Friday, November 21, 2014

I know what that meant, Katie.




http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battlestar/season1/galactica-215.htm

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

2X15 - SCAR

Original Airdate (SciFi): 03/FEB/2006


Apollo: You know what gets me? I know that in two weeks, I won't remember his face. I can't remember any of their faces after they're killed. No matter how hard I try, they just fade.

Starbuck: I don't even remember their names.

Apollo: Names. Oh, let's see, there was-- there was Flattop. (Starbuck spits some beer on him) Who bought it on his thousandth landing. There was Chuckles. (Starbuck spits out some more beer) Stop it, already. Please, not funny. All right. It's not funny.

Starbuck: It is funny. You know the President says that we're saving humanity for a bright, shiny future. on Earth. That you and I are never gonna see. We're not. Because we go out over and over again until someday, some metal motherfrakker is gonna catch us on a bad day and just blow us away.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111438/quotes

IMDb


Timecop (1994)

Quotes


Sarah Fielding: Impressed?

Max Walker: I'm blown away.

Sarah Fielding: I read the Atwood file.

Max Walker: You didn't mention you could read.










1994 film "Princess Caraboo" DVD video:


Mary: Them sailors all have tales to tell of far-off lands from roving far over the oceans.



































DSC00187.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/26/08 6:47 AM

A series of scenes in the dream just now about football. The notion of Princeton University was strongly present in those series of scenes where I seemed to be on a football team but I think something is askew to all that, in that my soccer team is mixed in to those scenes and I was confusing it with my actual participation on an American football team at U.S. Naval Academy. I did see a scene about a football kicker during an American football game. There was a lot of detail I can still visualize but I do not feel all that compelled to describe the scenes. In the next series of scenes though, I seemed to be walking through an open field and there is a paved road running off to my left and there is open field as far as I can see to the other side of it and I guess to my right side although most of the dream seems to visualize over to what was initially my left-side of visualization. Just after that visualization started, and I note that it seems to be chronologically after the series of football scenes, I saw the Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse in that field on the other side of the paved road and to my minor annoyance, they started charging in my direction and I can visualize that lead Horsemen, but I am left with the vague sense that the Four of them were actually cows that had turned to charge at me. I did some fancy maneuvering and got them going in circles because I could maneuver better than they could but at some point I realized that I was not going to be able to keep that tactic up for very long. As I visualize that scene again now that I am awake, they seemed to have surrounded me. In the next scene though I seemed to have broke away from the Four Bovine of The Apocalypse and I was running flat out across the field at a 45 degree angle ahead of my original line-of-sight and direction of travel and I am vaguely aware of something ahead of me but I cannot visualize it well enough or remember it well enough to describe. I can remember that I turned around as I was running and threw something back at the lead Cow of The Apocalypse and I struck it squarely on the head and it dropped dead right there on the spot. At that point, I seemed to look back at a bale of hay in the middle of the field, which was the only one in sight, and I thought to myself that I should have stayed near that bale of hay because it was a piece of that bale that I killed the lead Cow of The Apocalypse. But I was still running in that same direction and I cannot really visualize the other Cows of The Apocalypse althought I guess they were back there somewhere in the dust the first Cow kicked up in a field that did not seem that dusty.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 July 2008 exceprt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265086/quotes

IMDb


Black Hawk Down (2001)

Quotes


[after the briefing]

Matthews: What's the matter Danny? Something you don't like?

McKnight: No Spectre gunships, daylight instead of night, late afternoon when they're all fucked up on Khat, only part of the city Aidid can mount a serious counter-attack on short notice...

[chuckles]

McKnight: What's not to like?

Harell: Life's imperfect.

McKnight: Yeah, for you two, circling above it at five hundred feet it's imperfect. Down in the street, it's unforgiving.











View Larger Map



https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.654483,-117.422605&spn=0.006483,0.016512&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=47.654486,-117.424538&panoid=8lvY8pWkbRrbd1cvbrvD0Q&cbp=12,339.63,,0,-16.36

Google Maps


822 I-90BUS, Spokane, Washington, United States

Address is approximate



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:46 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 21 November 2014