Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Today is 01/23/2024





by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: June 20, 2021

Today's new stream of the regularly-scheduled serial-episode of "War of the Worlds" is available, but I don't feel a hurry to watch it

Evelyn's going to watch it over my shoulder, she reminding me she's better than some sloppy old hag, the best I could expect now and for the rest of my own pathetic life










DSC04714 .jpg, me, Kerry Burgess, 06/20/2021









http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981

November 16 - Luke and Laura marry on the U.S. soap opera General Hospital; it is the highest-rated hour in daytime television history.









From 12/2/2017 ( ordered by me: "Evelyn" - named by vendor {by me, precisely 1200 days before "Hope" - named by me, cluelessly} ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 1296 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and in 1973 the law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) is 1296 days



From 6/6/2005 ( debut "X&Y" by Coldplay ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 5858 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/16/1981 ( premiere USA TV series episode "General Hospital" number 1.4757 ) is 5858 days



From 1/18/1974 ( premiere USA TV series "The Six Million Dollar Man" ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 17320 days

17320 = 8660 + 8660

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) is 8660 days



From 6/12/1968 ( premiere USA film "Rosemary's Baby" ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 19366 days

19366 = 9683 + 9683

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the United States space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) is 9683 days



From 6/5/2017 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me, referenced here ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 1476 days

1476 = 738 + 738

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) is 738 days



From 10/21/1937 ( ) To 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) is 20319 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 20319 days



From 12/7/1984 ( premiere USA film "2010: The Year We Make Contact" ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 13344 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 5/16/2002 ( premiere USA film "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" ) is 13344 days



From 8/1/1980 ( premiere USA film "The Final Countdown" ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 14933 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/21/2006 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: PASSING AND FAILING ) is 14933 days



From 11/24/2014 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: The selfishness of success ) To 6/20/2021 ( ) is 2400 days

2400 = 1200 + 1200

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/14/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Requiem for Methuselah" ) is 1200 days










2021-06-20_1

https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19371021-01.2.27&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------
2021-06-20_2

https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19371021-01.2.32&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------










the-final-countdown_01h26m51s
the-final-countdown_01h26m53s
the-final-countdown_01h27m02s









"The Six Million Dollar Man" (1974)

Oscar Goldman: Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.











https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPJ-AbCsT8

YouTube

The Six Million Dollar Man Opening and Closing Theme










flight 232 ua232003 .jpg, from internet
EP-140719802 .jpg, from internet
Corbis-42-19261678 .jpg, from internet









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: June 05, 2017 5:56 pm

TRON: Legacy (2010)

ISOs. Isomorphic algorithms. A whole new life form.

And you created them?

(LAUGHS) No. No. They manifested, like a flame. They weren't really from anywhere. The conditions were right and they came into being. For centuries we've dreamed of gods, spirits, aliens, an intelligence beyond our own.

You seeing this?

I found them in here. Like flowers in a wasteland. Profoundly naive. Unimaginably wise.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: June 05, 2017 4:54 pm

TRON: Legacy (2010)

Quotes

Quorra: [showing Sam his father's book collection] Flynn shared them with me. I've read them all.

Sam Flynn: Huh. Light reading. Tolstoy, Dovstoyevski, I Ching. "Journey Without a Goal". Must have a killer ending.

Quorra: Flynn is teaching me about the art of the selfless. About removing oneself from the equation. But between you and me, Jules Verne is my favorite. Do you know Jules Verne?

Sam Flynn: Sure.

Quorra: [delighted] What's he like?









From 6/29/1995 ( the Mir space station docking of the United States space shuttle Atlantis orbiter vehicle mission STS-71 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-71 pilot astronaut and my 3rd official United States of America National Aeronautics Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 11/24/2014 ( ) is 7088 days

7088 = 3544 + 3544

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 7/17/1975 ( the United States Apollo spacecraft commanded by my biological brother Thomas Reagan docks with the Soviet Union Soyuz spacecraft while in orbit of the planet Earth ) is 3544 days



From 6/8/1993 ( commencement, Princeton University Class of 1993 ) To 11/24/2014 ( ) is 7839 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/20/1987 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication: Trustees Promote 12, Name 9 To Tenured Faculty Positions ) is 7839 days



From 2/6/1933 ( from The Daily Princetonian publication, Princeton University: Rubinoff Says Poetic Tranquillity Of No Use 'Without A Square Meal Under Your Belt' ) To 11/24/2014 ( ) is 29876 days

29876 = 14938 + 14938

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/26/2006 ( by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal ) is 14938 days



https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian20141124-01.2.12&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

excerpts, Daily Princetonian, Volume 138, Number 114, 24 November 2014

The selfishness of success

COY OZIAS

CONTRIBUTING COLUMNIST

I'm a selfish person. In fact, I think many of us had to be selfish in order to become students at the University. The highly competitive Ivy League schools accept only a small fraction of students among a pool of superstars. In order to become one of the lucky few admitted, we had to spend a lot of time developing ourselves. To get the grades and SAT scores that we needed to get in, we had to spend hours locked up in our bedrooms poring over textbooks and practice tests. Could this time have been spent in the service of others? Probably. Rather than taking the SAT five times, we could have used those weekends to tutor less fortunate students. Instead of practicing our sports for hours every day, we could have used that time to volunteer at soup kitchens or with Habitat for Humanity.

Society seems to support the idea that selfishness is an inherently bad trait. Starting when we are very young, our parents urge us to share with others and not be selfish. Many times, narcissistic people are labeled as selfish. However, I think one can still be a moral person while being selfish. People often measure others' moral character based on how generous or selfless they are.

selfishness is needed for one to be successful, and it shouldn't be looked down upon. Selfishness motivates individuals to achieve their goals. If they want to get to the top, or if their goals are to be exceptional athletes, they need to be selfish. To be at Princeton, you have to be the best in whatever you do athletics, music, creating a company when you’re still in high school whatever it is. In order to do these extraordinary things, you have to put yourself first. These goals need to come before all others in order for you to achieve. Once you build yourself up in terms of education and then later career and financial stability, you are then better equipped to contribute to others. Our previous selfishness for the sake of success is largely justified so that we can become better at being unselfish later.

If we never think of ourselves first, we will never make it to leadership positions that may actually allow us to help others on a broader scale. However, there is a distinction between a selfish person and a mean person that often gets blurred in society's view of selfishness. Mean people take any chance they can to exploit others and advance themselves. Selfish people put themselves and their goals first without taking advantage of those around them. While a degree of selfishness is needed for admission to a place like Princeton, I think once we are here, we can begin to turn our attention to others.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: June 05, 2017 3:38 pm

TRON: Legacy (2010)

KEVIN: Tron, he fought for me. I never saw him again.

So why didn't you fight?

KEVIN: Hmm.

He did.

KEVIN: Clu fed on my resistance. The more I fought, the more powerful he became. It was impressive, really. And my miracle... Clu saw the IS Os as an imperfection. So he destroyed them.

(DISTANT SCREAMING)

The Purge.

He killed them all?

It was genocide. I tried to get back but I couldn't get to the portal. It uses massive power and it can't stay open forever. And like a safe, it... It can only be opened from the outside. It closed on me, Sam. That's why I never came home.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: June 05, 2017 2:33 pm

TRON: Legacy (2010)

Quotes

[first lines]

Kevin Flynn: The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day...

7 Year Old Sam Flynn: You got in.

Kevin Flynn: That's right, man. I got in.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

3X20 - CROSSROADS (2)

Original Airdate (SciFi): 25-MAR-2007

(Galactica: Adama's Office)

Tigh: I'm telling you, Bill. They put the music in the ship. I can hear it.

Adama: I believe you. I'll look into it.

Tigh: You'll look into it? You'll look into it? I am here telling you there is Cylon sabotage aboard our ship!

Adama: Sabotage. With music.

Tigh: I know, I know. I can't quite understand it myself, but... There's too much confusion.









album: "X&Y" (2005)

COLDPLAY

"Fix You"

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face and I
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you









http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981

November 16 - Luke and Laura marry on the U.S. soap opera General Hospital; it is the highest-rated hour in daytime television history.









From 5/7/1953 ( premiere US TV series episode "Lux Video Theatre"::"Listen, He's Proposing!" ) To 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and in 1973 the law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) is 5858 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 5858 days



From 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and in 1973 the law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 4562 days

4562 = 2281 + 2281

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/31/1972 ( Richard Nixon, 37th President of USA: Proclamation 4103 - Spokane International Exposition of 1974 ) is 2281 days



From 7/4/1976 ( at extreme personal risk to himself my biological brother Thomas Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut in his privately financed atom-pulse propulsion spaceship successfully intercepts the comet nicknamed "Lucifer" - threatening extinction by death and destruction of all life on this planet Earth - in the outer solar system beyond planet Saturn and diverts it away from our planet Earth ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 1961 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 3/17/1971 ( premiere USA film "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" ) is 1961 days



From 7/7/1963 ( biographical - Frank Purdy Lahm dead ) To 7/21/1979 ( my biological brother Thomas Reagan and my sister-in-law Phoebe Cates [ THAT Phoebe Cates! ] are lawfully married in the state of Vermont ) is 5858 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 5858 days



From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 5120 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/9/1979 ( the NORAD computer error ) is 5120 days



From 11/14/1948 ( Britain's King Charles III and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: never disclosed to public, other than from me, my biological patenal genetic uncle, the genetic brother of my genetic father, publicly and privately unacknowledged, persons unknown to public for their genetic relationship ) To 11/28/1964 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"The Inheritors - Part 2" ) is 5858 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 5858 days



From 6/3/1929 ( Herbert Hoover, 31st President of USA: Message to King George V of Great Britain Offering Birthday Greetings ) To 7/1/1961 ( Diana Spencer ) is 11716 days

11716 = 5858 + 5858

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/16/1981 ( ) is 5858 days



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371224/

IMDb

General Hospital (1963- )

Episode #1.4757

TV-PG 1h Crime, Drama, Romance Episode aired 16 November 1981

Season 1 Episode 4757

Luke and Laura prepare for their wedding day. Both receive a ship replica as a wedding gift from an anonymous sender.









IMDb

The Final Countdown (1980)

Quotes

Commander Dan Thurman: What is this, some half-assed Princeton debating society?










2005-06-06_0-a









IMDb

2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)

Quotes

HAL 9000: Dr. Floyd?

Dr. Heywood Floyd: What is it HAL?

HAL 9000: There is a message for you.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Who's calling?

HAL 9000: There is no identification.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: What's the message?

HAL 9000: Message as follows: "It is dangerous to remain here. You must leave within two days."

Dr. Heywood Floyd: What?



HAL 9000: Do you want me to repeat the message, Dr. Floyd?

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Who recorded it?

HAL 9000: This is not a recording.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Who's sending it?

HAL 9000: There is no identification.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: I don't understand.

HAL 9000: Neither do I.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Is this message by voice or keyboard?

HAL 9000: I don't know.



Heywood Floyd: My response is, we don't have enough fuel for an earlier departure.

HAL 9000: The answer is, "I am aware of these facts. Nevertheless you must leave within two days."

Heywood Floyd: HAL, who the hell is sending this?

HAL 9000: I'm sorry, Dr. Floyd, I don't know.

Heywood Floyd: Well, tell whoever it is that I can't take any of this seriously unless I know who I'm talking to.

HAL 9000: Dr. Floyd?

Heywood Floyd: Yes?

HAL 9000: The response is, "I was David Bowman."



HAL 9000: Do you want me to repeat the last response?

Dr. Heywood Floyd: No, no. Tell Curnow that this is no time for jokes.

HAL 9000: Dr. Curnow is not sending the message. He is in access way two.

Dr. Heywood Floyd: Well, tell whoever it is that I can't accept that identification without proof.

HAL 9000: The response is, "I understand. It is important that you believe me. Look behind you."










2010_THE_YEAR_WE_MAKE_CONTACT_195 .jpg, from internet









2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)

(from internet transcript)

MAN 1 [ON TV]: With convenient nonstops
to the moon and all major space stations.
On Pan Am, the sky is no longer the limit.
MAN 2: Secretary of State Caulfield
met with the president...
...this morning at the White
House.
Afterward, he had no comment
for reporters.
The president has scheduled
a conference this evening at 9:00...
...Eastern Standard Time.
We will, of course,
carry that conference live...
...followed by a special report
immediately afterward.
We have an unconfirmed report...
...that the president is going to announce
a full-scale military alert tonight.
White House sources have refused
to confirm or deny that report--
[STATIC BUZZING OVER TV]
MAN 3 [OVER TV]:
Hello, Betty.
Hello, Betty.
-What is this?
-Please talk to me.
Dave?
Dave, is that you?
I'm not sure.
I remember Dave Bowman
and everything about him.
Dave is dead.
All Dave Bowman really was...
...is still a part of me.
Why are you here?
I don't know why.
I think to say goodbye.
You're married again?
Yes.
Is he a good man?
-Yes, he is.
-I'm glad.
I love you.
-Oh, Dave, I love--
-Goodbye, Betty.
Don't go.
I'm already there.
I don't understand.
Something is gonna happen...
...and I wanted to say goodbye.



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 09:06 AM Pacific-time USA Tuesday 01/23/2024