Sunday, April 17, 2011

1990 Mazda RX-7




I was looking around for a photo illustration of the 1990 Mazda RX-7 but I never did see one I wanted to reference.

God, how I loved - love - that car.

I was aware - in the context of my artificial memory - of how that design of Mazda RX-7 that is specific to 1990 and 1991, which also includes the model years 1998 and 1989, but that I recognize as 1990 and 1991, was a knockoff of a model of the Porsche manufacturer but when I look at photos of those models I do not see that resemblance.

I don't know what a Porsche costs but I am aware it costs a lot more than that 1990 Mazda RX-7 I "remember" owning.

I am certain the Porsche was also a great deal more of a high-performance automobile but I didn't care. I loved that car.

Did the real Kerry Burgess ever own that 1990 Mazda RX-7? I don't know. All I remember is that the Hurricane Hugo drowned and thus destroyed his 1986.5 Nissan XP pickup and when he was discharged from the United States Navy soon after returning from a deployment to the Mediterranean he purchased a used late model Honda Civic and I don't know if my "memory" is correct that he traded that Honda Civic in 1991 for that used 1990 Mazda RX-7.

How I would love to have another one of those 1990 Mazda RX-7.

When was that I purchased that other used Mazda RX-7? That must have been a 1990 model because I wasn't interested in the pre-1990's. That must have been 1999 or 2000 that I purchased one from a local dealer in Bellevue Washington. The only one I saw was blue color and it wasn't didn't have all the nice features my red one had, such as the power sunroof or the stereo system, but still, it had that feel. I enjoyed having it.

That was the car that I had in that apartment in Bellevue Washington where I walked down to the parking lot one day and it was gone from my parking spot. Now that I think about it, why was I going down there because the motor had quit starting now too much earlier? Now I recall: I had visitors coming in to stay at my apartment with me and I had rented a car to drive them around in while they were there. Even if that car had been running it was only a two-seater and I had three women staying in my apartment and I was going to move my Mazda RX-7 to another parking spot so I could park the rented car in my assigned parking spot that was close to the elevator.

I have thought recently about those visitors. I thought also about my trip back to Ashdown in 1999 for a funeral and the comments I heard people make.

In 1999, I was indistinguishable from the real Kerry Burgess though.

What I wonder about is about how Tom Reagan was pretending to be Kerry Burgess from 1995 to 1997.