Monday, February 14, 2011

Frisbee




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, April 6, 2006 2:45:44 PM

Subject: Re: Imaginary friend

I was disappointed I got only an hour of my imaginary girlfriend this morning. The previous 3 days of 4 hours was spoiling me.

Damn I am one bored loser homeless guy.

I literally almost expect someone to stab me in the back with a knife when someone walks behind me on the street. I don't know why that has started bothering me. I feel like my thought processes are still pretty normal, but I do think about a lot of stuff, got nothing else to do. All this was going on back before I quit my job 26 months ago. It was pretty tough trying to sort out all this craziness and still try to get some work done. Goddamnit, that was 26 months ago, just for this part of this craziness, it was going on well before that. Damn my head hurts.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, April 6, 2006 2:45:44 PM

Subject: Re: Imaginary friend


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6867118/

Imaginary friend: Viewers keep asking: Why isn't Hurley losing weight? Tonight's answer? He's got a secret stash of Dharma-brand Castaway Chow. But when he started seeing pal Dave from the mental institution, flashbacks revealed that Dave was only in his mind. Destroyed because his weight broke an overcrowded deck, killing two people, Hurley sank into himself, eating to punish himself. Back on the island, imaginary Dave almost had Hurley convinced that the entire island was a figment of his imagination (a plotline "Lost" viewers have suggested). Yet as Hurley contemplated suicide, a kiss from Libby brought him back from the edge. But turns out she has some secrets, too.

[What a sarcastic coincidence. There are several familar elements here. Am I supposed to keep playing fetch with these? Or is this just a blatant ripoff of my privacy?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099088/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Back to the Future Part III (1990)


Marty McFly: Hey, Frisbee, far-out.

Seamus McFly: What was the meanin' of that?

Maggie McFly: It was right in front of him.










RED STORM RISING

Tom Clancy


PRINTING HISTORY

G.P. Putnam's Sons hardcover edition / August 1986

Berkley mass-market edition / August 1987


The Frisbees of Dreamland

Germany, Forward Edge of the Battle Area

The view would have been frightening to most men. There were solid clouds overhead at four thousand feet. He flew through showers that he more heard than saw on this black night, and the dark outlines of trees appeared to reach up and snatch at his speeding fighter. Only a madman would be so low on such a night - so much the better, he smiled in his oxygen mask.

Colonel Douglas Ellington's fingertips caressed the control stick of his F-19A Ghostrider attack fighter, which his other hand rested on the side-by-side throttle controls on the left-side cockpit wall. The head-up display projected on the windshield in front of him reported 625 knots Indicated Air Speed, a hundred six feet of altitude, a heading of 013, and around the numbers was a mono-color holographic image of the terrain before him. The image came from a forward-looking infrared camera in the fighter's nose, augmented by an invisible laser that interrogated the ground eight times per second. For peripheral vision, his oversized helmet was fitted with low-light goggles.

"Raisin' hell over our heads," his back-seater reported. Major Don Eisly monitored the radio and radar signals, as well as their own instruments: "All systems continue nominal, range to target now ninety miles."

"Right," the Duke responded. It had been an automatic nickname for Ellington, who even looked vaguely like the jazz musician.

Ellington relished the mission. They were skimming north at perilously low level over the angular terrain of East Germany, and their Frisbee, never more than two hundred feet off the ground, jerked up and down to the pilot's constant course adjustments.

Lockheed called her the Ghostrider. The pilots called her the Frisbee, the F-19A, the secretly developed Stealth attack fighter. She had no corners, no box shapes to allow radar signals to bounce cleanly off her. He high-bypass turbofans were designed to emit a blurry infrared signature at most. From above, her wings appeared to mimic the shape of a cathedral bell. From in front, they curved oddly toward the ground, earning her the affectionate nickname of Frisbee. Though she was a masterpiece of electronic technology inside, she usually didn't use her active systems. Radars and radios made electronic noise that an enemy might detect, and the whole idea of the Frisbee was that she didn't seem to exist at all.














1991 film "Flight of the Intruder" DVD video:


Title Card: The A-6 was the U.S. Navy's medium attack bomber during the Vietnam Conflict. It flew at tree-top level in any weather at night and alone. The aircraft had no defensive weapons. It was called - The Intruder.

Title dialog: Three Communist PT boats attacked an American destroyer off the coast of Vietnam yesterday, and today President Johnson's response was hard and tough. He has ordered the U.S. Navy to continue patrolling there, and if they are attacked, to destroy their attackers. [ Title dialog continues: ] President Johnson: I understand the feelings of those who regret that we must undertake air attacks. I share those feelings. [ Title dialog continues: ] Some nights, we're the only airplane going up - going up into the North and when you're thinking you're the only Americans over North Vietnam, it kind of makes you wonder just a little bit, you know. "What am I doing here?"










http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/details/CGN37.htm

NVR

Naval Vessel Register

SOUTH CAROLINA (CGN 37)
(ex-DLGN 37)
GUIDED MISSILE CRUISER (NUCLEAR-PROPULSION)

Class: CGN 36
Status: Stricken, to be disposed of by recycling

Award Date: 06/13/1968
Keel Date: 12/01/1970
Launch Date: 07/01/1972
Commission Date: 01/25/1975
Decommission Date: 07/30/1999
Stricken Date: 07/30/1999










[ Bryan Singer & Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi & Bryan Singer staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 4/6/2011 ( --- ) is 2127 days

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date UK ) To 12/29/1964 ( premiere US film "The T.A.M.I. Show" ) is 2127 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 4/6/2011 ( --- ) is 2127 days

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date UK ) To 12/29/1964 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Fugitive"::"Ballad for a Ghost" ) is 2127 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 4/6/2011 ( --- ) is 2127 days

2127 = 1063 + 1064

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date UK ) To 1/30/1962 ( premiere US TV series episode "Checkmate"::"The Yacht-Club Gang" ) is 1063 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 1/30/1962 ( premiere US TV series episode "Checkmate"::"The Yacht-Club Gang" ) is 1064 days



From 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 762 days

762 = 381 + 381

From 7/16/1963 ( another threat sent to me against my wife ) To 7/31/1964 ( premiere US film "Ensign Pulver" ) is 381 days



From 4/7/2001 ( United States Title 18 Treason 2381 - the Mars Odyssey spacecraft launched from the planet Earth by the severely treasonous organization US NASA towards the planet Mars with the continuing full intent to hijack the tremendous commercial value of my private property ) To 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) is 762 days

From 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 762 days



From 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 762 days

762 = 381 + 381

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 11/18/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Green Hornet"::"The Preying Mantis" ) is 381 days



From 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 762 days

762 = 381 + 381

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 11/18/1966 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Saint"::"The Man Who Liked Lions" ) is 381 days



From 5/9/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future in the past this was my departure date to time travel away from the past to another time ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 762 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 12/4/1967 ( Bert Lahr - deceased ) is 762 days



From 3/3/2003 ( date hijacked from me:as a time traveler from the future I arrived this date near the town of George in Washington State and the Ancient Lake and then as arranged earlier I resided in a high rise condominium in Bellevue Washington until my 9 May 2003 departure as a time traveler ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 829 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 6/9/1961 ( Michael J. Fox ) is 829 days



From 5/24/1974 ( Duke Ellington - deceased ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 11339 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 11/18/1996 ( date hijacked from me:premiere US film "Star Trek: First Contact" ) is 11339 days



From 7/23/1973 ( date hijacked from me:I passed the United States of America Multistate Bar Examination ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 11644 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 1/18/1991 ( date hijacked from me:premiere US film "Flight of the Intruder" ) is 11644 days



From 7/17/1989 ( date hijacked from me:as United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan I was the primary test pilot for the first flight United States Air Force B-2 Spirit strategic stealth bomber and I was the primary test pilot for the United States Air Force B-2 Spirit strategic stealth bomber program ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 5806 days

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date UK ) To 1/25/1975 ( the United States Navy warship USS South Carolina CGN 37 commissioned into United States Navy battle force fleet service ) is 5806 days



From 7/17/1989 ( date hijacked from me:as United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan I was the primary test pilot for the first flight United States Air Force B-2 Spirit strategic stealth bomber and I was the primary test pilot for the United States Air Force B-2 Spirit strategic stealth bomber program ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 5806 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 9/25/1981 ( premiere US film "Southern Comfort" ) is 5806 days



From 5/22/1981 ( premiere US film "Outland" ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 8784 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 11/20/1989 ( date hijacked from me:premiere US film "Back to the Future Part II" ) is 8784 days



From 4/6/1965 ( premiere US film "In Harm's Way" & US NASA launches the Intelsat I "Early Bird" satellite into orbit of planet Earth - the commercial telecommunications satellite ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 14674 days

14674 = 7337 + 7337

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 12/4/1985 ( date hijacked from me:premiere United Kingdom film "Back to the Future" ) is 7337 days



From 6/27/1994 ( I am the pilot and the only survivor of a plane crash that experienced several fatalities on that aircraft after the external mounted rocket-launched space satellite exploded under that aircraft due to continuing Bill Gates-Microsoft-Nazi-Corbis-NASA terrorism sabotage ) To 12/18/1999 ( the Terra satellite launched into orbit of the planet Earth by US NASA - the Earth Observing System ) is 2000 days

From 12/18/1999 ( the Terra satellite launched into orbit of the planet Earth by US NASA - the Earth Observing System ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 2000 days



From 6/27/1994 ( Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal - killed in the line of duty - Lockheed Martin L-1011 aircraft passengers and crew murdered in a scheduled terrorist attack by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-Corbis-NASA-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal ) To 12/18/1999 ( the Terra satellite launched into orbit of the planet Earth by US NASA - the Earth Observing System ) is 2000 days

From 12/18/1999 ( the Terra satellite launched into orbit of the planet Earth by US NASA - the Earth Observing System ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 2000 days



From 7/9/1993 ( premiere US film "In the Line of Fire" ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 4353 days

4353 = 2176 + 2177

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date UK ) To 2/16/1965 ( the United States satellite Pegasus 1 launched into orbit of the planet Earth ) is 2176 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 2/16/1965 ( the United States satellite Pegasus 1 launched into orbit of the planet Earth ) is 2177 days



From 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina the Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Burgess is seriously wounded by gunfire when returning fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was sent again by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to murder Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Burgess ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 4524 days

4524 = 2262 + 2262

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 5/12/1965 ( date hijacked from me:I am active duty United States Navy aviator and United States Astronaut ) is 2262 days



From 2/17/1989 ( premiere US film "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 5956 days

5956 = 2978 + 2978

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 4/28/1967 ( the McDonnell Douglas Corporation is formed by the merger of the McDonnell and Douglas aircraft manufacturing companies ) is 2978 days



From 1/21/1976 ( date hijacked from me:as Tom Reagan the civilian and privately financed astronaut bound for deep space in my privately financed nuclear-pulse propulsion spaceship this day was my first landing the planet Mars and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of the planet Mars ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 10732 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 3/22/1995 ( premiere US TV series "Sliders" ) is 10732 days



From 5/21/1969 ( date hijacked from me:I am Princeton University doctor of medicine graduate as Dr Thomas Reagan MD ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 13168 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 3/22/1995 ( premiere US TV series "Sliders" ) is 13168 days



From 9/23/1969 ( premiere US TV series "Marcus Welby, M.D." ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 13043 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 11/17/1994 ( date hijacked from me:premiere US film "Star Trek Generations" ) is 13043 days



From 11/12/1981 ( date hijacked from me:I was the commander aboard the United States STS-2 Columbia spacecraft as United States Navy Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 8610 days

8610 = 4305 + 4305

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 12/15/1970 ( Michael Shanks ) is 4305 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 1/8/2006 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi stages the gunfire injury against Renton Washington employee Larry Strauss ) is 213 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 10/2/1959 ( premiere US TV series "The Twilight Zone"::series premiere episode "Where Is Everybody?" ) is 213 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 1/8/2006 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi stages the gunfire injury against Renton Washington employee Larry Strauss ) is 213 days

From 7/16/1963 ( another threat sent to me against my wife ) To 2/14/1964 ( Zach Galligan ) is 213 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 12/2/2006 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-King County Washington State-Corbis-Nazi murders by gunfire the King County Washington State worker Steve Cox ) is 541 days

541 = 270 + 271

From 3/4/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date UK ) To 11/29/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "Lassie"::"The Man from Mars" ) is 270 days

From 3/3/1959 ( date hijacked from me:my birth date US ) To 11/29/1959 ( premiere US TV series episode "Lassie"::"The Man from Mars" ) is 271 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 12/2/2006 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-King County Washington State-Corbis-Nazi murders by gunfire the King County Washington State worker Steve Cox ) is 541 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 4/27/1967 ( premiere US TV series episode "Bewitched"::"Nobody But a Frog Knows How to Live" ) is 541 days



From 8/14/1963 ( premiere US film "Flipper" ) To 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) is 15275 days

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 8/29/2007 ( Bill Gates-Microsoft-Nazi-Corbis causes the United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident with the objective of nuclear destruction in the United States and Bill Gates-Microsoft-Nazi-Corbis-George Bush continue to actively plan to produce nuclear destruction in the United States of America for the purpose of murdering as many United States of America citizens as possible and for the purpose of ongoing protection to organized crime and to protect other illegal commerce activity ) is 15275 days



From 6/9/2005 ( international organized crime event - premiere United Kingdom TV series "House M.D." ) To 5/22/2008 ( Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-Corbis-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in a scheduled terrorist attack attempts to destroy the nuclear propulsion United States Navy aircraft carrier warship USS George Washington CVN 73 ) is 1078 days

1078 = 539 + 539

From 11/2/1965 ( date hijacked from me:my official United States Marshals Service federal undercover identity birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA & Kerry Wayne Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal ) To 4/25/1967 ( Joseph Boxhall - deceased ) is 539 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0606035/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

"House M.D."

Pilot (2004)

Country Date

USA 16 November 2004
UK 9 June 2005










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0058631/releaseinfo

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Release dates for

The T.A.M.I. Show (1964)

Country Date

USA 29 December 1964





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058631/plotsummary

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Plot Summary for

The T.A.M.I. Show (1964)


Chuck Berry opens the show and performs "Johnny B Goode"










http://www.tv.com/the-fugitive-1963/ballad-for-a-ghost/episode/47120/recap.html

tv.com

The Fugitive (1963)

Season 2, Episode 15

Ballad for a Ghost

Air Date

December 29, 1964

Kimble finds himself working with Hallie, a woman who bears a strong resemblance to his late wife. Hallie knows of the resemblance, and Kimble's danger is increased when Hallie's husband becomes jealous.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Mars_Odyssey

2001 Mars Odyssey

2001 Mars Odyssey is a robotic spacecraft orbiting the planet Mars. Its mission is to use spectrometers and imagers to hunt for evidence of past or present water and volcanic activity on Mars. It is hoped that the data Odyssey obtains will help answer the question of whether life has ever existed on Mars. It also acts as a relay for communications between the Mars Explorations Rovers and Earth. The mission was named after the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, and refers to the differences between the movie and real life by the year 2001.

Odyssey was launched April 7, 2001 on a Delta II rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida, and reached Mars on October 24, 2001, 0230 Universal Time (October 23, 7:30 p.m. PDT/ 10:30 EDT). The spacecraft's main engine fired to brake the spacecraft's speed and allowed it to be captured into orbit around Mars. Odyssey used a technique called "aerobraking" that gradually brought the spacecraft closer to Mars with each orbit. By using the atmosphere of Mars to slow down the spacecraft in its orbit rather than firing its engine or thrusters, Odyssey was able to save more than 200 kilograms (440 pounds) of propellant. Aerobraking ended in January, and began its science mapping mission on February 19, 2002.




http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2001_3295251

Flawless Odyssey launch fuels hope / Three-year mission to Mars follows pair of NASA failures

MARK CARREAU Staff

SUN 04/08/2001

Houston Chronicle

After a flawless liftoff, NASA's Mars Odyssey spacecraft kicked off a $300 million, three-year mission to the Red Planet on Saturday to search for signs of underground ice and geyserlike springs.

Scientists hope the orbital spacecraft can point the way for future robotic surface probes and possibly human explorers as they search for evidence that Mars hosts or once hosted some form of life.

The three-stage Delta II rocket carrying the 1,600-pound spacecraft blasted off at 10:02 a.m. CDT from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0996070

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Lassie (TV series 1954–1974)

The Man from Mars (TV episode 1959 #6.13)

Release Date: 29 November 1959 (USA)



http://www.tv.com/lassie/the-man-from-mars/episode/159564/recap.html

tv.com

Lassie

Season 6, Episode 13

The Man from Mars

Air Date

November 29, 1959

When Timmy sees a meteorite come down, he's sure it was really a spaceship from another planet--and that a man from Mars is wandering around










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gremlins

gremlins

An imaginary gnomelike creature to whom mechanical problems, especially in aircraft, are attributed.










http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=cox03m&date=20061203&query=cox

Local News: Sunday, December 03, 2006

Slain deputy had become White Center's "Superman"

By Nick Perry

Seattle Times staff reporter

Giving up a successful career in law is an unusual route to becoming a beat cop.

But King County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Cox was an unusually idealistic man, say those who knew him. Frustrated with criminals beating the legal system, he left his job as a deputy prosecutor to patrol the streets in White Center, the high-crime neighborhood near where he grew up.

To business owners and residents, he became a "Superman" who was single-handedly making the streets safer and the neighborhood better. He became so deeply involved in community issues that he was elected president of the local council. To his family, he was a man who had found new joy since he and his wife, Maria, adopted a baby, Bronson, who turned 1 in October.

Now the neighborhood is mourning after Cox, 46, was shot and killed early Saturday.


Local bartender Cheryl Moss said Cox did more than anyone else to clean up drug dealing and prostitution: "He was our Superman. And now our Superman's dead."



http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20061202&slug=webshooting02

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Sheriff's deputy shot and killed

By Seattle Times staff

A 46-year-old King County sheriff's deputy and community activist died today after he was shot while investigating a shooting in White Center.

Deputy Steve Cox, a nine-year veteran of the sheriff's office, was shot in the head during an interview with a suspect and died at Harborview Medical Center around 6 a.m.

Cox was a longtime White Center resident, a former deputy prosecuting attorney, the president of a local community group and the married father of a baby boy.

The incident began around 1:30 a.m., when officers responded to a call reporting gunfire near the intersection of S.W. 106th and 12th Ave S.W. They found the driver of a pick-up beaten and suffering from a non-life threatening gunshot wound.

As part of their investigation, five deputies questioned more than a dozen people at a party at a nearby residence. Cox began interviewing people one by one in the bedroom. Other deputies heard shots from that direction, and headed toward the bedroom, only to be met with a fusillade of gunfire.

At least one of the deputies returned fire. In the bedroom, they found the suspect dead from their gunshots. Cox had been shot in the head by the suspect. He was taken to Harborview and later died.

For the past 3 1/2 years, Cox was assigned to the Sheriff's Office White Center Storefront, patrolling the neighborhood where he lived. He was a committed community activist, the president of the North Highline Unincorporated Area Council.

Before his career with the Sheriff's office, Cox served as a deputy prosecuting attorney in King, Franklin and Adams counties.

Sheriff [ THE KNOWN ACTIVE ACCOMPLICE OF DOMESTIC TERRORISTS VIOLENTLY AGAINST THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ]Sue Rahr described it as a "gut-wrenching" morning for the sheriff's office










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0481618/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Bert Lahr

Date of Birth

13 August 1895

Date of Death

4 December 1967


Best known as the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz (1939).










http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003691034_strauss03m.html

Originally published May 3, 2007 at 12:00 AM | Page modified May 3, 2007 at 9:14 AM

Twice-shot Renton officer slowly creates a new life

By Jennifer Sullivan

Seattle Times staff reporter

Larry Strauss misses many things about police work: the camaraderie, the adrenaline rush of 911 calls and catching bad guys.

But he's worried about being a target.

Few would argue with Strauss, who is believed to be the only police officer in Washington state history to have been shot in two different incidents.


Strauss figured that would be all the gunfire he'd ever see. He agreed when people called him lucky, and even joked about taking his good fortune to Las Vegas.

But on Jan. 8, 2006, Strauss stopped three jaywalkers who had crossed seven lanes of traffic. He asked the first for his name and then turned to another of the jaywalkers, Wilford Armstead, who instead bolted and jumped into a nearby van.


Armstead, who had 27 prior felonies, was wanted on a felony arrest warrant in an assault case.

Strauss later testified that he didn't remember much about what happened next. He saw Armstead reach into his coat as if he were about to pull out a weapon and then everything went black.

Armstead fired at Strauss' head four times, police say. One bullet barely missed his bulletproof vest and burrowed into his neck, leaving him with a broken collarbone, a punctured lung, a broken rib and a collapsed trachea.

In December, Armstead was sentenced to 50 years in prison.

Doctors told Strauss that he was only a few centimeters from being killed. Strauss felt like the "unluckiest lucky man" alive.

Once able to run 20 miles a week, Strauss was forced to use a wheelchair immediately after the shooting. Though he gradually was able to hobble, walk and eventually run short distances, Strauss said the shooting left him forgetful.

Although the muscular 50-year-old looks healthy, he said the post-traumatic stress caused by the shooting is forcing him to retire. Strauss has been receiving disability pay from the department and will receive a pension after he retires.


A few weeks ago, Strauss was awarded his second Medal of Valor from the city of Renton for his actions on Jan. 8, 2006. He remains the only person to receive the honor.

Friday, he will be one of six officers to receive the state's law-enforcement Medal of Honor.

Strauss and State Patrol Trooper Kelly Kalmbach, who survived being shot last summer, will receive the award from [ THE KNOWN ACTIVE ACCOMPLICE OF AL QAEDA ]Gov. Christine Gregoire in Olympia.










http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1062007/bio

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Biography for

Joseph Boxhall

Date of Birth

23 March 1884, Hull, Yorkshire, England, UK

Date of Death

25 April 1967

Birth Name

Joseph Groves Boxhall

Fourth Officer on the Titanic.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Boxhall

Joseph Boxhall

Commander Joseph Groves Boxhall RD RNR (23 March 1884 – 25 April 1967) was the Fourth Officer on the Titanic, and later served as a naval officer in World War I.


Like the ship's other junior officers, Boxhall reported to White Star's Liverpool offices at nine o'clock in the morning on 26 March 1912, and travelled to board the ship at Belfast the following day. After the Titanic departed Southampton on 10 April, Boxhall settled into his regular duties; these included scheduled watches, aiding in navigation, and assisting passengers and crew when necessary.

When Titanic collided with an iceberg at 11.40 PM on 14 April, Officer Boxhall was off duty near the Officers' Quarters. Hearing the lookout bell, he headed immediately to the bridge, arriving just after the impact. Capt. Smith, who had also just arrived on the bridge, ordered Boxhall to perform an inspection of the forward part of the ship. He found no damage, but was later intercepted by the ship's carpenter, who informed him that the ship was taking water. A mail clerk confirmed this to Boxhall and Captain Smith. Later, it was Boxhall who calculated the Titanic's position so that a distress signal could be sent out. It was also Boxhall who sighted the masthead lights of a nearby vessel (possibly the SS Californian) and attempted in vain to signal by Morse lamp and distress flares.

Officer Boxhall was put in charge of lifeboat No. 2


While in New York, he served as a witness in the American inquiry into the sinking. He and his fellow surviving officers were allowed to leave New York on the Adriatic on 2 May. After returning to England, Boxhall bore witness again, this time at the British inquiry. Much of his testimony concerned details of the lifeboat lowerings and Titanic's navigation, including the many ice warnings. He was also the first person to testify that he saw another vessel in close proximity while Titanic sank.


Joseph Boxhall, the last surviving deck officer of Titanic, died of a cerebral thrombosis 25 April 1967.










http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=37696

Navy.mil

Assessment of Damage Nearing Completion Following USS George Washington Fire at Sea

Story Number: NNS080606-32 Release Date: 6/6/2008 9:00:00 PM

From Pacific Fleet Public Affairs

SAN DIEGO (NNS) -- Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet released the below statement surrounding the damage assessment of the USS George Washington (CVN 73) following a fire at sea on Thursday, May 22:

Navy officials have nearly completed a comprehensive damage assessment following the shipboard fire aboard George Washington that occurred on May 22 while at sea. The source of the fire has not yet been determined, but the fire was located in a ventilation intake/exhaust trunk that led from the lower decks of the ship to a ventilation port on the ship's outer hull several decks above. In addition to providing a ventilation path for non-critical machinery components that are located below the ship's waterline, the trunk has numerous piping and cabling runs located within it.

Damage to USS George Washington is primarily electrical in nature with some associated structural and mechanical repairs required. Fire and heat affected electrical cabling and components running through approximately 80 spaces of the more than 3800 total spaces on the carrier. The heat generated by the fire damaged a small portion of interior structural plating which will require either repair or replacement. Piping and related valves that were exposed to heat from the fire have been inspected and will require a minimal amount of repairs. Electrical cables in the vicinity of the intake/exhaust trunk were damaged and will require repair and in some cases, replacement.