Saturday, November 01, 2014

"Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay"




Up until a time very recently I would have still published my long-standing belief that the actress Valerie Bertinelli, famous from the 1970s "One Day at a Time", is the biological sister of Phoebe Cates.

I would have to look back to see how often I stated that belief here publicly in my blog and privately in my offline journal, because I don't recall offhand, but I know I believed that for a long time.

The way the belief, or possibly delusion, played out is that I was writing about it in my journal and then I read that she indeed does have a sister named Valerie. Only today have I first seen a photo of the adult Valerie Cates. In recent months Phoebe published a photo of them as children and that was when the notion reminded me that I still believed Valerie Bertinelli is her sister. I don't know what Valerie Bertinelli looked like at that age but that didn't seem to be her and that contradicted my thoughts. I also thought to myself this sentence just before publishing that I am again uncertain about how the visualizations of memories in my mind from the 1990s are actually the video images my brain was tricked into believing in the late 1990s, tricked to believe those video images were actually my own memories.

I have no idea what is the truth.

Looking at the photos, apparently from June 2003, I see some resemblance but my first thought is they could be cousins. I think about how people I grew up think were my relatives are my relatives but not the biological order I was taught to believe. Of course, nobody has told me anything. I believe that what I grew up to believe is not the truth. But still, not one person has said one single word to me to corroborate the wild theories I publish here on my public blog.

The writing is clearly on the wall that something I am saying is correct and accurate but sometimes I feel something close to a kind of sheer terror about trying to acknowledge the truth, trying to find the truth, something I can't explain.



































DSC05865.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 23, 2006


Valerie Voyer was the name of that loan officer at First Federal of South Carolina I remember going out with before I moved away for a while to Memphis.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 July 2006 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/27/07 10:27 AM
I read that Phoebe has an older sister named Valerie. Maybe that is why I "remember" going out with Valerie Voyer from First Federal. She was a loan officer, I think. I "remember" that I took her to see Costner's "Robin Hood."


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 27 May 2007 excerpt ends]










I'm watching this soon for the first time ever when the broadcast begins so let's see what answers are revealed by my so-called time-traveler effect.

Guantanamo Bay was a great extended liberty port when I was assigned to the USS Taylor FFG-50 in 1985.





http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV002268450000&s=201411011800&sid=64599&sn=CCHDP&st=201411012010&cn=704

excite tv


Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (2008)

704 CCHDP: Saturday, November 1 8:10 PM

2008, NR, **, 01:47, Color, English, United States,

After the high-flying stoners (Kal Penn, John Cho) try to smuggle a bong aboard a flight to Amsterdam, the two find themselves in jail on charges of terrorism.

Cast: Kal Penn, John Cho



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:56 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 01 November 2014