Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Wolverines!




http://www.cswap.com/1984/Red_Dawn/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_48

Red Dawn


:48:25
What is a "Wolverine"?

:48:27
A small animal...like a badger,
but terribly ferocious.










From 11/15/1966 ( Gemini 12 spacecraft splashdown and I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut returning from orbit of planet Earth ) to 8/10/1984 ( premiere US film "Red Dawn" ) is: 6478 days

From 3/3/1959 ( my birth date US ) to 11/26/1976 ( my first landing Jupiter moon Callisto ) is: 6478 days



From 11/11/1966 ( I was Gemini 12 spacecraft astronaut entering orbit of planet Earth ) to 8/10/1984 ( premiere US film "Red Dawn" ) is: 6482 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) to 4/14/1981 ( I was the commander aboard the United States STS-1 Columbia spacecraft as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan US Navy ) is: 6482 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/

Red Dawn (1984)

Release Date: 10 August 1984 (USA)

Tagline: A full scale military invasion by foreign troops begins. Total surprise. Almost total success

Plot: It is the dawn of World War III. In mid-western America, a group of teenagers bands together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

Powers Boothe ... Andy










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


Grandma: You awful, awful man! Get out of my son's grave.

Homer: I hate to rain on your parade, Lady, but this is _my_ grave -- hey, wait a minute. Mom?

Grandma: Homer?

[they look at each other]

Homer: I thought you were dead!

Grandma: I thought _you_ were dead!










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chevron

chevron


a pattern consisting of adjoining vertical rows of slanting lines, any two contiguous lines forming either a V or an inverted V










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


The front door is now surrounded with flowers and wreaths. Once again the doorbell rings, and Marge answers it.

Marge: A tombstone?!

Patty: It came with the burial plot, but that's not important: the important thing is, Homer's dead.

Selma: We've been saving for this since your wedding day.

Marge: Get out of here, you ghouls! [shuts door] Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi. [the power goes off] Huh? [Marge goes to window, sees a man cutting the lines] Uh, excuse me! Sir? I think there's been a mistake.

Workman: Oh, no, no mistake. Your electricity's in the name of Homer J. Simpson, deceased. The juice stays off until you get a job or a generator. Oh, and, uh, my deepest sympathies. [Marge shuts the window and grunts]

Marge: Homer?

Homer: [walking in] That's my name.

Marge: When I asked you if that dummy was to fake your own death, you told me no. You go downtown first thing in the morning and straighten this out.

Lisa: {Mom! Dad! Bart ran into a doorframe and bit his tongue.}

Bart: {[lisping] What the hell's going on heah?}

-- It's just Homer faking his own death again, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes off to the Springfield Hall of Records to talk to the bureaucrats.

Homer: Listen here: my name is Homer J. Simpson. You guys think I'm dead, but I'm not. Now I want you to straighten this out without a lot of your bureaucratic red tape and mumbo-jumbo!

Bureaucrat: [typing] OK, Mr. Simpson, I'll just make the change here... and you're all set.

Homer: I don't like your attitude, you water-cooler dictator. What do you have in that secret government file anyway? I have a right to read it.

Bureaucrat: [spinning monitor around] You sure do.

Homer: [reading] "Wife: Marjorie. Children: Bartholomew, Lisa" -- aha! See? This thing is all screwed up! Who the heck is Margaret Simpson?

Bureaucrat: Uh, your youngest daughter.

Homer: [mocking] "Uh, your youngest daughter". Well how about this? This thing says my mother's still alive; she died when I was a kid! [goes to window] See that stone angel up there? That's my mother's grave. My dad points it out every time we drive by.

Bureaucrat: Mr. Simpson, uh...maybe you should actually go up there.

-- A new idea, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes up and brushes the foliage out of the way of the inscription on the tombstone.

Homer: Mom, I'm sorry I never come to see you. I'm just not a cemetery person. "Here lies" -- Walt Whitman?! Aargh! Damn you, Walt Whitman! [kicking grave] I! Hate! You! Walt! Freaking! Whitman!










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:01:12


Klaatu: I need to get back to the city.

Dr. Helen Benson: Not until you tell me what's going on.

Jacob Benson: Did you do that?

Klaatu: Yes.

Dr. Helen Benson: Jacob, get in the car.

Jacob Benson: He's one of them.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291175/

"The Simpsons"

Lost Verizon (2008)

Original Air Date: 5 October 2008 (Season 20, Episode 2)





http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291175/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"The Simpsons"

Lost Verizon (2008)


[Bart is at Lisa's tea party]

Bart Simpson: I don't know why I agreed to this.

Lisa Simpson: Because you like the taste of my imaginary tea.

Bart Simpson: Oh, you're right.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256303/

"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service"

Collateral Damage (2008)

Original Air Date: 11 November 2008 (Season 6, Episode 7)

Plot: A bank at Quantico is robbed. As the team investigates they find that money may not have been the main objective. They must determine what the robbers were really after. Gibbs is asked to evaluate a new agent by the Director.

Rey Valentin ... Dwayne Wilson



http://www.tv.com/ncis/collateral-damage/episode/1235871/trivia.html

NCIS

Season 6, Episode 7

Collateral Damage

Air Date

Tuesday November 11, 2008

Quotes

Tony: So why an NCIS agent?

Wilson: To protect and serve my country.

(Tony laughs)

Tony: Come on. Dwayne, I'm trained in the art of extracting the truth. You can't snow me.

Wilson: I can't?

Tony: No. You can't.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Release Date: 12 December 2008 (USA)










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/W/War_of_the_Worlds_The_(1953).html

Subtitles for War of the Worlds The (1953).


There was a girl with them. If I could find her ...

- She's kind of lost. - You look kind of lost yourself.

- But I think I know where she'll be.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Mountains

Green Mountains

The Green Mountains are a mountain range in the U.S. state of Vermont.


Vermont not only takes its state nickname ("The Green Mountain State") from the mountains, it is named after them. The French Verts Monts is literally translated as Green Mountains.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_green_men

Little green men

Little green men are the stereotypical portrayal of extraterrestrials as little humanoid-like creatures with green skin and antennae on their heads.


During the flying saucer sightings in the 1950s, the term little green men came into popular usage in reference to aliens. In one classic case, the Kelly-Hopkinsville sighting on August 21, 1955, two rural Kentucky men described a supposed encounter with 3-4 foot tall greenish, somewhat humanoid-looking aliens. Many newspaper articles used the term little green men in writing up the story.

Usage of the term clearly predates the 1955 incident, though exactly when it first got applied to aliens in flying saucers or aliens in general has been difficult to pin down. Folklore researcher Chris Aubeck has used electronic searches of old newspapers and found a number of instances dating from around the turn of the 20th Century referring to green aliens. Aubeck found one story from 1899 in the Atlanta Constitution about a little, green-skinned alien, in a tale called Green Boy From Hurrah, "Hurrah" being another planet, perhaps Mars. Edgar Rice Burroughs referred to the "green men of Mars" and "green Martian women" in his first 1906 science fiction novel A Princess of Mars.










http://www.cswap.com/1990/Gremlins_2:_The_New_Batch/cap/en/25fps/a/00_35

Gremlins 2: The New Batch


:35:48
What happened to you?

:35:50
How was your meeting?

:35:52
It was fine. Where's Gizmo?

:35:55
- He's in the kitchen.
- Great. Did you feed him?

:35:59
- Sort of.










http://www.cswap.com/1984/Gremlins/cap/en/25fps/a/01_20

Gremlins


1:20:49
What are they doing?

1:20:52
They're watching Snow White.

1:20:55
And they love it.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Star Trek: First Contact (1996)


Emergency Medical Hologram: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

Dr. Beverly Crusher: Twenty Borg are about to break through that door. We need time to get out of here! Create a diversion!

Emergency Medical Hologram: This isn't part of my program! I'm a doctor, not a doorstop.

Dr. Beverly Crusher: Well, do a dance! Tell a story! I don't care! Just give us a few seconds!










http://www.cswap.com/1983/Superman_III/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_25

Superman III


:25:59
HEY! HEY!

:26:09
JUST LEAVE
HIM ALONE.

:26:32
I CAN'T GET THROUGH.

:26:33
THERE'S SOMETHING
HAPPENING.

:26:35
LOOK!
SUPERMAN'S DRUNK!

:26:36
I WANT TO SEE
WHAT'S HAPPENING.










2008 film "The Happening" DVD movie:

00:46:20


Woman in group: Are those people killing themselves?

Mr. Collins - Realtor: You were with the Private. What do we do?

Alma Moore: We need to do something.

Elliot Moore: Just let me think.

Large woman in group: They're dying.

Elliot Moore: I need a second.

Mr. Collins - Realtor: They released it? We're not near the roads.

Alma Moore: We can't just stand here as uninvolved observers.

Elliot Moore: I need a second, okay? Just give me a second.

Alma Moore: We're not gonna be one of those assholes on the news who watches a crime happen and not do something. We're not assholes.










http://www.cswap.com/1983/Superman_III/cap/en/2_Parts/b/00_10

Superman III


:10:00
I'LL TELL HIM.
BYE-BYE.

:10:02
THAT WAS MY
FRIEND BETTY.

:10:04
THERE'S BEEN AN ACCIDENT.

:10:07
A TRUCK CRASHED
THROUGH THE RIVER BRIDGE.

:10:09
IT'S HANGING OFF
THE SIDE OF THE BRIDGE,

:10:10
AND THE DRIVER'S
STILL IN THE CAB.

:10:12
I HATE TO RUSH YOU.

:10:15
THERE'S NO RUSH.

:10:16
BUT THE BRIDGE.

:10:19
I ALWAYS GET
THERE ON TIME.

:10:21
LET'S RELAX.

:10:35
IT'S UNUSUAL FINDING
A GOOD-LOOKING GIRL

:10:38
LIKE YOU
ALONE LIKE THIS.

:10:48
LISTEN, UM...

:10:50
SHOULDN'T YOU
DO SOMETHING

:10:53
ABOUT THE BRIDGE?

:10:54
WHAT BRIDGE?










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Red Dawn (1984)


The Colonel: All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.

Robert: It keeps me warm.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0781977/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"The Simpsons"

Bart the Mother (1998)


Bart Simpson: [Bart has raised lizard eggs, but they are to be destroyed] Everyone thinks they're monsters, but I raised them, and I love them! I know that's hard to understand.

Marge Simpson: Mmm...... Not as hard as you think.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/W/War_of_the_Worlds_The_(1953).html

Subtitles for War of the Worlds The (1953).


Here comes another truck!

Throw that guy off there!

Stop, you fools!

You fools!

- Quick, we've got to stop them! - The law's no good here now.

It's like this all over.

They must be stopped. The instruments!

Hold it a minute!

We've got to have those instruments. They're our only chance!

Did they grab the trucks ahead of me? Did you see the Pacific Tech people?

I don't know. There's fighting all over.

- Did they get the school bus? - If they saw it, they took it.

You can't buy a ride for love or money!

Gratzman! Bilderbeck!

Sylvia!

- Hey, you better get out of here! - I'm looking for Pacific Tech people.

- There's nobody left around here now. - We could have stopped them.

The mob stole the trucks and smashed everything. They cut their own throats!

He's nuts ... Come on, jump in.

Hurry up. Jump in!