Thursday, July 21, 2016

Cloverdale




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 06:19 AM Pacific Time USA Thursday 14 June 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-will-send-it-myself.html


Of course, I give a lot of thought to memories and their accuracy, anyway. My theory is that people my age, in the late 40s no longer possess physical memories of youth. What I think is that we, or I, have memories only that are what I thought of a couple days ago as "reinforced memories." That means, to me, that my memories of youth are actually memories of reciting a memory from when that memory was still physically present in my mind. The notion is that the memory atrophies over time thus it disappears as a physical presence in the mind. Brain cells die off over time, as I understand it. If someone I knew when I was ten years old started talking to me about things I had not thought about since I was ten years old then would I remember it? I don't know.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 June 2012 excerpt ends]










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/quotes

IMDb


The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Quotes


Bobby Benson: You don't seem to know much about anything, do you, Mr. Carpenter?

Klaatu: Well, I'll tell you, Bobby, I've been away a long time. Very far away.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_memory


Long-term memory

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long-term memory (LTM) is the final stage of the dual memory model proposed in the Atkinson-Shiffrin memory model, in which information can be stored for long periods of time. While short-term and working memory persist for only about 18 to 30 seconds, information can remain in long-term memory indefinitely. Long-term memory is commonly broken down into explicit memory (declarative), which includes episodic memory, semantic memory, and autobiographical memory, and implicit memory (procedural memory).


Dual-store memory model

According to Miller, whose paper in 1956 popularized the theory of the "magic number seven", short-term memory is limited to a certain number of chunks of information, while long-term memory has a limitless store.


































http://www.biochempages.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Complete_neuron_cell_diagram.png





https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory


Memory

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Memory is the process in which information is encoded, stored, and retrieved. Encoding allows information from the outside world to be sensed in the form of chemical and physical stimuli.


Long-term

Main article: Long-term memory


Short-term memory is supported by transient patterns of neuronal communication, dependent on regions of the frontal lobe (especially dorsolateral prefrontal cortex) and the parietal lobe. Long-term memory, on the other hand, is maintained by more stable and permanent changes in neural connections widely spread throughout the brain.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:28 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 14 April 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/04/emily.html


The human nose, for example, in this instance because it is located centrally on the face, can exist as a reference of beauty in only a narrow range. Three inches from center then it becomes an ear. A human head one foot wider sounds more like a cow's head. So the range is narrow. A milimeter here a milimeter there the variations are limited.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 14 April 2015 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:54 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 11 June 2016 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/06/kerry-burgess-2013.html


The people who have most suffered the privilege of immortality are the deserving people most likely to not want it.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 11 June 2016 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:29 AM

To: 'Chad Trammell'

Subject: The Time Machine


I've given a lot of thought in recent years to the real possibility of immortality.

The conclusion I have reached, regardless of immortality, is that human beings are not much more than light bulbs.

We have a sense of consciousness but so does a light bulb.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 December 2012 excerpt ends]










From 9/15/1965 ( premiere US TV series "Lost in Space" ) To 6/30/2012 is 17090 days

From 11/2/1965 To 8/17/2012 is 17090 days










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 01:13 AM Pacific Time USA Saturday 30 June 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/06/no-no-no-you-dont-understand-i-rescued.html


No, no, no, you don't understand. I rescued you and you rescued me. I wish you spoke English.





There's another first. Why would a dream, the last time I was a sleep, a very long time ago, sometime yesterday morning, where I clearly saw myself in a hotel elevator, cleverly on my honeymoon, where I clearly pushed a button for the thirty-something floor, all the while I was invisible, which caused me to get out of bed and test my theory I actually woke up that day invisible, and which to my disappointment in the dream I discovered I lost the power of invisibility, lead me to decide many hours later to watch a "Stargate Universe" episode - for the first time ever despite it was out there and available all that time - where they pushed an elevator button down to the 30th floor of a database archive.

Disquises. Somebody watches our television too.










http://www.crackle.com/c/I_Dream_of_Jeannie


CRACKLE


I Dream of Jeannie

The Lady In the Bottle

Season 1, Episode 1


Release: 9/18/1965


Captain Tony Nelson, an astronaut, is engaged to Melissa Stone, daughter of General Wingard Stone, his commanding officer.










http://www.tv.com/shows/i-dream-of-jeannie/the-lady-in-the-bottle-252676/


tv.com


I Dream of Jeannie

The Lady in the Bottle

Season 1, Episode 1, Aired Sep 18, 1965

Quotes


Tony: Jeannie, that's marvelous. I don't know how to thank you.

Jeannie (putting her arms around his neck): I will teach thee, Master.










http://www.tv.com/shows/i-dream-of-jeannie/the-lady-in-the-bottle-252676/


tv.com


I Dream of Jeannie

The Lady in the Bottle

Season 1, Episode 1, Aired Sep 18, 1965

Quotes


Jeannie: Somehow I must find a way to please thee, Master.










http://www.tv.com/shows/i-dream-of-jeannie/the-lady-in-the-bottle-252676/


tv.com


I Dream of Jeannie

The Lady in the Bottle

Season 1, Episode 1, Aired Sep 18, 1965

Quotes


(after Jeannie kisses him) Tony: I must have gone further into orbit than I thought.










http://www.tv.com/shows/i-dream-of-jeannie/the-lady-in-the-bottle-252676/


tv.com


I Dream of Jeannie

The Lady in the Bottle

Season 1, Episode 1, Aired Sep 18, 1965

Quotes


Jeannie: Thou may ask anything of thy slave, Master.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 30 June 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 7:36 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Wednesday 20 July 2016 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-thirteenth-floor-1999.html

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:29 PM Pacific Time USA Friday 17 August 2012 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-get-it-why-should-they-bother-when-my.html


I get it. Why should they bother when my life expectancy is often measured as day-to-day.





Watching another movie is something that really annoys the hell out of me.

But the details I read were compelling enough that I wanted to look closer at it.

If I never have to watch another movie again then I doubt I will mind very much.

It's hard to believe that it has been just over 8 years since I successfully completed that Ironman triathlon course in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. The heat of summer now reminds me of just how bad out of shape I am and that I have not exercised since then, when is completely the opposite of what I planned to do. I planned to find a job and then I planned to complete at least one of those Ironman triathlon course per year for as many years as I could. Of course those Ironman corporation racketeers would have probably killed me by now through some deliberate accident they caused and that they were trying to cause to happen to me.

My mere presence makes the racketeers very VERY nervous.

So anyway, as much as I hate to sit through another goddamned movie I saw the description for the 1999 film "The Thirteenth Floor" and I decided I needed to look closer at it. The title name seems vaguely familiar but nothing else seems familiar about the film. It's listed on crackle.com and that website has a small selection of interesting films that can be watched for free and I'll probably start watching it in a couple hours if it is still listed there.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 August 2012 excerpt ends]
[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 20 July 2016 excerpt ends]










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=thirteenth-floor-the

Springfield! Springfield!


Thirteenth Floor, The (1999)


No, it doesn't need a user
to interact with it to function.
Its units are fully-formed,
self-learning cyber beings.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=thirteenth-floor-the

Springfield! Springfield!


Thirteenth Floor, The (1999)


That stuff about going to "the ends of the earth."

What stuff?

I did exactly what the letter said. I chose a place I'd never go to. I tried to drive to Tucson. I figured, what the hell. Never been to the countryside. And I took that car out on the highway. I was going over 50 through that desert. After a while, it was the only car on the road. It was just me, the heat and the dust. I did exactly what the letter said: "Don't follow any road signs and don't stop for anything. Not even barricades." But just when I should've been getting closer to the city... ...something wasn't right. There was no movement, no life. Everything was still and quiet. And then I got out of the car. And what I saw... ...scared me to the depths... ...of my miserable soul. It was true.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 12:13 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 21 July 2016