Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tipping Point




http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993910/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Battlestar Galactica"

He That Believeth in Me (2008)


Lt. Anastasia Dualla: [on the PA] All hands, prepare for jump in four, three, two, jump.

Captain Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace: Damn it! They're still going in the wrong direction.

Captain Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace: One more jump and I'm gonna lose my way altogether.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/thechauffeur.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"The Chauffeur"

Out on the tar plains, the glides are moving
All looking for a new place to drive
You sit beside me, so newly charming
Sweating dew drops glisten, freshing your side

[CHORUS]
The sun slips down bedding heavy behind
The front of your dress all shadowy lined
And the droning engine throbs in time
With your beating heart
Sing Blue Silver

Way down the lane away, living for another day
The aphids swarm up in the drifting haze
Swim seagull in the sky
Towards that hollow western isle
My envied lady holds you fast in her gaze

[CHORUS]

And watching lovers part, I feel you smiling
What glass splinters lie so deep in your mind
To tear out from your eyes
With a word to stiffen brooding lies
But I'll only watch you leave me further behind










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1394938/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"SGU Stargate Universe"

Time (2009)


Dr. Nicholas Rush: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_23

Flight of the Intruder


:23:23
We should make Luzon
in about 15 minutes.

:23:27
You're getting pretty good
at this, aren't you?

:23:29
I watch my BN a lot.

:23:31
I sort of picked it up.

:23:32
If I'm wrong, I don't know...

:23:33
China.

:23:34
What do you think?

:23:36
Huh?

:23:38
Swell.

:23:39
That's good food man, good food.

:23:44
You're my favorite pilot, Jake.

:23:45
Did you know that?

:23:47
I thought you were
your favorite pilot.










2007 film "28 Weeks Later" DVD movie:

00:00:50


Don: What are you going to cook?

Alice: Your favorite.

Don: What, again?

Alice: Well, this is the last one.

Don: What, you mean my tomatoes? Can never have enough tins of tomatoes, eh?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 15, 2006


I wonder now why Laura Mason was going on back in 1999 about cloning when we were talking at her desk. I told her I wasn't that impressed. I can't remember exactly what I said about it, but I tried to compare it with replacing the soup in a can marked as tomato soup with another type of soup, leaving the tomato soup label on the can. I am certain it requires a great deal of technical expertise to get it right, but as a concept, I wasn't very impressed. I timestamped that conversation by later sending her a link to an article on stem cells. I suggested that, in light of the progress in that area, she should save her stock options. Her reaction was to seem mildly offended that I was saying she was old. I told her that I was actually suggesting we are going to live longer because of stem cell research and that she should save money to prepare for a longer life.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










2007 film "I Am Legend" DVD movie:

00:00:50


Karen: [ television ] The world of medicine has seen its share of miracle cures from the polio vaccine to heart transplants but all past achievements may pale in comparison to the work of Dr. Alice Krippin. Thank you for joining us this morning.

Dr. Alice Krippin: [ television ] Not at all.

Karen: So, Dr. Krippin, give it to me in a nutshell.

Dr. Alice Krippin: Well, the premise is quite simple. Take something designed by nature and reprogram it to make it work for the body rather than against it.

Karen: We're talking about a virus.

Dr. Alice Krippin: Yes. In this case, the measles virus which has been engineered at a genetic level to be helpful rather than harmful. Um, I'm not - I find the best way to describe it is if you can imagine your body as a highway and you picture the virus as a very fast car being driven by a very bad man imagine the damage that that car could cause. But then if you replace that man with a cop the picture changes. And that's essentially what we've done.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/24/07 9:16 AM
Great. I just noticed I've got another one of those blood spots in my eye. This time it is the left eye. Must be a burst blood vessel, probably from high blood pressure from having to live in this cage and not getting any exercise. Or I was poisoned again.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: August 6, 2006


My eye still looks like it has been bleeding. I must have caught something in here or over at Starbucks. I actually felt sort of hungover yesterday evening after feeling jittery much of the day.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

28 Weeks Later (2007)

Country Date

UK 26 April 2007 (London) (premiere)
USA 11 May 2007










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.cswap.com/2002/The_Sum_of_All_Fears/cap/en/25fps/a/01_19

The Sum of All Fears


1:19:18
TAO, EW. I'm picking up
intermittent radar bearing 020.

1:19:24
Where?

1:19:29
Now it's gone.

1:19:38
- There! It's a weak signal.
- Low on the horizon.

1:19:40
TAO, AIR SUP.
Inbound contact!

1:19:47
Multiples on the same bearing!

1:19:51
- Vampire! Vampire!
- Fast movers inbound!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/13/07 11:55 PM
So I guess I'll either get to home tomorrow, or I'll get bombed. Or both. This is usually one of those times someone starts shooting missiles at me.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/13/07 11:57 PM
Or it will be something new.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/thereflex.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"The Reflex"

"You've gone too far this time"
But I'm dancing on the valentine
I tell you somebody's fooling around
With my chances on the dangerline
I'll cross that bridge when I find it
Another day to make my stand
High time is no time for deciding
If I should find a helping hand

[CHORUS]
So why don't you use it?
Try not to bruise it
Buy time don't lose it
The reflex is an only child he's waiting in the park
The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark
And watching over lucky clover isn't that bizarre
Every little thing the reflex does
Leaves you answered with a question mark

I'm on a ride and I want to get off
But they won't slow down the roundabout
I sold the Renoir and the TV set
Don't want to be around when this gets out










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 3:57 AM

How long have you called me "Buster"?

I find it rather endearing, actually, if it is something you have done for a long time.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/07/07 9:54 AM

It just makes no sense to me why we have to spend another lousy minute apart.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster

Buster

Buster may refer to:


Buster, a fighter pilot brevity code signaling an aircraft to use maximum continuous power










"Battlestar Galactica"

"No Exit"

USA 13 February 2009

Episode 15 Season 4 DVD video:

00:14:36


Doctor Cottle: All right, I said you could have five minutes; it's been over half an hour.