Saturday, February 06, 2010

Because you're mine I walk the line




http://www.cswap.com/2004/Dawn_of_the_Dead/cap/en/25fps/a/00_10

Dawn of the Dead


:10:28
(man) 'i'll take your questions. '
(2nd man) 'is it a virus? '

:10:31
(man) 'we don't know. '
(woman) 'how does it spread? Airborne? '

:10:34
(man) 'airborne is a possibility.
We don't know. '

:10:37
(3rd man) 'is this an international
health hazard or a military concern?'

:10:41
(man) 'both.'

:10:42
(2nd woman) 'are these people alive or dead?'

:10:45
Hold him down!

:10:48
- 'we don't know. '
- (reporters shouting)

:10:50
(# johnny cash: The man comes around)
# There's a man going round taking names

:10:55
# and he decides who to free

:10:57
- # and who to blame
- 'these shelters have been compromised.'

:11:00
- # Everybody won't be treated the same










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Ray Butts"

22 October 1995

Episode 5 DVD:

00:28:58


1LT Nathan West: Explain this, Colonel! Was this mission a friendly assassination?

1LT Vanessa Damphousse: Did you kill this man?

Lt. Colonel Raymond Thomas Butts: They're all dead... because of me.


00:31:05

Lt. Colonel Raymond Thomas Butts: Look what they've done. Chig's are afraid of their dead, horrified of ours. Remove the eyes and the heart. But all that crap means nothing. The finest spirits - six unequaled souls - are gone and that's because of me. So I came back to lay them to rest, because that's how we do it in the Corps. That's the least I can do for them and their families, and unfortunately, it seems like all I can do for me.

1LT Shane Vansen: You shouldn't have left them.

Lt. Colonel Raymond Thomas Butts: They should have gone with me.


00:32:00

Lt. Colonel Raymond Thomas Butts: The final Marine that we lay to rest is Robert Joseph Grant. He grew up in Syracuse, New York. He has a wife, Karen, and three children. Bob said, if could choose how he would die that he would go down a black hole while listening to Johnny Cash. Now, I'm not much for Johnny Cash, but well, that's how he wanted to go.










http://www.cswap.com/2002/The_Sum_of_All_Fears/cap/en/25fps/a/01_19

The Sum of All Fears


1:19:18
TAO, EW. I'm picking up
intermittent radar bearing 020.

1:19:24
Where?

1:19:29
Now it's gone.

1:19:38
- There! It's a weak signal.
- Low on the horizon.

1:19:40
TAO, AIR SUP.
Inbound contact!

1:19:47
Multiples on the same bearing!

1:19:51
- Vampire! Vampire!
- Fast movers inbound!










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0407304/quotes

Memorable quotes for

War of the Worlds (2005)


News Producer: [at the site of a plane crash] Were you on that plane?

Ray Ferrier: No.

News Producer: Too bad. It would have made a hell of a story.










http://www.cswap.com/1989/Back_to_the_Future_Part_II/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_18

Back to the Future Part II


:18:28
You must be careful
not to run into your other self.

:18:32
- My other self?





http://www.cswap.com/1994/Timecop/cap/en/25fps/a/01_06

Timecop


1:06:43
It's me. Look.
It's Max.

1:06:46
Max? Max, what happened?





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marshals_Service

United States Marshals Service

The United States Marshals Service (USMS) is a United States federal law enforcement agency within the United States Department of Justice (see 28 U.S.C. § 561) and is the oldest federal law enforcement agency in the United States.

The USMS is the enforcement arm of the United States federal courts. U.S. Marshals protect court officers





"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Dear Earth"

March 3, 1996

Episode 17 DVD:


00:07:10

Lt. Colonel McQueen: West! What's your problem?

1LT Nathan West: Sorry, sir. My - my parents weren't notified about my brother's death. Is there anything you can do?

Lt. Colonel McQueen: You're asking me to write them?

1LT Nathan West: No. Um, I mean - I don't know. I'm sorry.

Lt. Colonel McQueen: Nathan. The Corps usually notifies next of kin with a personal visit home. I'm sure they've been notified.

1LT Nathan West: I can't be sure. I mean, it's not in the letter. They - they have no idea they've lost a son.

Lt. Colonel McQueen: Parents of marines have lost their sons for 300 years, Nathan. The Corps has experience letting them know. But if there's anything I can do to help you, I wanna know. You all right?

1LT Nathan West: [nods]





"Space: Above And Beyond"

"Dear Earth"

March 3, 1996

Episode 17 DVD:

00:42:33


1LT Nathan West: [typing] Dear Mom and Dad, I'll never forget the first time I saw my brother. Mom said she had a dream she was going to have a daughter - that I was going to have a new baby sister. But that day, you told me the stork fooled us. You even formally introduced us.

Anne West: Nathan, this is your brother, Neil.

1LT Nathan West: [typing] Twenty years later, I can remember thinking "His hands are so small." I can return to that moment in the time it takes to close my eyes. And in that instant, no time has passed. Not a minute of my life or Neil's has gone by. On April 9th, at 1800, on the planet Mors, your son - my brother - was killed in action. Neil was courageously defending his position and died valiantly. But now, I can never throw him another football or share an inside joke. Today, I'd easily give my own life just to be able to argue with him. And yet, it doesn't mean I'm unable to let him know how much he meant to me, how much I love him. Because to tell you, Mom and Dad, is to tell Neil. I can't express how much I miss him, how much I miss you both and John. Keep him safe. And if one day you should receive a yellow envelope from the Marines, don't bother to open it. Reread this letter and know how much your sons loved one another and you and that we are
once again together. With all my love, your son, Lieutenant Nathan West.










From 6/27/1994 ( Kerry Burgess - Deputy United States Marshal - killed in the line of duty ) To 4/9/2064 ( fictional date setting 1995 US TV series "Space: Above And Beyond" - US Marine Corps Private "Neil West" ) is 25489 days

'25 April 1989' Tom Petty "Full Moon Fever"










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, March 1, 2006 1:23:54 PM

Subject: stress


http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stress

stress

A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.

To subject to physical or mental pressure, tension, or strain.


"You are killing Kerry."

{{{{{










From 4/14/1977 ( I returned to Earth after successfully diverting the comet in the outer solar system ) to 4/25/1989 ( Tom Petty "Full Moon Fever" ) is: 4394 days

4394 = 2197 + 2197

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 7/21/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut walking on Earth's moon ) is: 2197 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Moon_Fever

Full Moon Fever

Studio album by Tom Petty

Released April 25, 1989


Track listing

"Free Fallin'"
"I Won't Back Down"
"Love Is a Long Road"
"A Face in the Crowd"
"Runnin' Down a Dream"
"I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better"
"Yer So Bad"
"Depending on You"
"The Apartment Song"
"Alright for Now"
"A Mind With a Heart of Its Own"
"Zombie Zoo"










http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tom+petty/runnin+down+a+dream_20138499.html

Tom Petty › Runnin’ Down A Dream


It was a beautiful day, the sun beat down
I had the radio on, I was drivin
The trees went by, me and del were singin
Little runaway, I was flyin

Yeah runnin down a dream
That never would come to me
Workin on a mystery, goin wherever it leads
Im runnin down a dream

I felt so good, like anything was possible
I hit cruise control and rubbed eyes
The last three days the rain was unstoppabl e
It was always cold, no sun shine

Yeah runnin down a dream
That never would come to me
Workin on a mystery, goin wherever it leads
Im runnin down a dream

I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
Theres something good waitin down this road
Im pickin up whatever is mine

Yeah runnin down a dream
That never would come to me
Workin on a mystery, goin wherever it leads
Im runnin down a dream










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Wednesday, September 07, 2005


Damn, I love that song. I remember very well when it was released. It was 1989, I had about six months left in the navy. I spent those last six months deployed to the Mediterranean, departing the U.S. shortly after Hurricane Hugo. I listened to that Full Moon Fever cassette over and over, almost constantly. This song was like my theme song for the foreseeable future for when I got out of the navy. This song made me think of freedom

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Maybe tomorrow.

Maybe I'll finally get some answers tomorrow.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1994/Star_Trek:_Generations/cap/en/25fps/a/00_21

Star Trek: Generations


:21:30
Will.

:21:36
Just imagine what it was like.
No engines, no computers.

:21:40
Just the wind and the sea
and the stars to guide you.

:21:46
- Bad food, brutal discipline, no women.
- Bridge to Captain Picard.

:21:53
- A personal message from Earth.
- Put it through down here.

:21:59
The best thing was that no one could
reach you. This was freedom, Will.

:22:07
Computer, arch.

:22:13
Look alive there.

:22:28
Take the wheel.

:22:50
Captain, are you all right?

:22:55
Yes, I'm fine ...
Excuse me.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Fri, May 19, 2006 10:21:01 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 19, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:

My memory, which I am growing increasingly certain is false beyond a certain date


I am wondering today if I was either genetically engineered prior to birth or genetically modified after birth to allow for greater tolerance of long term travel in space.

In Star Trek: The Next Generation, and possibly others, I have been noticing familar clues. Today I suspect that those clues represent my false history. They serve as indicators to the people monitoring me that I still believe in my false history. If I start pointing out clues to my real history, they will know what I know.

I was thinking today about something I read recently in the novel 2001: Space Odyssey. Clarke wrote something about the progress of man from femur-wielding ape-man to man's use of guided missiles.


I wonder where the divergence point is in history? When did I become Kerry Burgess and who am I really? There was probably a real Kerry Burgess, someone that looked like me. While I have memories of being on the Wainwright, I think they are false. KB was probably on the WWT, and maybe I was there too. But I wonder if I was one of the Marines I remember being onboard back in the Persian Gulf in 1988? I also remember my high school reunion of 1994. I don't know if I was really there or if it was a false memory. But they probably wouldn't have known the difference, I hadn't seen the vast majority of them since 1984.


I wonder if the Tom Petty album Full Moon Fever means something important. I think it might.

{{{{{










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/t/tompettylyrics/freefallinlyrics.html

Tom Petty Lyrics

Free Fallin' Lyrics


She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

[Chorus:]

And I'm free, I'm free fallin'
All the vampires walkin' through the valley
Move west down Ventura Blvd.
And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows
All the good girls are home with broken hearts

[Chorus]

I wanna glide down over Mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
I wanna free fall out into nothin'
Gonna leave this world for awhile