Tuesday, February 01, 2011

We can learn to love again.




http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/wearingtheinsideoutlyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

Wearing The Inside Out Lyrics


From morning to night I stayed out of sight
Didn't recognize I'd become
No more than alive I'd barely survive
In a word...overrun










1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" DVD video:


Dr. Zefram Cochrane: I don't know who writes your history books or where you get your information from, but you people got some pretty funny ideas about me. You all look at me as if I'm some kind of a saint or visionary or something.

Starfleet Commander William T. Riker: I don't think you're a saint, Doc, but you did have a vision.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:40 AM Sunday, January 02, 2011


Stampede Pass





I must have been lying in bed for over four hours last night and could not fall asleep for that much time and longer because I started thinking during the night last night that Stampede Pass is where I materialized after the L-1011 Stargazer spiraled down from over forty thousand feet after breaking into pieces and then crashed with such force that it virtually vaporized on contact with that ground. I started thinking of how that scene with "Picard" and his wife announcing that dinner was ready could be a detail I created to represent the details I read about the source of the name for Stampede Pass, as well as how "Kirk" mentions that he smell something burning in the kitchen. I thought over many details last night as I hoped to fall asleep and I was thinking of how the dialog with the statue in the 1996 film "Star Trek: First Contact" is about how after I understood that my aircraft was unflyable because, for one reason, a wing had just broken off due to impact with debris from the Pegasus rocket that had just exploded in front of my windshield, I was turned around part ways in my seat as the pilot and I had my had outreached to shake the hand of Kerry Burgess and I spoke that flying with had been an honor but the aircraft was spinning too fast for us to shake hands. When I materialized at Stampede Pass I felt as though I had materialized about one inch or two above the ground and I found myself standing there in the woods on that dirt road with absolutely no idea where I was and I was standing there with my hand still reaching out to shake his hand.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 January 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:45:01 PM

Subject: Re: Finally


the worst time is seeing the plane flying over and waiting..........


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10 May 2006 excerpt ends]










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George,_Washington

George, Washington

George is a city in Grant County, Washington, United States.





http://ncwportal.com/grant/interest/quincy_lakes_wildlife_area

North Central Washington Portal

Grant County » Area Attractions » Quincy Lakes Wildlife Area

The Quincy Lakes Wildlife Area covers 15,266 acres and is part of the Quincy Unit of the North Columbia Basin State Wildlife Recreation Area. Recreational opportunities include boating, hunting, water sports, fishing, and camping. Fish species include smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, rainbow trout, yellow perch, and crappie.

Lakes located in the Quincy Lakes Wildlife Area,

Ancient Lake
Burke Lake










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, September 02, 2005 posted by H.V.O.M at 8:35 PM


The only time in the past fews years when I have felt alone was when I was on that bridge. If feels like people's prying eyes have permeated every shred of privacy I have but yet standing there on that bridge, I felt like no one was around. I knew they were watching, but for once, they weren't crushing me with their presence. It made no sense. So I started walking back along the B-G trail to Redmond to see if my Jeep was still where I had abandoned it a couple days earlier. I hadn't eaten in days but yet I can somehow walk all the way back there, it's about 25 miles.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 September 2005 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, September 02, 2005 posted by H.V.O.M at 8:35 PM


What kind of world has it become? Are people themselves in so much agony and misery in their own lives that my misery makes them forget about their problems?For those last twelve hours or so and I shuffled a long, I could barely put one foot fully in front of the other, I am thinking about not only getting some of that food in my Jeep, but I also have this new feeling coming over me. I start to fantasize that there is going to be some kind of party waiting for me to return. There are going to be big white tents and music and brights lights and a whole lot of people I don't know. My mother is going to be there. She has some good news for me and she bought a new RV for me to rest in as she takes me back to Texas where I can get away from all this. For some reason, I think the Secret Service is tracking me while I am shuffling along because they want to protect me from whatever dangers are hiding in the bushes I pass by. I shuffle along, thinking about how nice it is going to be to take a shower and then go to sleep in the bed in the RV. I was thinking about all the food I am going to eat. Finally about 2 am, it is dark and cold and I walk along the last mile of the trail, a section I know very well from all the miles I have run on it in training for Ironman. First I notice there are no lights. I hear no music. There are no clapping and cheering crowds. I see no big RV waiting for me with its relaxing luxury in the parking lot. My mom isn't there. My Jeep Wrangler (which I have since lost) faithfully sits by itself where I left it. I climb inside, open a can with some fruit in it, accidently cut my wrist slightly on its sharp edges, and go to sleep in the driver's seat to wake up in the daylight.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 September 2005 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE 10/12/2006 3:35 PM
As I recall, Phoebe


wrote in a letter to me to “never forget that dance where we met because I never will.” That is quite humorous, really more humorous than I can articulate, if it represents me landing on Saturn’s moon, Phoebe. I have these moments where I want to scream because there is something locked in my mind that I can’t articulate. I was thinking something similar about the ‘darkness’ surrounding my spacecraft as I was billion miles away. There is truly a “great lakes” of emotion stored in my mind associated with so much that is forgotten. I feel this great humor in my mind about that comment from Phoebe, I feel that if I remember, I will laugh and laugh and laugh, for days on end probably.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 12 October 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.nightofthecomet.info/lyrics/learn_to_love_again.html


LYRICS

Learn to Love Again


Written by: Chris Farren

Performed by: Chris Farren & Amy Holland


[MAN]
You think that it's over
But you can't explain why
You wait at home waiting for the phone to ring
But your spirits are dragging
And you wander endlessly
Trying to forget about how happy we used to be