Friday, November 21, 2014

Patterns of Force




http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/52.htm

Patterns Of Force

Stardate: 2534.0

Original Airdate: Feb 16, 1968


KIRK: We must get our communicators, contact the ship.

SPOCK: Captain, the flaw in the plan is this locked door, and the guard beyond it. To the logical mind, the outlook is somewhat gloomy.

KIRK: The transponders.

SPOCK: Yes.

KIRK: And a way to shed some light on the gloom, Mister Spock.

SPOCK: Of course. The rubindium crystals in the transponders.

(Kirk pulls a metal strip from the bed in the cell, and Spock uses it to cut into Kirk's arm.)

ISAK: Are you trying to kill yourselves?

(Spock gets Kirk's transponder out, then Kirk tries to extract Spock's.)

KIRK: I know it's there. McCoy put it in. There. Do you have the figures computed?

SPOCK: Yes. We must hold the crystals rigidly at a specific distance, which I believe should be twenty seven point two millimetres.

(He bends the metal strip accordingly.)

SPOCK: Twenty seven point two millimetres would be, approximately, there. That is, of course, a crude estimation.

ISAK: What is it you're making, some kind of radio?

KIRK: No, not a radio. The power from this light is very low.

SPOCK: Yes. To reach that light, I shall require some sort of platform.

KIRK: I would be honoured, Mister Spock.

SPOCK: Now, the rubindium crystals should find enough power here to achieve the necessary stimulus. As I recall from the history of physics, the ancient lasers were able to achieve the necessary excitation, even using crude natural crystals.

(Kirk squats down and Spock eventually stands on his thighs, leaning against the well-injured back.)

KIRK: Oh, Mister Spock, the guard did a professional job on my back. I'd appreciate it if you'd hurry.

SPOCK: Yes, of course, Captain. You realise that the aim will of course be very crude.

KIRK: (in pain) I don't care if you hit the broad side of a barn. Just hurry, please.

SPOCK: Captain, why should I aim at such a structure?



































DSC06544.JPG










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/52.htm

Patterns Of Force

Stardate: 2534.0

Original Airdate: Feb 16, 1968


ISAK: Take me with you. Give me a chance to fight them.

SPOCK: May I remind you, we did not intend to fight.

ISAK: Take me with you, or you'll never find the laboratory.

KIRK: Take him with us, Mister Spock. He's got a point. He's our guide.



































DSC06658.JPG



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:17 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 21 November 2014