Friday, November 07, 2014

"My secretary has all the details."





























DSC06048.JPG










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:44 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: Journal June 6, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:
I was watching Top Gun a couple days ago and I was wondering what was that top ribbon Maverick wears on his uniform. I have always thought it was the navy's Battle "E" ribbon, but the idea formed lately that it may be a Purple Heart actually. The pip device on the ribbon made sense as the "E" device that I remember being used on the Battle "E." But today I looked it up and I don't see a Battle "E" ribbon. Maybe they have discontinued it since it was active in the '80s or maybe that really was a Purple Heart he was wearing. The pip is actually a star device to represent that he has two of the medals. The closest active ribbon I see the navy currently has is called the Navy "E" Ribbon. It looks similar to the Purple Heart except for the colors on the edges and I remember from Top Gun that he was wearing a ribbon that was mostly blue with white stripes on each end.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ribbons/navy_ribbons.html


Aha, here's the Battle E. But it has a yellow stripe


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 June 2006 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1631867/quotes

IMDb


Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Quotes


Rita Vrataski: What do we do now?

Lt. Col. Bill Cage: I don't know. We've never gotten this far.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 3:34 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 07 November 2014