Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kuwait City




http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/26/newsid_4716000/4716868.stm


BBC


ON THIS DAY 26 February


1991: Iraqi troops flee Kuwait City

The Kuwaiti capital has been liberated by the Gulf War Allies after 208 days of Iraqi occupation.

Thousands of Iraqi troops began leaving the city after an order from President Saddam Hussein, broadcast this morning, to withdraw immediately.

He said he was ordering the retreat because of "the aggression of 30 countries against Iraq" and the economic blockade led by the US.

The first group of Allies into the city centre was a reconnaissance team of 12 US marines who arrived in the capital this evening, ushered in by some Kuwaiti resistance forces.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/1F18.html


Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song


Original airdate in N.A.: 27-Apr-94


At Fort Springfield, Sgt. Skinner, resplendent in his uniform, walks along with a colonel.

Colonel: It's good to have another combat veteran around here. I myself received a number of medals for, um, securing that Montgomery Ward in Kuwait City?

Skinner: Hmm, yes, colonel. Now I understand it will be my duty to mold the new recruits into a well-disciplined, highly-trained infantry unit.

Colonel: Sure, I, I guess. Here they come! [a bus arrives]

Recruit 1: Hey, where do I get my grenades at?





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:06 PM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 17 April 2012