out the inevitable nicotine withdrawal I opted out for a carton of Marlboro Lights.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 4:18 AM THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2011

Star constellations

I wasn't going to write about a dream I just before waking up and getting out of bed but I was later in the shower and I started thinking about a possible explanation for the star pattern I saw in my dream and so I decided to write about that part and to try to write the least about the rest of the dream as I could, which I feel compelled to not write about for no real reason.

The compelling part about the dream is the pattern of stars I saw. The dream seems to have started with me and I was out in the woods somewhere and the light was dark and I had some kind of ability to radiate laser beams from my fingers or somehow create laser beams. As I think more about that as I write this now I thing again that I did not actually see the laser beams but I am vaguely aware that I could see the patterns I created on people with the laser beams. The notion of the laser beam is never really visually established in the dream but that is a notion that is strongly in my mind after waking up. The last thing I seemed to do with my laser beam power was that I saw myself form a pattern of stars on the ground to my left. The power seemed to stop working at that point. I also found my puzzled about how there were five stars in my creation when I expected only four. Since I was wearing those stars on the epaulet on my black jacket then I was thinking of how the United States Marine Corps has never had a five star general officer and I don't think the USMC should ever have a five star general officer.

What I puzzled about was how the pattern of those stars did not seem consistent with how an officer of the United States military would wear a five-star pattern on his uniform. I seemed to be wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy. What was unusual was how one of the stars was set away from the other four stars.

When I was in the shower and was thinking about that visualization in my mind of those stars that I had created on the ground and then was wearing my shoulder, on the black jacket that is the type United States Navy sailors used to refer to as the "Eisenhower" jacket, I wondered if that pattern was supposed to represent the star constellation we call the Big Dipper.

Ah, yes. That has got to be it. Just now as I wrote that word "Big Dipper" I remember dialog that happened soon later that is consistent with that notion.

So going back to what I was thinking as I decided to write this note, I thought about how my visualization of the star pattern did not match the Big Dipper very well. But then I started to wonder if I was seeing the pattern of the Big Dipper while I was standing on a planet or moon that circled a star that was very distant from our planet Earth.

I keep thinking of reasons why that all could be just a normal dream. But maybe it is not.

After my laser beam power stopped working, I saw some of the people I had been forming laser beam patterns on and they were all getting into cars and leaving in a long procession of army-type vehicles. They all seemed to be from World War 2. I noted the color pattern of one of the vehicles but I cannot think of any comment to make about it.

Then I seemed to be a sentry on a hill in downtown Seattle Washington. I was aware that I was totally alone in my role. I was also aware I was wearing a United States military uniform but I cannot visualize any details about it from the dream. I was there for a long time. Some kind of conflict started among a few local people that had walked up and I was trying to stay out of it. The next part I remember from the dream is that I was sitting in a room and there were people around me and one was the old woman whose dialog is consistent with the notion that I was seeing the star pattern of the Big Dipper constellation. Then a woman stood up and she was also wearing the winter dress uniform of the United States Navy and I saw the postal clerk rating symbol on her uniform. Then I saw a person walk into the room I was in from the room next door with the half-window walls and where I had been aware that a conference was going on that all of us had been waiting for to get finished and that person who walked out of that room was a person that I understood in the dream to by my brother Thomas Reagan and he seemed to be about eight years old. He was also wearing the winter working dress uniform of the United States Navy and I noticed just after I saw the woman's rating symbol that he was also wearing the postal clerk rating symbol. But he had the E-1 rate white symbol patch on one sleeve and the E-2 rate white stripe patch on the other sleeve, which is definitely not a uniform standard of the United States Navy. After thinking about that after waking up I decided that detail is supposed to represent the E-1 and E-2 aircraft of the United States Navy.

As he walked up to me, I asked him where he had been because I have been standing on that hill everyday. There was some unspoken dialog about me having food during that time.

There was some other stuff that happened in the dream but I decided to end this note with his response to me about how he had heard I had picked up more stars. I distinctly remember his words to me at that point. He asked me "Is it worth it?"

At that point, I took off two stars from the jacket epaulet on my shoulder, which seemed to be the type used for award stars on United States military medals and ribbons, and I was aware that left me with three stars on my shoulder.

So as I was wondering after getting out of the shower is that I could have just had a normal dream. But I could have just dreamed that final star symbol I need.









The Simpsons

"Opposites A-Frack"

Season 26 Episode 5

AIRED: 11/2/14

The Simpsons

Opposites A-frack

(from internet transcript)

Marge Simpson: How could you sell fracking for Mr. Burns?

Homer Simpson: 'Cause I've never gotten a promotion before. Once I thought I had, but it turned out to be a beautifully-worded firing









"The Crepes of Wrath" ( The Simpsons )

April 15, 1990

(from internet transcript)

The doorbell rings, and Homer rings the handbell. ``Maaaaarge! Maaarge! MARGE! GET THE DOOR!'' Marge peers through the peephole and gets a distorted view of Principal Skinner. Bart escapes to his room as Marge brings Principal Skinner into the living room. Homer remains on the couch.

Homer: Oh, hello, Principal Skinner. I'd get up, but the boy crippled me.

Principal Skinner: Mm hm. I understand completely.

Pr. Skinner: Mr. and Mrs. Simpson, we have transcended incorrigible. I don't think suspension or expulsion will do the trick. I think it behooves us all to consider... deportation.

Marge: Deportation!? You mean, kick Bart out of the country?

Homer: Eh, hear him out, Marge.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 4:07 PM

The Lazarus Project

season 1 episode 7

00:15:41

Waiter: Monsieur, dame, vous avez termine?









From 2/20/1975 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Students Halt 'Dating' Survey ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 17860 days

17860 = 8930 + 8930

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/15/1990 ( ) is 8930 days









https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001256/bio/

IMDb

Greta Garbo

Biography

Born September 18, 1905 Stockholm, Stockholms län, Sweden

Died April 15, 1990 New York City, New York, USA

Birth name Greta Lovisa Gustafsson










2024-01-14_1

https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19241208-01.2.2&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------









From 12/8/1924 ( ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 36196 days

36196 = 18098 + 18098

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/22/2015 ( premiere USA film "Tomorrowland" ) is 18098 days









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19241208-01.2.2&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Miss Draper's repertoire consists of over 40 sketches which she composed, and which until recently she has carried entirely in her head. The sketches vary in subject from the society matron to the Ellis Island immigrant, all presented with equal fidelity and sincerity. The only equipment which Miss Draper uses is a high-backed chair which appears in all the characterizations;









The Lazarus Project (2022) s01e07

Episode 7

Sarah: And I know I should have said this to you last night, because it's too cruel.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 4:28 PM

The Lazarus Project

season 1 episode 7

00:23:09

Archie: Sit with that one for a little while... it's a bit of a noodle twister.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 5:30 PM



From 5/9/1921 ( ) To 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) is 21257 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 21257 days










2024-01-14_2

https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19210509-01.2.9&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

The lecture to-day will be an introductory explanation of the relativity theory and will be given under the subject. "Generalities on the Theory of Relativity". After a continuation of this general theme to-morrow. Professor Einstein will enter more deeply into the subject.

The topics Wednesday and Thursday are: "The Special Theory of Relativity" and "The General Theory of Relativity and Gravitation". The series will end Friday afternoon with an explanation of "Cosmological Speculations".










2003-07-14_0-a









From 10/21/2022 ( premiere USA streaming video-serial Amazon Video "The Peripheral" ) To 1/14/2024 ( ) is 450 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/26/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Tomorrow Is Yesterday" ) is 450 days









The Peripheral (The Jackpot Trilogy) Kindle version

Chapter 26

"You might begin by explaining this hobby of yours, Mr. Zubov. Your solicitors described you to me as a 'continua enthusiast.'"

"That's never entirely easy," said Lev. "You know about the server?"









The Peripheral

Chapter 26

"The great mystery, yes. Assumed to be Chinese, and as with so many aspects of China today, quite beyond us. You use it to communicate with the past, or rather *a* past, since in our actual past, you didn't.









The Peripheral

Chapter 26

That rather hurts my head, Mr. Zubov. I gather it doesn't hurt yours?"

"Far less than the sort of paradox we're accustomed to culturally, in discussing imaginary transtemporal affairs," said Lev.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

MAELSTROM

04-MAR-2007

Starbuck, hand on the eject lever: Lee. I'm not afraid anymore.

Apollo: Say again?

Starbuck: I'm not afraid anymore.

CIC

Colonel Saul Tigh, 2nd-in-command, interstellar-space-warship Battlestar Galactica: She should be afraid.









The Simpsons s14e09

"The Strong Arms of the Ma" [ The Simpsons ]

Marge Simpson: Grampa, I'm not afraid.

Grandpa Abe Simpson: Then you're not paying close enough attention.









From 2/2/2003 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Simpsons"::"The Strong Arms of the Ma" ) To 1/14/2024 ( ) is 7651 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/14/1986 ( premiere USA film "The Color of Money" ) is 7651 days










2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03217









From 6/14/1959 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Behind the News with Howard K. Smith"::"The Dangers of Radioactive Fallout" ) To 8/25/2017 ( ) is 21257 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/2024 ( ) is 21257 days









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 6:28 PM

The Lazarus Project

season 1 episode 7

00:36:43

George: Um, this could probably have just been a text.









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/09/z-nation.html

posted by me, Kerry Burgess: September 12, 2014 11:06 PM

DON HENLEY

"The Heart Of The Matter"

I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
But I knew that it would come
An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone
She said you found someone
And I thought of all the bad luck,
And the struggles we went through
And how I lost me and you lost you









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3723636/

IMDb

Intruders

S1.E4

Ave Verum Corpus

Episode aired Sep 13, 2014









http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/09/intruders.html

by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 12:03 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 20 September 2014

Intruders

Ave Verum Corpus

(Phone vibrates) (Groans) Yeah? Rose: (On phone) This is going to be a very bad call for you.
(Chuckles) Aren't they all lately? Rose: What the hell have you been doing? Not what I told you.
Not what I told you, Richard.










battlestar-galactica_season4-ep11-2009_00h-06m-50s
battlestar-galactica_season4-ep11-2009_00h-07m-28s
battlestar-galactica_season4-ep11-2009_00h-12m-22s
battlestar-galactica_season4-ep11-2009_00h-12m-40s
DSC05871 bsg
battlestar-galactica_season4-ep11-2009_00h-18m-23s
10800_DSC00865 bsg
DSC05872 bsg









From 1/22/1950 ( premiere USA film "The Titan: Story of Michelangelo" ) To 4/4/2008 ( ) is 21257 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/14/2024 ( ) is 21257 days



From 3/13/1939 ( ) To 1/14/2024 ( ) is 30988 days

30988 = 15494 + 15494

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/4/2008 ( ) is 15494 days









Battlestar Galactica

"No Exit"

TV-series season 4 episode 15, 02/13/2009

Cavil: [ to Boomer: ] Now you finally see the truth about your Final Five.

Boomer: Just tell us.









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_L%C3%A9vy-Bruhl

Lucien Lévy-Bruhl

From Wikipedia

Lucien Lévy-Bruhl (10 April 1857 – 13 March 1939) was a French scholar trained in philosophy who furthered anthropology with his contributions to the budding fields of sociology and ethnology. His primary field interest was ways of thinking.

Born in Paris, Lévy-Bruhl wrote about the mind in his work How Natives Think (1910), where he posited, as the two basic mindsets of mankind, the "primitive" and the "modern". The primitive mind does not differentiate the supernatural from reality but uses "mystical participation" to manipulate the world. According to Lévy-Bruhl, the primitive mind does not address contradictions. The modern mind, by contrast, uses reflection and logic.

Lévy-Bruhl did not necessarily believe in a historical and evolutionary teleology leading from the primitive mind to the modern, but this is often assumed because his work is rarely read in full; rather, his thought is more dynamic, as shown by his later Notebooks on Primitive Mentality, where he admits that non-logical thought is common in modern societies, such as in gambling practices.

Lévy-Bruhl's work, especially the concepts of collective representations and participation mystique, influenced the psychological theory of Carl Jung.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008

(from internet transcript)

Starbuck, getting out of her Viper: Chief, I'm gonna need you to develop my gun camera footage ASAP. I've got a hell of a set of vacation pictures.

(She approaches him; nobody moves or speaks.)

Starbuck: I'll take my post-flight checklist. I want to sign out so I can get in the showers.

Chief: ...I don't have one for you.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008

(from internet transcript)

Starbuck: What the hell are you doing in a jock smock?

Anders: I just finished Viper transition a week ago, and I started ACM...

Starbuck, confused: How the...

(Sam laughs and touches her face.)

Adama, from above: Starbuck!

Starbuck, grinning up: I did it, Boss. I found Earth!

(She chuckles, and Sam smiles behind her.)

Adama: Everybody move back.

Marines, cocking their guns: Move in. Step away!

Adama: I need you in Sickbay. Cottle's gonna give you a complete physical examination.

Starbuck: Okay, what the hell's going on? I'm off the ship for a few hours and everybody's acting...

Anders: -- A few hours? Kara, you were gone for over two months.

Kara, getting angry: That's impossible.









Battlestar Galactica

"No Exit"

TV-series season 4 episode 15, 02/13/2009

Cavil: Your children are dying, Ellen, and you won't lift a finger to save us? Why? Out of spite? Because I refuse to kneel to your orthodoxy? [ to Boomer: ] Now you finally see the truth about your Final Five.

Boomer: Just tell us. Tell us about Resurrection.

Ellen Tigh: I can't. It would take all of us.

Cavil: You see how she forces me? They're no better than the humans that enslaved us. If you don't tell me how to rebuild a Resurrection, I'm gonna cut open your head -

Ellen Tigh: John.

Cavil: - and look for it there. The brain is a marvelous thing. It's a big electrical grid. Just lay it open, stimulate it in the right places, and I can trigger your deepest memory. Your deepest fears. Your deepest guilt. And even the recipe for life everlasting.









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

4X01 - HE THAT BELIEVETH IN ME

ORIGINAL AIRDATE (SciFi): 04-APR-2008

Kara, angry: I followed a heavy Raider into the storm. Took some hits, passed out. When I came to, I was orbiting this planet. Its yellow moon and star matches the description in Pythia. I took these pictures in orbit. The star patterns match what we saw in the Tomb of Athena.

Roslin: How did you get here?

Starbuck: I told you, I don't know exactly.

Roslin: Well, that's just not good enough, Captain. Tell us everything you remember.

Starbuck: I remember taking the photos. Turning my ship in a reciprocal heading. And then I'm not sure. I must've blacked out again. I remember a giant gas planet with rings. I remember a flashing triple star. And a comet. And then I was back with the Fleet.

Roslin: And for you, all of this took six hours.

Starbuck: I do not understand the time discrepancy either, okay? All I know is I was there. I took the pictures. I didn't imagine it!









Revelations (Battlestar Galactica)

From Wikipedia

"Revelations" is the tenth episode in the fourth season of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica. It first aired on television in the United States on June 13, 2008.

At Anders and Tyrol's request (who were drawn back to Kara's viper), Kara "Starbuck" Thrace re-inspects the Viper fighter she was piloting in the third-season finale "Crossroads", and discovers a hidden signal being received by the fighter (the same signal that activated the five previously). She halts the execution of Tigh, and explains to the Galactica's crew that she presumes the signal originates from Earth. Though everyone agrees that it is unlikely, D'Anna and Lee form an alliance to find Earth.

In the final scene of the episode, the Fleet jubilantly arrives at Earth. Adama announces to the Fleet that their journey is finally over. A party of humans and Cylons travel down to the surface.










bsg410_1364
bsg410_1366
bsg410_1373
bsg410_1376
bsg410_1379
bsg410_1391
bsg410_1400
bsg410_1415
bsg410_1439









by me, Kerry Burgess, 01/14/2024 6:52 PM

Well, I *was* going to stop tonight at episode 7 of season 1, BUT NOPE they are forcing me to find out what happened at the end of episode 7

And now, episode 8, the final episode of season 1









https://hvom.blogspot.com/2023/11/today-is-11222023.html

by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me at 11:25 PM

Number 878: The Farthest Man From Home

I am Kerry Burgess. This is what I think.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Today is 11/22/2023

by me, Kerry Burgess, 11/22/2023 10:11 PM

Very early this morning, the very early morning hours of today, 11/22/2023, I awoke from a moderately vivid sleeping-dream

I've been thinking about it all day today

This is another instance I wrote about yesterday

What is most important is that much of my activity today has been in the pursuit of finding information relevant to the details I saw earlier in that sleeping-dream

This isn't some sort of wishful-thinking, lameoid attempt at creating importance from some "deja vu" thoughts that so many lameoids out there are trying to finding meaning in desperately because your life is so pointless and pathetic

The notion did not form suddenly in my mind a moment after watching the scene

I have a clear pattern established in tangible form and that was well before I knew I would tonight watch for the first time this episode. I didn't even know the name of the episode until I started watching it. The pattern of my research is well established from earlier today

And yet, the possible purpose eludes me still

It's right there in front of me

It's a promise to me

And I find myself unable to comprehend when it becomes reality

I just cannot make that leap in my mind

So that's probably why this sort of thing is happening.

A suspension of disbelief.

90% reality

Consequences and rules

[excerpt ends]









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation

Radiation

From Wikipedia

In physics, radiation is the emission or transmission of energy in the form of waves or particles through space or a material medium.










2017_Nk20_DSCN2583
2017_Nk20_DSCN2535
2017_Nk20_DSCN2534
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03251
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03250
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03249
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03241
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03238
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03237
2017_Nk20_DSCN2460
2017_Nk20_DSCN2445
2017_Nk20_DSCN2382
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03164
2017_Abbi_24-1200_DSC03161









From 8/25/2017 ( ) To 1/14/2024 ( TODAY , Sunday ) is 2333 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/23/1972 ( ) is 2333 days









excerpts, see also:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/special-message-the-congress-older-americans

The American Presidency Project

RICHARD NIXON

37th President of the United States: 1969 ? 1974

Special Message to the Congress on Older Americans.

March 23, 1972

We often hear these days about the "impatience of youth." But if we stop to think about the matter, it is the elderly who have the best reason to be impatient. As so many older Americans have candidly told me, "We simply do not have time to wait while the Government procrastinates. For us, the future is now." I believe this same sense of urgency should characterize the Government's response to the concerns of the elderly. I hope and trust that the Congress will join me in moving forward in that spirit.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 10:35 PM Pacific-time USA Sunday 01/14/2024