Thursday, February 17, 2011

Molecular deconstruction




1994 film "Stargate" Ultimate Edition DVD movie:


Major General West: This is the information the probe sent back to us. Freeze and enhance. You can clearly see the Gate on the other side. Both Gates must have functioned as a doorway between our worlds.

Major General West's aide: These reading's tell us it's an atmospheric match. Barometric pressure, temperature, and most importantly, oxygen.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: These markings are different. They don't match the symbols on our Gate.

Major General West: That's why we may have to abort. This project is for naught without a reconnaissance mission.

Major General West's aide: Once on the other side we'd have to decipher the markings on their Gate and, in essence, dial home in order to bring the team back.

Major General West: Based on this new information, I don't see how we can do that.

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, I can do that.

Major General West: Are you sure?

Dr. Daniel Jackson: Positive.

Colonel Jack O'Niel: He's full of shit.

Major General West: You're on the team.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.cswap.com/1994/Stargate/cap/en/25fps/a/00_25

Stargate


:25:56
If anybody has anything to say,
now's the time to say it.

:26:06
''Vector tracking set.''

:27:40
Molecular deconstruction
in progress.

:28:56
Jackson, it's all right.
It's over. Stay with him.

:28:59
Jackson, listen to me. Keep moving.

:29:02
It wears off in a minute.










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Do they have to keep doing that?

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: It's just a little hero worship, Doc. To tell you the truth, I can't say I blame them. We all grew up hearing about what you did here. Or what you're about to do.










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: You know, I wish I had a picture of this.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: What?

Starfleet Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, you see, in the future, this whole area becomes a historical monument. You're standing almost on the exact spot where your statue's going to be.

Dr. Zefram Cochrane: Statue?










2006 film "The Queen" DVD video:


Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II: One in four, you said, wanted to get rid of me?

Tony: For about half an hour. But then you came down to London and all that went away.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II: I've never been hated like that before.

Tony: And that must have been difficult.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II: Yes. Very. Nowadays, people want glamour and tears, the grand performance. I'm not very good at that. Never have been. I prefer to keep my feelings to myself. And foolishly, I believed that was what the people wanted from their Queen. Not to make a fuss, nor wear one's heart on one's sleeve. Duty first, self second. That's how I was brought up.