Saturday, February 26, 2011

"The competition's a little more advanced than I expected."




http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Gallery.aspx

The official website of The British Monarchy


http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Images/Latest%20News/Feb%2011/LN-PW-Feb11-St-Andrews-3.jpg


Catherine Middleton meets members of the public during a visit to the University of St Andrews where she and Prince William launched the 600th Anniversary Appeal, Fife, 25 February 2011.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thu, May 4, 2006 3:12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Sleep journal 5/4/06


Kerry Burgess wrote:
After my short nap yesterday late evening, when back to sleep after midnight and slept pretty soundly until after 7. Had a dream that seemed to occur just before I woke up. I was inside some kind of missile. Seems like it was an SM2-ER on the Wainwright's launcher and it was going to send me into orbit or outer space maybe. When I woke up, I heard lyrics from that song:

Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 May 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/27/2006 12:13 PM


I started thinking that the life raft I was on from Sheffield drifted to landfall on the Falklands. That is why I was writing about something similar a couple years ago. I was writing about some thoughts that the Wainwright had actually been hit by an Iranian missile and then a few of us in a life boat landed on the Iranian coast and had to evade capture for a while.


Then I looked closer at the DD-214 and wondered about the details.


14. Military Education (Course title, number of weeks, and month and year completed)
Fire Control Technician “A” school 23wks 86Nov; Terrier MK 152 Computer Complex 91wks 87Jun; BE&E SSC 12wks 86Apr;


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 September 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Gremlins (1984)


Ruby Deagle: I want your dog.

Billy Peltzer: Barney?

Ruby Deagle: Give him to me. I'll take him to the kennel, they'll put him to sleep. It will be quick and painless compared to what I would do to him.

Billy Peltzer: What could you do?

Ruby Deagle: I'll catch the beast myself. He'll get what he deserves, a slow painful death.Maybe I'll put him in my spin-drier on high heat.

Mr. Anderson: That would do it all right!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, April 6, 2006 2:45:44 PM

Subject: Re: Imaginary friend

I was disappointed I got only an hour of my imaginary girlfriend this morning. The previous 3 days of 4 hours was spoiling me.

Damn I am one bored loser homeless guy.

I literally almost expect someone to stab me in the back with a knife when someone walks behind me on the street. I don't know why that has started bothering me. I feel like my thought processes are still pretty normal, but I do think about a lot of stuff, got nothing else to do. All this was going on back before I quit my job 26 months ago. It was pretty tough trying to sort out all this craziness and still try to get some work done. Goddamnit, that was 26 months ago, just for this part of this craziness, it was going on well before that. Damn my head hurts.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, April 6, 2006 2:45:44 PM

Subject: Re: Imaginary friend


Kerry Burgess wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6867118/

Imaginary friend: Viewers keep asking: Why isn't Hurley losing weight? Tonight's answer? He's got a secret stash of Dharma-brand Castaway Chow. But when he started seeing pal Dave from the mental institution, flashbacks revealed that Dave was only in his mind. Destroyed because his weight broke an overcrowded deck, killing two people, Hurley sank into himself, eating to punish himself. Back on the island, imaginary Dave almost had Hurley convinced that the entire island was a figment of his imagination (a plotline "Lost" viewers have suggested). Yet as Hurley contemplated suicide, a kiss from Libby brought him back from the edge. But turns out she has some secrets, too.

[What a sarcastic coincidence. There are several familar elements here. Am I supposed to keep playing fetch with these? Or is this just a blatant ripoff of my privacy?


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 6 April 2006 excerpt ends]