Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Space: Above And Beyond" "The Angriest Angel" (1996)




2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:17:20


Klaatu: You're afraid you're going to be left alone.

Jacob Benson: I already am alone. Helen's just someone that was stuck with me when my dad died. You know? Oh. I forgot. You're an alien. You don't understand anything.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess
To: Kerry Burgess
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:11:36 PM
Subject: Journal May 25, 2006


I'm feeling more comfortable, confident even, that this stuff I am remembering is true. There is still something I am missing though. I suspect that it is something I have to figure out, to remember, to recognize, on my own. It is something I will know when I see. For a while, sometime ago, I was thinking to myself something about how this wasn't over til "the bat lady sings," but I don't know what that means precisely, other than a variation of the well-known phrase. I feel the answer is somewhere in my memory, if I could just grasp it. I felt like I almost remembered something last night, something I wrote more about in my notes, but not sure if I will put it in here. I can't remember that thought now, but it was some kind of family choice, and that half-remembered choice was reflected in something later, but I can't remember.

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/quotes

Memorable quotes for

I Am Legend (2007)


Neville: Day one thousand and one. We came in close contact with a hive today. Blood tests confirm that I remain immune to both the airborne and contact strains. Canines remain immune to airborne strain only. The vaccine trials continue. I'm still unable to transfer my immunity to infected hosts. The Krippen Virus is... elegant.

Neville: Just fishin' in the dark, son.










}}}}}JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/15/07 5:16 PM
From 8/12/1910 ( Jane Wyatt ) to 1/5/1917 ( Jane Wyman ) is: 334 weeks

'33-34'

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943553/

Jane Wyatt
Date of Birth: 12 August 1910
"Star Trek" .... Amanda




http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943837/

Jane Wyman

Date of Birth: 5 January 1917

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/15/07 5:25 PM
from 1/29/1964 to the day before that 11/17/1967 episode Jane Wyatt was in was 4 days, 41 weeks, 3 years, making me wonder if the objective was '4413'.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/15/07 5:38 PM
Now here's a good one.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/15/07 5:42 PM
Or not.

I need to fix my program. Piece of crap.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/15/07 5:46 PM
Leonard Nimoy was 44 years, 43 weeks, old on 1/21/1976. I'm not certain if that was the original objective for casting him though. I have been pondering over how he was 34 years, 5 months, 9 days, old on 9/2/1965. It's not precise but maybe there is something I don't remember yet.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/15/07 5:52 PM
The final episode of the original "Star Trek" series seems to be 33 weeks, 4 days, after Apollo 7 launched.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1951/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still/cap/en/25fps/a/00_46

The Day the Earth Stood Still


:46:20
All you have to remember is first find
the common denominator, and then divide.

:46:24
Thanks, Mr. Carpenter.

:46:28
- I'll say good night again.
- Mr. Carpenter...

:46:30
I...

:46:34
- Good night.
- Good night, Mrs. Benson.

:46:38
- Bed now. You can finish that
in the morning. - OK.

:46:45
Bobby.

:46:48
I think it would be better if we didn't see
quite so much of Mr. Carpenter.

:46:52
Gee, why, Mom? He's my best friend,
and he's awful good in arithmetic.

:46:56
He even helps Professor Barnhardt.

:46:59
Did you really go to see Professor Barnhardt?

:47:01
Sure we did. He wasn't there,
but we went to see him.

:47:04
And Mr. Carpenter showed him
how to do his arithmetic.










http://www.cswap.com/1981/Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_43

Raiders of the Lost Ark


:43:17
Jones, do you realize what the Ark is?

:43:21
It's a transmitter. It's a radio for speaking to God.

:43:25
And it's within my reach.

:43:29
You want to talk to God?

:43:32
Let's go see him together.
I've got nothing better to do!










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:26:25


Jacob Benson: It's not fair.

Dr. Helen Benson: No. No, it isn't fair.

Jacob Benson: He left me alone.

Dr. Helen Benson: Oh, baby. You're not alone. And he didn't leave you. I see him in you all the time. All the time. Sometimes, it's hard for me to bear.

Jacob Benson: You miss him too?

Dr. Helen Benson: So much. I'm sorry.

Jacob Benson: I'm sorry.

Dr. Helen Benson: Okay. It's all right. He's here to help.

Klaatu: There's another side to you. I feel it now.

Dr. Helen Benson: Is that how it ends?

Klaatu: Yes.

Dr. Helen Benson: You can't stop it?

Klaatu: I don't know. It would come at a price... to you and your way of life.

Dr. Helen Benson: But we can change. You know that now. Please. Please, just give us a chance.










http://www.cswap.com/1989/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Last_Crusade/cap/en/25fps/a/00_38

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade


:38:43
The secret of the Grail
has been safe for a thousand years.

:38:48
All that time, the Brotherhood
of the Cruciform Sword

:38:51
have been prepared to do anything
to keep it safe.

:38:57
Let me off at this jetty.

:39:02
Ask yourself,
why do you seek the Cup of Christ?

:39:07
Is it for His glory...or for yours?

:39:11
I didn't come for the Cup of Christ,
I came to find my father.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:22:33


Jacob Benson: It doesn't work.

Klaatu: Go ahead.

Jacob Benson: [telephone] It's me. Are you okay? I'm fine. He's right here. She wants to talk to you.

Klaatu: [telephone] Yes. I need to get back to the city. Yes.

Jacob Benson: Tell her I know where we can meet her.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Grandma: You awful, awful man! Get out of my son's grave.

Homer: I hate to rain on your parade, Lady, but this is _my_ grave -- hey, wait a minute. Mom?

Grandma: Homer?

[they look at each other]

Homer: I thought you were dead!

Grandma: I thought _you_ were dead!










http://www.cswap.com/1981/Raiders_of_the_Lost_Ark/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_20

Raiders of the Lost Ark


:20:04
The Ark of the Covenant.

:20:06
Nothing else has come close.

:20:09
That thing represents everything we got
into archaeology for in the first place.

:20:16
You know, five years ago
I would have gone after it myself.

:20:19
I'm really rather envious.

:20:21
I've got to locate Abner.

:20:23
I think I know where to start.

:20:29
Will she still be with him?

:20:31
Possibly.

:20:33
Marion is the least of your worries
right now, believe me Indy.

:20:37
What do you mean?

:20:39
Well, I mean, for nearly three thousand years,
man has been searching for the lost Ark.

:20:46
That's not something to be taken lightly.

:20:49
No one knows its secrets.

:20:53
It's like nothing you've ever gone after before.

:20:57
Oh, Marcus, what are you trying to do,
Scare me? You sound like my mother.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092007/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)


Kirk: Our mission? Spock, you're talking about the end of every life on Earth! You're half human... haven't you got any god damn feelings about THAT?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087583/

Lace (1984) (TV)

Release Date: 26 February 1984 (USA)

Tagline: Which one of you bitches is my mother?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sat, May 20, 2006 1:38:07 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 20, 2006


Something is there, something. It is like a shadow. Or something you glimpse in the corner of your eye. It is familar unfamilarity that appears then disappears.


Kerry Burgess wrote:
In that movie Mission To Mars, there is that part where the second team arrive on Mars. The guy that survived for months there alone has lost it to some degree. The woman who lost her husband explains that extended periods of low-gravity can have that effect on the brain. As I write this, I almost feel like something is figuratively tugging at my mind.

{{{{{









2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:16:54


Secretary of Defense Regina Jackson: What makes you think he'll listen to you?

Dr. Helen Benson: I don't know that he will. But I think he trusts me, and I don't think he wants to do this.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: ----- Original Message ----
From: Kerry Burgess
To: fbise@leo.gov
Cc: inspector.general@usdoj.gov; hotline@dodig.mil; NAVIGHotlines@navy.mil
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:18:20 AM
Subject: Re: Seattle FBI

So what's next, chump?


Are you going to stand up to a real officer of the United States of America or are you just going to keep tiptoeing around me like the pack of cowardly jackals and hyenas you are?


I have been 100% deployed on this official United States federal assignment for 10 years - that you have seriously interfered with - and you think you can just walk away from your treasonous activities?


You have provided material support to an insurrection against the United States of America and the Bill Gates-sponsored War On Heroism and you think there are not going to be serious repercussions to you?


You should not have made me make you surrender unconditionally.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Star_Trek:_First_Contact/cap/en/25fps/a/01_16

Star Trek: First Contact


1:16:40

- I don't have time for this.

1:16:45
I didn't mean to interrupt your quest.

1:16:48
Capt Ahab has to go hunt his whale.

1:16:54
- What?
- You do have books in the future?

1:16:59
This is about saving humanity.

1:17:02
- Blow up the damn ship!
- No!

1:17:20
I will not sacrifice the Enterprise.

1:17:23
We've made
too many compromises already.

1:17:28
They invade our space,
and we fall back.

1:17:32
They assimilate entire worlds,
and we fall back.

1:17:36
Not again. The line must be drawn here.
This far and no further.

1:17:43
And I will make them pay
for what they've done.










"Space: Above And Beyond"

"The Angriest Angel"

February 11, 1996

Episode 15 DVD:

00:09:47


Lt. Colonel T.C. McQueen: "Looking darkly upon Hektor swift-footed Achilleus answered 'I cannot forgive you. As there are no trustworthy oaths between men and lions there can be no love between you and me. One of the other must fall before then to glut with his blood, Ares, the god who fights under the shields guard. Remember every valor of yours for now the need comes hardest upon you to be a spearman and a bold warrior. There shall be no escape for you. You will pay in a lump

{{{{{










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=43942&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Proclamation 4848—National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, 1981

June 12th, 1981

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

Throughout American history our prisoners of war have been called upon to make uncommon sacrifices. In fulfilling their duty as citizens of the United States they have defended American ideals while suffering unimaginable indignities under the absolute control of the enemy. They remained steadfast even while their treatment contravened international understandings and violated elementary consideration of compassion and morality.

All Americans ought to recognize the special debt we owe to our fellow citizens who, in the act of serving our Nation, relinquished their freedom that we might enjoy the blessings of peace and liberty. Likewise, we must remember the unresolved casualties of war—our servicemen who are still missing. The pain and bitterness of war endure for their families, relatives and friends—and for all of us. Our Nation will continue to seek answers to the many questions that remain about their fate.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Friday, July 17, 1981, as National P.O.W.-M.I.A. Recognition Day, a day dedicated to all former American prisoners of war, to those still missing, and to their families. I urge all Americans to join in honoring those who made the uncommon sacrifice of being held captive in war, and to honor as well their loved ones who have also suffered valiantly and patiently. I also call on appropriate officials of the Federal, State and local governments, as well as private organizations, to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twelfth day of June, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-one, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fifth.

RONALD REAGAN










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Battlestar Galactica (2003) (TV)


[his decommissioning speech]

Adama: The Cylon War is long over, yet we must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom. The cost of wearing the uniform can be high, but...

[very long pause]

Adama: sometimes it's too high. You know, when we fought the Cylons, we did it to save ourselves from extinction. But we never answered the question "Why?" Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder because of greed and spite, jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done, like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play God, create life. And when that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.










http://www.cswap.com/1984/Star_Trek_III:_The_Search_for_Spock/cap/en/25fps/a/00_30

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock


:30:16
No, absolutely not, Jim.
You're my best officer.

:30:19
But I am Commander, Starfleet,
so I don't break rules.

:30:22
Don't quote rules to me. I'm talking
about loyalty and sacrifice.

:30:27
One man who's died for us, another
with deep emotional problems.

:30:32
This business
about Spock and McCoy...

:30:35
Honestly, I never understood
Vulcan mysticism.

:30:39
You don't have to believe.
I'm not even sure that I believe.

:30:43
But if there's even a chance
that Spock has an eternal soul...

:30:48
- ..then it's my responsibility.
- Yours?

:30:52
As surely as if it were my very own.

:30:57
Give me backthe Enterprise.
With Scotty's help I could...

:31:00
The Enterprise would never stand
the pounding, and you know it!

:31:04
- Then I'll hire a ship.
- Out of the question, my friend.

:31:08
The Council has ordered that no one
but the science team goes to Genesis.

:31:13
Your life and your career stand for
rationality, not intellectual chaos.

:31:20
Keep up this emotional behaviour
and you'll lose everything.

:31:23
You'll destroy yourself.
Do you understand me, Jim?

:31:29
I hear you.

:31:32
I had to try.

:31:34
Of course.

:31:36
- Thanks for the drink.
- Any time.

:31:44
- The word, sir?.
- The word...

:31:47
..is no.
I am therefore going anyway.

:31:50
- You can count on our help, sir.
- Shall I alert Dr McCoy?.

:31:54
Please. He has a long journey
ahead of him.










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/pigsonthewingpartonelyrics.html

Pink Floyd

Pigs On The Wing (Part One) Lyrics

If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.