Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Crossland




Hah. Mangos. That was Pat Reese in Puerto Rico on the Wainwright in 1989. Despite my new-found sense of adventure from the Persian Gulf that really wasn't that new from the swamps of the Little River in Arkansas the citrus pleasure of mangoes was disappointing.

As you all dullards out there know that was the dullard ship.

There was something else really clever and laser-guided witty relative to recent events that 99.9999%(I guess) of you don't know about but now if that past few seconds vaporizes from my mind.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/A/Apocalypse_Now_-_Redux.html


Apocalypse Now - Redux


- Seven-four-two! - Where's that duster?
I want my wounded out of there and in the hospital in 15 minutes.
I want my men out.
Somebody stay in there tight with Big Duke.
This is Ten-Ten. We're gonna be in, throw 'em on and get out.
She's got a grenade!










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/A/Apocalypse_Now_-_Redux.html


Apocalypse Now - Redux


Hey, Chief, I'm gonna go get those mangos now, okay?
- Take somebody with ya. - Yeah, I'll take--
I'll go with him.
Chef?
- Yes, sir? - How come they call you that?
- Call me what, sir? - Chef.
- Because you like mangos and stuff? - No, sir, I'm a real chef.
- I'm a saucier. - Saucier?
Yes, sir. See, I come from New Orleans.
I was raised to be a saucier, a great saucier.
- What's a saucier? - You specialize in sauces.
Gotta be a mango tree here somewhere.
Then, I was supposed to go to Paris...
study at the Escoffier school.
But then I got orders for my physical.
Hell, I joined the navy.
Heard they had better food.
Cook school-- that did it.
- Yeah, how's that? - You don't wanna hear about that.
They lined us up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib.
All of us, you know, lined up lookin' at it.
Magnificent meat. Really! Beautifully marbled.
Next thing, they're throwing the meat into these big cauldrons--
all of it-- boiling it!
I looked inside, man. It was turning grey.
I couldn't fucking believe that one.
That's when I applied for radioman school, but then they gave me--
What is it?
Charlie?
It's a tiger!
Son of a bitch! It's a tiger, man! It's a tiger!
Battle stations. Lance, up front.
- Get on your 60! - Got it.
- Holy shit! A fuckin' tiger! - Chef, come on!
- Captain, come on! - Let's hop in and go!
Let's go!
You were right. Never get out of the boat.
- Bring that 60 forward! - Why never get out of the boat?
I gotta remember! Never get out of the boat!
Never get out of the boat!
- How many is it? - A fuckin' tiger!
- What? - A tiger?
Yes! I've had it! I've had the whole goddamn fuckin' shit, man!
You can kiss my ass on the county square...
because I'm fuckin' buggin' out.
I didn't come here for this.
I don't fuckin' need it! I don't want it.
I didn't get out the goddamn eighth grade for this kind of shit!
All I wanted to do was fuckin' cook!
I just wanted to learn to fuckin' cook, man!
- You're all right. - What happened, bro?
You're all right. You're gonna be all right.
All right? It's gonna be all right?
Never get out of the fuckin' boat.
Hi, tiger! Bye, tiger! Goodbye!
Never get out of the boat.
Absolutely goddamn right...
unless you were going all the way.
Kurtz got off the boat.
He split from the whole fuckin' programme.
How did that happen?
What did he see here that first tour?
Thirty-eight fucking years old.
If you joined the Green Berets...
there was no way you'd ever get above colonel.
Kurtz knew what he was giving up.
The more I read and began to understand...
the more I admired him.
His family and friends couldn't understand it...
and they couldn't talk him out of it.
He had to apply three times, and he put up with a ton of shit.
But when he threatened to resign, they gave it to him.
The next youngest guy in his class was half his age.
They must have thought he was some far-out old man...
humping it over that course.
I did it when I was 19. It damn near wasted me.
A tough motherfucker.
He finished it.
He could have gone for general...
but he went for himself instead.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 03:33 AM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Wednesday 28 May 2014