Monday, February 28, 2011

How is it possible I could dream such a detail?




In a dream I had while sleeping a few hours ago, I dreamed I was in some room and there was a storage locker similar to what you would find in a very nice gymnasium and I walked up to it to open it and it had my combination lock on it. As I just wrote that sentence, I thought to myself of how consistent the dream is with the context of how I was in that homeless shelter I called the Pioneer Square gulag and of how that storage locker was similar in function to the one I had in the dream but in the dream, the surroundings seemed luxurious, although there are no real details I can recall that make me think of that description. After the observation about the gym, I would have said that the storage locker was similar, except for the luxury detail, to a storage locker I have used in my artificial memory while assigned to a shore facility in the United States Navy.

So anyway, I thought about that dream several times in the past few hours because I specifically recall the combination code I used to open my combination padlock that was protecting my personal items in that storage locker.

The combination code was '5206.'

After I woke up, and possibly during the dream itself, I was thinking over about whether that was supposed to be a specific date. I forgot about it until just a few minutes ago and then reviewed my journal.

How is it possible I could dream about a detail that is so consistent with a note I made in my private journal on the day 5/2/2006?










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:08 PM

To: prisonerofmicrosoft@hotmail.com

Cc: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Extreme torment by anonymous cowards continues

And I know someone with keys was entering my locker a few months ago. I'm not falling for this stuff today. I put a tag in there and only someone that had unlocked the door could have put it back on. They put it back on close, but not close enough.


prisonerofmicrosoft@hotmail.com wrote:

Meeting Request

Extreme torment by anonymous cowards continues

Location Everywhere

When Monday, May 1, 2006 (All Day)

Please RSVP:

Non-Outlook Users: Respond to Meeting Request

Outlook Users: Respond by clicking "Accept", "Tentative" or "Decline" at the top of the e-mail.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 May 2006 excerpt ends]