Friday, November 27, 2009

Notorius




http://www.cswap.com/1986/Top_Gun/cap/en/25fps/a/00_20

Top Gun


:20:06
Tom, this is Pete Mitchell.
Tom Kazansky.

:20:10
Congratulations on Top Gun. Sorry to
hear about Cougar. He was a good man.

:20:16
- Still is a good man.
- Yeah, that's what I meant.

:20:21
You need any help?
You figured it out yet?

:20:28
- What's that?
- Who's the best pilot.

:20:33
- I can figure that one out on my own.
- I heard that about you.

:20:38
You like to work alone.

:20:42
You're lucky. First the MiG
and then you slide into Cougar's spot.

:20:47
We didn't slide into Cougar's spot.

:20:49
Some pilots wait a whole career to see
a MiG up close. Lucky and famous?

:20:55
- You mean notorious. See you later.
- You can count on it.










From 7/2/1976 ( I intercepted Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system and set to work at diverting it ) to 11/18/1986 ( Duran Duran "Notorious" ) is: 3791 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) is: 3791 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notorious_(album)

Notorious (album)

Studio album by Duran Duran

Released 18 November 1986


Notorious is the fourth album by Duran Duran.


The making of Notorious during 1986 was a difficult time for Duran Duran. The band had planned for a much-needed break after the success of their 1984 world tour, but all of the band members had ended up working on one of two side projects -- the hard-rock collective Power Station in early 1985, and the atmospheric Arcadia project in late '85/early '86. When it came time to record the new Duran Duran album, they found that drummer Roger Taylor was too exhausted to continue in the music business, while guitarist Andy Taylor had developed a taste for the spotlight, as well as for a harder, more guitar-heavy sound than the rest of Duran Duran was prepared to pursue.

During this period, the band also began to act as their own management, having dismissed brothers Paul and Michael Berrow who had shepherded them through their first five years. Arrangements for the forthcoming "Strange Behaviour" tour which kicked off in March 1987, as well as the tensions with Taylor, are recounted in the documentary Three To Get Ready.

The band gradually coaxed Andy Taylor back from Los Angeles to the UK in order to begin playing on the album, but personal and creative disputes continued and much of the communication was carried on by lawyers, until Taylor finally withdrew from the band. It is rumoured that Andy went so far as to try and stop the band from continuing with using the Duran Duran name; since that time the band ensured that the name is wholly owned by co-founding member Nick Rhodes.

During this time, Andy began jamming with members of Los Angeles pop band Missing Persons who were in the midst of breaking up. Missing Persons guitarist Warren Cuccurullo, noting that Taylor didn't intend to return to Duran Duran, offered his services to them instead. They hired him as a sessions and tour guitarist; he would later become a full member of the band in 1989.


Track listing

"Notorious"
"American Science"
"Skin Trade"
"A Matter of Feeling"
"Hold Me"
"Vertigo (Do the Demolition)"
"So Misled"
""Meet El Presidente""
"Winter Marches On"
"Proposition"

Singles
"Notorious" (Oct 1986)
"Skin Trade" (Feb 1987)
""Meet El Presidente"" (Apr 1987)










http://www.cswap.com/1986/Top_Gun/cap/en/25fps/a/01_04

Top Gun


1:04:55

[ Well, it's bottom of the 9th, ](DVD)

The score is tied. Time for the big one.

1:04:59
- Are you up for this one, Maverick?.
- Just a walk in the park.










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/d/duranduranlyrics/notoriouslyrics.html

Duran Duran Lyrics

Notorious Lyrics


I can't read about it
Burns the skin from your eyes
I'll do fine without it
Here's one you don't compromise
Lies come hard to disguise
Let me to fight it out--
Not wild about it
Lay your seedy judgements
Who says they're part of our lives?

You own the money
You control the witness
I hear you're lonely
Don't monkey with my business
You pay the profits to justify the reasons
I heard your promise
But I don't believe it
That's why I'll do it again

No no notorious

Girls will keep the secrets
So long as boys make the noise
Fools run rings to break up
Something they'll never destroy
Grand notorious slam--
BAM!
And who really gives a damn
For a flaky bandit?
Don't ask me to bleed about it
I need this blood to survive

(Chorus)

No no notorious










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/rio.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"Rio"


Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise
Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice
With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west
You know you're something special and you look like you're the best
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande
I've seen you on the beach and I've seen you on TV
Two of a billion stars it means so much to me
Like a birthday or a pretty view
But then I'm sure that you know it's just for you
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande
Hey now woo look at that did she nearly run you down
At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive
You make me feel alive, alive alive
I'll take my chance cause luck is on my side or something
I know what you're thinking I tell you something I know what you're thinking
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twists across a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grand
Her name is Rio she don't need to understand
And I might find her if I'm looking like I can
Oh Rio, Rio hear them shout across the land
From mountains in the north down to the Rio Grande