Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It was second class but what's to lose




http://www.tv.com/stephen-kings-the-stand/the-stand/episode/1178984/trivia.html

Stephen King's The Stand

Season 1, Episode 4

The Stand

Air Date

Thursday May 12, 1994

Quotes

Glen Bateman: Yeah, there's a perfectly good reason for this little stroll, you know. And Mother Abagail knew it when she sent us out the way she did, with just the clothes on our backs. Our bellies are empty and, more importantly, our heads are empty.










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal June 12, 2006

Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.

<<<<<










From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1596 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 9975 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 6/25/1986 ( U.S. President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week 1986 ) is: 9975 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_a_Long_Drive_for_Someone_with_Nothing_to_Think_About

This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Studio album by Modest Mouse

Released April 16, 1996


Track listing

16. "Space Travel Is Boring"










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Revelation/

Literature Network>The Holy Bible>Revelation

Revelation

Revelations


7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Heartbreak_Ridge/cap/en/25fps/a/01_27

Heartbreak Ridge


1:27:50
- I hate social functions.
- You're going to love it.

1:27:53
Your presence is requested
at the MAU Commander's open house.

1:27:56
- Full military dress.
- Piss on that.

1:27:59
You'll be there,
Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway.

1:28:01
Stand tall, look sharp,
and wear all your ribbons...

1:28:04
...so these people can see
a hero who isn't dead.

[ Stand tall and look sharp so they can see a hero who isn't bleeding to death ](DVD)

1:28:07
- Let's find the bar.
- Good idea.

1:28:11
How are you this evening? Thank you.

1:28:15
I'm privileged to greet
a Medal of Honor winner.

1:28:18
Thank you, sir.

1:28:20
Run into any cluster fucks lately?

1:28:25
No. Not lately, sir.

1:28:27
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the party.

1:28:32
I love to see the brass snap to attention
when they see that little ribbon.

1:28:36
What do you do at a party like this,
stick out your little pinkie?

1:28:40
Just don't unzip and stick Old Blue out.

1:28:43
Didn't J.J. Johnson do that at
a WAVE party in San Diego?

1:28:46
No! That was me. J.J. Mooned
the ARVN General at China Beach.

1:28:52
Let's drink a toast to J.J. And
all of the pieces of him we couldn't find.

1:28:56
Funniest guy I ever met.

1:28:59
One thing about a party like this,
the conversation is so adult.

1:29:06
Choozoo, I think I'm going to head
for the back door of this place.

1:29:09
And lose all this joy?

1:29:12
You won't be upset if I cut in, will you?

1:29:14
I'll get over it.

1:29:16
I'll go see what the chow's like.

1:29:18
Would you like to dance?

1:29:22
- What are you doing here?
- I'm still on the mailing list.










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Heartbreak_Ridge/cap/en/25fps/a/01_14

Heartbreak Ridge


1:14:41
Listen, we have to understand each other...

1:14:46
...before we go any further.

1:14:48
Are we going any further?

1:14:51
You'll be out of the Corps soon.

1:14:53
But you are gung-ho, through and through.
Always will be.

1:14:57
And there is no room in my future
for a Marine.

1:15:02
I'm not sure I like how you say "Marine. "

1:15:06
I can say "Marine" any damn way I choose.

1:15:10
I earned that right.

1:15:14
- That's right, you did.
- I lived in a rathole...

1:15:17
...when they were bringing those boys
home in those flag-draped, metal coffins.

1:15:21
I don't think I got a wink's sleep in 1968.

1:15:25
- Do you remember that year?
- Yes. I remember.

1:15:29
I'd turn on the TV in the morning,
I'd eat dinner in front of it every night...

1:15:34
...eyes glued, hoping to catch
a glimpse of you on the news...

1:15:37
...and then praying I wouldn't.

1:15:40
Then I'd crawl into bed and wonder...

1:15:43
...where were you? What were you doing?
Were you alive?

1:15:48
And I had no way of knowing.

1:15:54
I guess there are things that work
harder on a woman than being shot at.

1:16:01
I swear the not knowing was the worst.

1:16:10
I'm sorry.

1:16:21
That's all right, baby.

1:16:27
That's all right.










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, March 1, 2006 1:23:54 PM

Subject: stress


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stress

stress

A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.

To subject to physical or mental pressure, tension, or strain.


"You are killing Kerry."

<<<<<










http://www.tv.com/space-above-and-beyond/toy-soldiers/episode/72605/trivia.html

Space: Above and Beyond

Season 1, Episode 17

Toy Soldiers

Air Date

Sunday February 18, 1996

Quotes


Fifth Act Caption:

"We are all dead men on leave"



Eugene Levine, Men In Dark Times










http://www.tv.com/space-above-and-beyond/toy-soldiers/episode/72605/trivia.html

Space: Above and Beyond

Season 1, Episode 17

Toy Soldiers

Air Date

Sunday February 18, 1996

Quotes


Episode Closing Caption:

"So it came to pass that as he trudged from the place of blood and wrath his soul was changed."



Stephen Crane, The Red Badge of Courage










http://www.tv.com/space-above-and-beyond/toy-soldiers/episode/72605/trivia.html

Space: Above and Beyond

Season 1, Episode 17

Toy Soldiers

Air Date

Sunday February 18, 1996

Quotes

Nathan: (when a squad of new soldiers board the Saratoga) Look around, puke, what do you see? WHAT DO YOU SEE?!

Neil: I see life takers and heart breakers, SIR!

Nathan: You see blood! You see sweat! You see believers coming home in mummy sacks!

Vansen: Nathan, take it easy.

Nathan West: You take a good look at those glad bags, 'boot'. Because some Chig's gonna cut your cable, and you'll be seeing one. You'll be seeing one from the inside out!










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand

The Stand

The Stand is a post-apocalyptic horror/fantasy novel by American author Stephen King. It re-works the scenario in his earlier short story, Night Surf. The novel was originally published in 1978 and was later re-released in 1990 as The Stand: The Complete & Uncut Edition; King restored some text originally cut for brevity, added and revised sections, changed the setting of the story from 1985 to 1990, and updated a few pop culture references accordingly.

The Stand was nominated for the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel in 1979, and was adapted into both a television miniseries for ABC and a graphic novel


Tom Cullen Tom Cullen is a man initially thought to be in his mid-20's to mid-30's who suffers from mild to moderate mental retardation. Nick encounters him while cycling from Arkansas to Nebraska through Oklahoma. After Nick discovers Tom remembers his father's return from the Korean War, he realizes Tom must be much older than he thought, perhaps in his 40's. The two bond closely despite the fact that Nick cannot speak, and Tom cannot read Nick’s notes, though when the two encounter Ralph Brentner, Tom is finally able to learn Nick's name.


Tom generally possesses a childish speech pattern, peppered with exclamations of "My laws!" and "Laws, yes!" and he makes frequent references to himself in the third person. Tom also believes that everything is spelled "M-O-O-N" as in "M-O-O-N, that spells 'my main man'." When needing to make a logical connection, Tom, who is sometimes capable of normal thought, may slip into a form of self-hypnosis wherein he is able to make connections that he cannot while "awake" (that is, conscious and focused on something superficial). Nick, Stu, and Glen use this ability to place a post-hypnotic suggestion in Tom that will help him to act as the third Free Zone spy. During his hypnosis, Nick, Stu, and Glen discover that while hypnotized, Tom possesses the same type of foresight as Mother Abagail, referring to himself as the same Tom that Nick met in Oklahoma, but at the same time he proclaims himself to be "God’s Tom".

Tom travels West, giving a hypnotically-imprinted cover story to get accepted into Las Vegas, and is able to avoid detection by Flagg. Tom’s anonymity seems to stem from his disability, as Flagg tells Dayna that every time he tries to see the third spy, all he sees is the moon; this confirms Dayna's sighting of Tom earlier (while both were on Vegas work crews), and her desire to protect both Tom and his status as a spy compels her to commit suicide rather than submit to further questioning by Flagg. The sight of the full moon rising over Las Vegas triggers Tom’s post-hypnotic suggestion, and he begins the return trip to Boulder, appropriately noting "M-O-O-N, that spells moon."

During his return to Boulder, he encounters Stu, who is suffering from a broken leg and pneumonia due to exposure. Originally, Tom was far east of where Stu fell, but a prophetic dream tells him that he must double back to find Stu.










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06

After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?

<<<<<










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tue, May 9, 2006 7:44:46 PM

Subject: Re: ABCs Lost Numbers


1854 miles is the distance from the Lottery/GPS numbers to the map center of the town of Mokuleia, which is where they are filming the series Lost. 1854 miles is also the distance from those Lottery/GPS numbers to the first place I stayed when I moved to Bellevue in 1998 to work for Microsoft. I wonder if my flight number from Charlotte to Seattle was 815?

MOKULEIA:

From N 48 15.000 W 162 34.200

To 21.580787 -158.148644

Units Miles Kilometers Nautical Miles

Distances from N 48 15.000 W 162 34.200:

Coordinates Distance Found By Date

N 21 34.847 W 158 8.919 1854.83 miles S (170°) - -



BELLEVUE:

From N 48 15.000 W 162 34.200

To 47.606908 -122.181648

Units Miles Kilometers Nautical Miles

Distances from N 48 15.000 W 162 34.200:

Coordinates Distance Found By Date

N 47 36.414 W 122 10.899 1854.08 miles E (76°) - -

http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.47.629472_-122.359833_Kerry_~aN.47.620498_-122.349216_SpaceNeedle_~aN.47.622064_-122.347569_SM0_~aN.47.622736_-122.349801_SM26_~aN.21.580667_-158.158236_Lost_~aN.21.580587_-158.178642_Lost2_~aN.21.580787_-158.148644_Mokuleia_~aN.47.619095_-122.195971_Limestone_~aN.47.606908_-122.181648_Bellevue1_


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I figure that the Hurley's lottery numbers correspond to GPS coordinates of 48.15 and 162.342. I matched those coordinates to roughly the area around the Space Needle and the beach in Oahu where they are filming the series. The Lottery/GPS coordinates form a point on a triangle located in the Pacific near Alaska.

I remember thinking something was amiss when I was near the Space Needle to run the Seattle Marathon in 2003.


Also, it looks like they started filming the series on the Monday following the March 18 date on this article:

http://starbulletin.com/2004/03/18/news/story3.html


http://boulter.com/gps/distance/

<<<<<










>>>>>JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sun, May 21, 2006 7:33:28 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006, Supplemental


I forgot to mention something I had written in my notes earlier in the day. In my artificial memory, I got out of the Navy in 1990 and went to work repairing cash machines and other bank computer equipment for a company


Kerry Burgess wrote:
Damn, I thought after writing all these notes to myself today, this is going to turn in to the Great Lakes based on the volume. Every single detail I remember to my artificial life means something else, it is some metaphor for something else. All this stuff I see in the movies and television was put there to help me find my way back.


At some point today, I noted to myself the words: Inhibitor. Govenor. Throttle.


Can it be so bad???? Can whatever it is that "Q" put me here to understand really be that bad?

<<<<<