Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wardenclyffe




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla


Nikola Tesla

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943) was a Serbian American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, and futurist


Early years (1856–1885)


In 1870, Tesla moved to Karlovac to attend school at Higher Real Gymnasium, where he was profoundly influenced by a math teacher Martin Sekulić. Tesla was able to perform integral calculus in his head, which prompted his teachers to believe that he was cheating.


In 1874, Tesla evaded being drafted into the Austro-Hungarian Army in Smiljan by running away to Tomingaj, near Gračac. There, he explored the mountains in hunter's garb. Tesla said that this contact with nature made him stronger, both physically and mentally. He read many books while in Tomingaj, and later said that Mark Twain's works had helped him to miraculously recover from his earlier illness.

In 1875, Tesla enrolled at Austrian Polytechnic in Graz, Austria, on a Military Frontier scholarship. During his first year, Tesla never missed a lecture, earned the highest grades possible, passed nine exams (nearly twice as many required), started a Serbian culture club, and even received a letter of commendation from the dean of the technical faculty to his father, which stated, "Your son is a star of first rank." Tesla claimed that he worked from 3 a.m. to 11 p.m., no Sundays or holidays excepted. He was "mortified when [his] father made light of [those] hard won honors." After his father's death in 1879, Tesla found a package of letters from his professors to his father, warning that unless he were removed from the school, Tesla would be killed through overwork. During his second year, Tesla came into conflict with Professor Poeschl over the Gramme dynamo, when Tesla suggested that commutators weren't necessary. At the end of his second year, Tesla lost his scholarship and became addicted to gambling. During his third year, Tesla gambled away his allowance and his tuition money, later gambling back his initial losses and returning the balance to his family. Tesla said that he "conquered [his] passion then and there," but later he was known to play billiards in the US. When exam time came, Tesla was unprepared and asked for an extension to study, but was denied. He never graduated from the university and did not receive grades for the last semester.


Working for Edison

In 1882, Tesla began working for the Continental Edison Company in France, designing and making improvements to electrical equipment. In June 1884, he relocated to New York City where he was hired by Thomas Edison to work for his Edison Machine Works. Tesla's work for Edison began with simple electrical engineering and quickly progressed to solving more difficult problems.

Tesla was offered the task of completely redesigning the Edison Company's direct current generators. In 1885, he said that he could redesign Edison's inefficient motor and generators, making an improvement in both service and economy. According to Tesla, Edison remarked, "There's fifty thousand dollars in it for you—if you can do it" —this has been noted as an odd statement from an Edison whose company was stingy with pay and who did not have that sort of cash on hand. After months of work, Tesla fulfilled the task and inquired about payment. Edison, saying that he was only joking, replied, "Tesla, you don't understand our American humor." Instead, Edison offered a US$10 a week raise over Tesla's US$18 per week salary; Tesla refused the offer and immediately resigned.

Middle years (1886–1899)

After leaving Edison's company Tesla partnered with two businessmen in 1886, Robert Lane and Benjamin Vale, who agreed to finance an electric lighting company in Tesla's name, Tesla Electric Light & Manufacturing. The company installed electrical arc light based illumination systems designed by Tesla and also had designs for dynamo electric machine commutators, the first patents issued to Tesla in the US.

The investors showed little interest in Tesla's ideas for new types of motors and electrical transmission equipment and also seemed to think it was better to develop an electrical utility than invent new systems. They eventually forced Tesla out leaving him penniless. He even lost control of the patents he had generated since he had assigned them to the company in lieu of stock. He had to work at various electrical repair jobs and even as a ditch digger for $2 per day. Tesla considered the winter of 1886/1887 as a time of "terrible headaches and bitter tears." During this time, he questioned the value of his education.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/04/09 11:14 PM
I had another dream about being in that house I owned in Greer, SC, and that dream seemed to be early into my sleep period. An odd observation about that dream is that I seemed to dream about that dream a one or two hours later or maybe slightly more later than that. It seems to have been several hours before I got up. In that later dream I seemed to be thinking over that first dream and then I was dreaming or thinking or both about this time right now as I write about both dreams. In that first dream I walked through that short hallway and into the master bedroom on the main level of the house that I was using as an office while my bedroom was in one of the bedrooms upstairs. So anyway I had just walked into that room and I was turned towards the door in that room that connects to the deck on that back of the house and then suddenly there was a very bright light. In the dream I knew that a nuclear bomb had just exploded and then I was face down on the floor with my face covered by my hands or pressed into my arms and I guess I was wearing only a pair of shorts and I was aware that the hair on my body was standing up as though I was receiving an electrical shock. I have thought several before this dream that for certain people in the proximity of a nuclear blast the only reaction their senses will register after the blast and depending on their distance from the blast will be a sense of electric shock. So I was there on the floor and I was thinking the flash should only last a second or two but after what seemed to be quite a few seconds I peeked out very slightly from the my body covering my eyes and I could still see there was a blinding white light flooding the area. I was also thinking during that time in the dream or I was thinking this later in that later dream that I could also hear a sound and I guess it was the sound of the bomb traveling through air. But I am not certain what that means other than the obvious of what I was thinking during the dream. So I was still there and I was wondering if I was going to die because the fire slowly roasted me alive and I was wondering if another bomb was going to drop directly on my location and incinerate me first. The dream seemed to have ended there. I have been thinking there was something else I was going to add to this but now I cannot remember what it was. I might remember in a few minutes if there was something. Something else I was thinking during that time in the dream.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2009 excerpt ends]





http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/time-machine-script-transcript-wells.html


The Time Machine


The war was still waging. Now in
the air with flying machines.
Then I realized the truth.
This was a new war.
I decided to push into time
and see the outcome of this.
My house was hit!
The flames shot up.
Instantly, my home was gone.
I was in the open air.
The years rolled by,
everything unfamiliar.
Except the smile of my
never-aging friend.
What was this? Weird sounds
all around. What could it be?
My curiosity compelled me to stop.
At first I wondered if I was
the cause of the panic.
I was soon to find out I wasn't.
Keep it moving! Shove it on!
Come on, into the shelter.
Come on, young man! Come on!
- Filby?
- The name is Mr. Filby.
- Didn't you hear the siren?
- The horrible screeching?
It wasn't constructed
for aesthetic value...
...but to warn young fools
to get into shelter.





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/04/09 11:27 PM
Oh yeah, now I remember. The dream did not seem to end there. The next series of scenes I remember were then of here in Seattle. For some reason, I was out on Aurora Blvd., or so it seemed based on the scenes I can still visualize to some degree and I seemed to be several miles north of downtown and I could see the Seattle skyline to the south. This first scene was in daytime and I could see there was a large fire to the west where Bellevue and Redmond would be but my sight was obscured by a large hill in that direction and the fire was beyond that hill. I was also aware that I had probably been exposed to ionizing radiation from the nuclear bomb blast and I did not know how much. At some point around that time I also seemed to note there was a large fire in the Seattle skyline but that is not a clear in my mind as the fire towards Bellevue and Redmond. That could just mean that I was looking directly at Seattle when that area was hit again. I don't know. Then the next scene I remember seemed to be night time and I was traveling with three other people but I cannot remember enough detail to articulate any of that. I vaguely recall some details that make me think we where along Aurora Avenue and near to Shoreline to the north. There was an area we walked to where someone had just dug several holes in the ground and the holes were freshly dug and I could see a shovel nearby and I think I took the shovel. I pondered over how the holes did not seem to be graves but I don't know what they were for. They could have been for small trees I guess but they were probably too close together. There was also a sense during the dream that I should know better than to take that shovel because I was a lawyer and I shouldn't just take it away from there.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 04 May 2009 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:30 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 22 November 2014