Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ah, Jesus. That was a piece of cake.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001803090000&sid=58623&sn=SYFYHD&st=201002211800&cn=676

Children of Men (2006)

676 SYFYHD: Sunday, February 21 6:00 PM

2006, R, ****, 01:49, Color, English, United States,

When infertility threatens mankind with extinction, a disillusioned bureaucrat (Clive Owen) becomes the unlikely champion in the fight for the survival of Earth's population.

Cast: Clive Owen, Julianne Moore, Michael Caine, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Charlie Hunnam, Danny Huston, Claire-Hope Ashitey, Peter Mullan, Pam Ferris, Maria McErlane, Michael Haughey, Paul Sharma, Philippa Urquhart, Oana Pellea, Ed Westwick Director(s): Alfonso Cuarýn Producer(s): Marc Abraham, Eric Newman, Hilary Shor, Iain Smith Executive Producer(s): Thomas A. Bliss, Armyan Bernstein





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206634/releaseinfo

Release dates for

Children of Men (2006)

Country Date

Italy 3 September 2006 (Venice Film Festival) (premiere)

USA 25 December 2006 (limited)










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_08

Flight of the Intruder


:08:38
Jake, we don't want any more
of this if we can help it.

:08:42
What altitude were you at
when McPherson got hit?

:08:45
300, 500...
something like that.

:08:47
I'd just taken a gun out
with a snake eye.

:08:50
300 or 500?

:08:51
It makes a difference.

:08:53
I don't know.

:08:54
I'm a little shaken up
right now.

:08:55
You're what?

:08:56
I said I'm shaken up, sir.

:08:58
I got Morg's blood all over me.

:09:00
Maybe we can stop the war

:09:02
till things get better then.

:09:03
Nobody asked you to stop
the war, did they?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/22/2006 5:11 PM

After I awoke from a nap this afternoon, I felt compelled to write about a dream I had just before I woke up but then did not write about it. I started feeling that need to write about it again but may have forgotten some details by now. I have started thinking that the dreams I have just before waking up mean something in their own right.

In the dream, I was wearing a Navy uniform. I didn’t have anywhere to go though and seemed to be just walking around what I guess was a Navy installation. I decided to go into a building to ask if another Commander was still there even though I knew he wasn’t there. I spoke to a Navy enlisted person who appeared to be an Airman judging by his three green stripes although I couldn’t make out his rating symbol. He asked me a question but I didn’t hear his question and I asked him to repeat it by saying “Sir?” to him with an inquisitive tone. He asked me how I could not know that the other Commander was already deployed and I said something about how I just did not know. I left and walked down and out on some kind of spiral staircase, although that part isn’t that clear and I find myself wondering about that part. There was another spiral staircase ahead of me, there seemed to be dual staircases on either side of the front door to that building, and a Lt. j.g. came down the other side. I want to say he was someone I should know but I can’t picture him as someone I knew. I want to say it was him that spoke something to me at that point but I also want to say the voice came from behind me. He said, or someone else said, something about me being “a little off.” I wondered if he meant that I was wrong about some of these details. Then I wondered if he meant I was a little crazy, but I think I started thinking that last one after I woke up. I think after he or someone said that, it made me start thinking about the uniform I was wearing. I found myself thinking after I awoke that it seemed to be a Marine Corps officers dress uniform. I seemed to be wearing the dark blue Marine uniform with white pants. But I am confused about one detail as it seemed I looked to my left shoulder and saw Navy shoulder boards with Captain stripes. Or was it just an epaulet, I am not sure, but there was a pair of sunglasses clipped under it. I was walking down the sidewalk and there were two people ahead of me. One may have been that Lt. j.g. Another was a female officer, Navy I guess. Somewhere along there I realized I had forgotten to wear the appropriate cover for that uniform and realized that I was still wearing a ball cap, although I had actually taken it off as I went outside. I realized I couldn’t return anyone’s salute. Then I started thinking that the ball cap had USS Wainwright printed on it but I don’t remember actually looking at it and I may remember that detail in the sense that someone was reading details to me, they were telling me what the name was on the cap. I also remember that it had a frayed bill just like the Nike cap I have now. I remember I was walking very slowly. It was hard to walk and I was limping. I have thought several times before that if I do start wearing the uniform again, I should use a cane until I get my leg back in better shape. Then I was in a parking garage and I had to cross a street into a parking lot, I guess to find my car.

{{{{{










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE:----- Original Message ----

From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:25:22 PM

Subject: Re: Star Trek: TNG: First Contact, Nov. 22, 1996

[ THIRD ENTRY ]
There was that dream I had the other night, where I was inside a missile. I remembered today the similarity with this movie, in that Cochrane converted an ICBM into his warp ship. But why would someone create a connection between me and Cochrane? I didn't create warp drive in the past only to have someone block my memory of that, did I? It's funny, when I read something the other day about Data arguing with Einstein, it reminded me of something I was writing in my journal back in the early '90s. I was wondering why it was impossible to travel faster than the speed of light. A couple years ago I was writing about it again. The idea presented itself to me about why it was impossible, something about atoms not being able to work because electrons could not transfer energy faster than the speed of light. I wondered if it was possible to create some kind of process to transfer energy to those atoms, not unlike a cell's mitochondria works. Today I have been wondering if anything I remember about the past is real. Do I have a different past? Am I really who I think I am? The stuff I imagine happening to me sometimes, did that stuff really happen? I wonder if these movies and tv shows have actually been sort of inoculations, to keep me from questioning my reality. I do question reality sometimes, but it wasn't until I saw that Matrix movie a while back, did I really start to wonder about reality. But it didn't seem to matter, I wasn't overly concerned that I may be living that kind of false reality. I still don't think I am living such an extreme unreality as in the Matrix, but I wonder if there is a divergence point in my life, a shadow, a distorted period. Or have I been living a life like in the movie Soldier, or maybe like in Blade Runner, where Rachael, and I assume Harrison Ford's character, have false memories of their life. Am I Harrison Ford's character in this reality? A replicant searching for
replicants? I haven't been able to follow Battlestar Galactica this past year, but I think that theme is showing up there, with Chief Tyrol.


Kerry Burgess wrote:[ SECOND ENTRY ]
It has something to do with graft. In this movie, the Borg graft skin onto Data, and there is something symbolic to that. I need to watch this again and think more about this. But I suspect this all has been about exposing some kind of graft, perhaps related to defense contracts.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=graft

graft

Unscrupulous use of one's position to derive profit or advantages; extortion
Money or an advantage gained or yielded by unscrupulous means


Kerry Burgess wrote:[ FIRST ENTRY ]
[I found myself thinking about this movie this morning. But I can't now remember details about what I was thinking this morning. It's more of an impression now. I did start thinking later about that part at the beginning where he is dreaming. Wasn't he looking in a mirror when the Borg implants started coming through his skin? And something about the way he knew about the Borg. something, something, something, something, something, something]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_First_Contact

Following the destruction of the USS Enterprise-D in Star Trek: Generations, the bridge crew, with the exception of Worf, were transferred to a new Sovereign class starship, the USS Enterprise-E. Shortly before the beginning of the film, a Borg cube ship has entered Federation space on a course for Earth. However, instead of stationing their most advanced vessel among the fleet assembled to protect Earth, Starfleet has assigned the Enterprise to patrol the Romulan Neutral Zone. Starfleet orders Jean-Luc Picard to do so in case the Romulans decide to take advantage of the situation. However, he is fully aware that the real reason is that, because of Captain Jean-Luc Picard's past experience with the Borg, Starfleet considers him too unstable to lead a ship into battle against them.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, June 12, 2006 1:23:57 PM

Subject: Re: Journal June 12, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.

{{{{{










From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1596 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 9975 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 6/25/1986 ( U.S. President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week 1986 ) is: 9975 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_a_Long_Drive_for_Someone_with_Nothing_to_Think_About

This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Studio album by Modest Mouse

Released April 16, 1996

Track listing

16. "Space Travel Is Boring"










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Revelation/

Literature Network>The Holy Bible>Revelation

Revelation

Revelations


7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/duranduran/rio.html

DURAN DURAN LYRICS

"Rio"


Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise
Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice
With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west
You know you're something special and you look like you're the best
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande
I've seen you on the beach and I've seen you on TV
Two of a billion stars it means so much to me
Like a birthday or a pretty view
But then I'm sure that you know it's just for you
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande
Hey now woo look at that did she nearly run you down
At the end of the drive the lawmen arrive
You make me feel alive, alive alive
I'll take my chance cause luck is on my side or something
I know what you're thinking I tell you something I know what you're thinking
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Just like that river twists across a dusty land
And when she shines she really shows you all she can
Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grand
Her name is Rio she don't need to understand
And I might find her if I'm looking like I can
Oh Rio, Rio hear them shout across the land
From mountains in the north down to the Rio Grande










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Battlestar Galactica (2003) (TV)


Number Six: What are you doing?

Baltar: Phoning my attorney.

Number Six: That won't be necessary.

Baltar: Nah, he'll know what to do. He'll sort this out. He's the best in the business.

Number Six: It won't be necessary










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/nobodyhomelyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

Nobody Home Lyrics


I've got a little black book with my poems in
I've got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone in
I got elastic bands keeping my shoes on
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from
I've got electric light
And I've got second sight
I've got amazing powers of observation










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Battlestar Galactica (2003) (TV)


Number Six: What are you doing?

Baltar: Phoning my attorney.

Number Six: That won't be necessary.










http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0106004/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Frasier" (1993)


[repeated line]

Frasier: I'm listening.