Monday, February 15, 2010

The Martian Chronicles (1980)




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV002619310000&sid=63537&sn=KOMODT2&st=201002151300&cn=114

The Martian Chronicles (1980)

114 KOMODT2: Monday, February 15 1:00 PM

1980, NR, **1/2, 03:20, Color, English, United States, Made for TV

In Ray Bradbury's story, an astronaut makes a journey to Mars to search for the members of two previous expeditions.

Cast: Rock Hudson, Roddy McDowall, Darren McGavin, Gayle Hunnicutt, Bernie Casey, Christopher Connelly Director(s): Michael Anderson





http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0080242/episodes#season-1

Episode list for

"The Martian Chronicles" (1980)


Season 1, Episode 1: The Expeditions

Original Air Date—27 January 1980

Season 1, Episode 2: The Settlers

Original Air Date—28 January 1980

Season 1, Episode 3: The Martians

Original Air Date—29 January 1980










http://www.cswap.com/1994/Star_Trek:_Generations/cap/en/25fps/a/01_27

Star Trek: Generations


1:27:39
What are you talking about?
The future?

1:27:44
This is the past.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Midshipmen_football

Navy Midshipmen football

The Navy Midshipmen football team represent the United States Naval Academy in NCAA Division I-A college football. They are independent (not in a conference).





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078346/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Superman (1978)


Jonathan Kent: [after Clark has beaten Brad's car to the Kent farmhouse... by RUNNING!] Been showing off a bit, haven't you, son?

Young Clark Kent: ...Oh, I didn't mean to show off, Pop. It's just that... well, guys like that Brad, I just wanna... well, I know I shouldn't, but...

Jonathan Kent: I know. You can do all these amazing things, and sometimes you think that you will BURST WIDE OPEN unless you can tell someone about it, don't you?... There's one thing I know for sure, son. And that is, YOU ARE HERE FOR A REASON. I don't know what it is, exactly, but I do know this much: it's NOT to score touchdowns.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_%281978_film%29

Superman (also known as Superman: The Movie) is a 1978 superhero film based on the fictional DC Comics character Superman


Special effects

Young Clark Kent's long-distance football punt was executed courtesy of a cannon placed in the ground.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_goal_%28football%29

Field goal (football)

A field goal (formerly "goal from the field") in U.S. football and Canadian football is a goal that may be scored during general play ("from the field").

A field goal may be scored by a placekick or the very rare drop kick. The ball must pass "through the uprights", that is, over a crossbar that is 10 feet off the ground and between upright posts that are 18 feet 6 inches (5.64 m) apart, to count, and the kick must not be a kickoff or a free kick following a safety. A field goal can still be good even if the ball hits an upright or the crossbar. The rules of the particular sanctioning authority may impose additional requirements. A successful field goal scores three points.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_point

Extra point

In American and Canadian football, the convert, conversion, try, extra point, point after touchdown, point-after try or PAT is the act of lining up to attempt a one-point field goal, immediately following a touchdown. If the kick goes through the uprights, the team gets an additional point for their touchdown, bringing their total for that score from six points to seven.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2006 7:19:09 PM

Subject: Captain's sleep journal. Stardate: Febulousy

Can't remember anything I dreamt of last night. Just a very vague image, no, a memory of seeing an image. I can't remember the image, I just remember that I saw an image. Not sure if that is good or bad. Pretty damn lousy mood though. They keep telling me I going to get to kick the football this time, really, and I keep believing them.

{{{{{










From 7/21/1979 ( my wife Phoebe and I are married ) to 12/11/1997 ( by authority of my discovery by my physical presence at Jupiter moon Callisto in 1976 I approve this date as the official announcement that the Jupiter moon Callisto has oxygen at its surface ) is: 6718 days

6718 = 3359 + 3359

'33-59' ( my birth date US )



From 11/2/1975 ( I launched from Earth by myself to intercept Comet Lucifer in the outer solar system ) to 12/11/1997 ( by authority of my discovery by my physical presence at Jupiter moon Callisto in 1976 I approve this date as the official announcement that the Jupiter moon Callisto has oxygen at its surface ) is: 8075 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 4/12/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the STS-1 Columbia spacecraft as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 8075 days


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1997/12/971211074040.htm

Oxygen Discovered At Callisto's Surface, Sulfur Dioxide Sources At Io

ScienceDaily (Dec. 11, 1997) — New data from a University of Colorado at Boulder instrument on board the Galileo spacecraft now at Jupiter indicates one of its four large moons, Callisto, has oxygen on its surface





http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm?Object=Jup_Callisto

Jupiter: Moons: Callisto

With a diameter of over 4,800 km (2,985 miles), Callisto is the third largest satellite in the solar system and is almost the size of Mercury. Callisto is the outermost of the Galilean satellites, and orbits beyonds Jupiter's main radiation belts.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callisto_%28moon%29

Callisto (moon)

Callisto is a moon of the planet Jupiter, discovered in 1610 by Galileo Galilei. It is the third-largest moon in the Solar System and the second largest in the Jovian system, after Ganymede. Callisto has about 99% the diameter of the planet Mercury





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_evolution

Oxygen evolution

Oxygen evolution is the process of generating molecular oxygen through chemical reaction. Mechanisms of oxygen evolution include the photolysis of water during oxygenic photosynthesis, electrolysis of water into oxygen and hydrogen, and electrocatalytic oxygen evolution from oxides and oxoacids.


Oxygen evolution occurs as a byproduct of hydrogen production via electrolysis of water. While oxygen production is not the main focus of industrial applications of water electrolysis, it becomes essential for life support systems in situations that require the generation of oxygen for air revitalization. Human exploration of regions that lack breathable oxygen, such as the deep sea or outer space, requires means of reliably generating oxygen apart from earth's atmosphere. Submarines and spacecraft utilize either an electrolytic mechanism (water or solid oxide electrolysis) or chemical oxygen generators as part of their life support equipment.










1982 film "An Officer and a Gentleman" DVD movie:

01:13:47


Zack Mayo: Your real father?

Paula Pokrifiki: My real father. I'll show you my real father. Pop.

Zack Mayo: So your real father was an officer's candidate like me?

Paula Pokrifiki: Yeah, about 22 years ago.

Zack Mayo: Jesus. No wonder this guy was looking at me funny.

Paula Pokrifiki: He always looks funny.

Zack Mayo: Look, it's about time I got back to the wars.










http://www.cswap.com/1951/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still/cap/en/25fps/a/01_04

The Day the Earth Stood Still


1:04:15
Before we discuss plans, I want a report
from Colonel Ryder. What about the robot?

1:04:20
When it was discovered
that the robot had moved,

1:04:23
I was directed by the Joint Chiefs
to find a means of immobilizing him.

1:04:27
We accomplished that this morning
by encasing him in a block of KL93,

1:04:31
a new plastic material stronger than steel.

1:04:33
- Isn't it possible he's broken out?
- No, sir. We just checked on that.

1:04:37
- He's locked up tight as a drum.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thu, April 6, 2006 2:45:44 PM

Subject: Re: Imaginary friend

I was disappointed I got only an hour of my imaginary girlfriend this morning. The previous 3 days of 4 hours was spoiling me.

Damn I am one bored loser homeless guy.

I literally almost expect someone to stab me in the back with a knife when someone walks behind me on the street. I don't know why that has started bothering me. I feel like my thought processes are still pretty normal, but I do think about a lot of stuff, got nothing else to do.

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, June 12, 2006 1:23:57 PM

Subject: Re: Journal June 12, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

Early this morning, I suffered through about the first half-hour of Fast Times At Ridgemont High until I got bored and changed it.

{{{{{





From 7/21/1987 ( formal wedding ceremony for my wife Phoebe and me ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 3192 days

3192 = 1596 + 1596

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) is: 1596 days



From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 spacecraft astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) to 4/16/1996 ( Modest Mouse "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" ) is: 9975 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 6/25/1986 ( U.S. President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5506—National Homelessness Awareness Week 1986 ) is: 9975 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_a_Long_Drive_for_Someone_with_Nothing_to_Think_About

This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About

Studio album by Modest Mouse

Released April 16, 1996

Track listing

16. "Space Travel Is Boring"





http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/modestmouse/spacetravelisboring.html

MODEST MOUSE LYRICS

"Space Travel Is Boring"

Won herself a pass to some far off moon
It was second class but what's to lose
And looking out her window she could more than assume
That you can't see air or time
She's the only rocketeer in the whole damn place
They gave her a mirror so she could talk to a face
She still got plenty lonely but that's just the case
With time, time, time
Started hearing voices sometime in June
She knew she could go crazy but didn't think that soon
Now she doesn't feel lonely but she'd just as soon
Try, try, try try
Man shot to the moon
I read a paperback and want to come home soon
I'm shot to the moon
Been there a half an hour, I want to come home soon





http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Revelation/

Literature Network>The Holy Bible>Revelation

Revelation

Revelations


7:13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.