Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Future.




I am pretty certain I went to see that film in the theatre when it premiered although I cannot recall specifically going to see it in the theatre although I feel certain I went to see it in theatre, especially because that was in late 2002 and I recall that I was feeling especially nostalgic for my service in the United States Navy back in 2002.

As I watched it again tonight under the not-so-free free movies section of Comcast On Demand cable television service, I was thinking of how that one actor portraying a US Navy Ensign reminds me in appearance of someone I have been thinking for a while that was a person I knew personally that was communist sympathizer.

The music channel of the Comcast On Demand has really been great tonight as I listen to the Classic Alternative channel 917. I have really enjoyed the songs I have heard tonight on that channel. For a long time I listed to Classic Rock on channel 912 but I started to think they have a tape that is only about 12 hours long of songs and they play that twelve hour over and over and over again.

Those communist sympathizers, of which this region of the country is crawling with, because this was supposed to be some kind of break-away region of criminal succession against the United States of America, are a slimy bunch and especially slimy are the ones who were and are serving in the United States Navy, of which, below me, the United States Navy is currently infested with Al Qaida sympathizers, such as the severely treasonous Joints Chiefs of Staff, of who I cannot recall his name right now. There is also that coward who is, or was, the commandant of the US Marine Corps, but I also cannot recall his name right now. Must be because I am close to finishing off a twelve pack of Corona Extras.

Lately I have been again thinking of the future. I have been thinking my future is based on my exploration of unknown regions of the universe. I think extensively of details associated with that line of thought. I think of Tom Reagan finally returning and I think that my brother Tom and I will not actually meet because about one or two days before he leaves my super-advance starship will arrive and on that starship I will travel one hundred million *light-years* away from this region of space for each period time that I would count as one year. After I travel for ten years or so then I will start to explore and to record details of the lifeforms I see around me at what ever point I stop.

Tom and I use advanced technology to keep in contact but in past few days I have started thinking that if we inhabit the same physical space then that brings out a competitive spirit in both of us and especially in him for reasons that are obvious to me and that is essentially the basis for the life of Kerry Burgess, at least through the year 1990.

I was also thinking that after I leave here that I would immediately start traveling backwards in time and that, of course, is when I first actually meet Tom Reagan. But then I think about how I am the recipient of advanced technology. I could live for a thousand more years before I start time traveling backwards. The specific time in *my* future is irrelevant in terms of when I actually start to time travel backwards.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps

United States Marine Corps

The United States Marine Corps (USMC) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel

Colonel

In the United States Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps, colonel is a senior field grade military officer rank just above the rank of lieutenant colonel and just below the rank of brigadier general. It is equivalent to the rank of captain in the other uniformed services–the Navy










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Saturday, March 26, 2011 Posted by H.V.O.M at 11:30 PM


Seems to be ten years since I last watched this; but what? Three years?





WHO WOULD NOT want to be married to Phoebe Cates!

I am still going to have to start time traveling backwards through time and it is not damn likely I can take a wife with me. That's a lousy occupation.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000113020000&sid=60046&sn=VH1HD&st=201103262230&cn=687

excite

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

687 VH1HD: Saturday, March 26 10:30 PM

1982, R, **1/2, 01:30, Color, English, United States,

The teen scene includes a party-animal surfer (Sean Penn), a pregnant girl (Jennifer Jason Leigh) and a fast-food worker (Judge Reinhold).

Cast: Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Robert Romanus, Brian Backer, Phoebe Cates, Ray Walston, Scott Thomson, Vincent Schiavelli, Amanda Wyss, D.W. Brown, Forest Whitaker, Kelli Maroney, Tom Nolan, Blair Ashleigh, Eric Stoltz, Stanley Davis Jr., James Russo, James Bershad Director(s): Amy Heckerling Producer(s): Art Linson, Irving Azoff










http://www.cswap.com/1982/Fast_Times_at_Ridgemont_High/cap/en/25fps/a/00_25

Fast Times at Ridgemont High


:25:31
- All right! Play me?
- Totally.

:25:33
You got quarters?

:25:39
When are those Earth, Wind and Fire
tickets comin' in?

:25:41
Earth, Wind and Fire?
Geez, I haven't heard anything.

:25:44
The minute I do,
I'll let you know.

:25:46
I'm plannin' on taking
my little brother over here.

:25:49
Is that your little brother?
He's a good-lookin' kid.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 26 March 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/04/09 3:52 PM
As I watch this now on television, there are two details that remind me of thoughts I had several weeks ago as I was one day trying to fall asleep. The two details are specifically about a portal that appeared in my room which is one detail and the other detail was that there was some kind of voice alert from the portal informing me that the portal would disappear after a few seconds. I wonder now as I write this whether that line of thought happened more than once over a span of more than one day but I am not certain and it might have been just that one time as I was trying to fall asleep. The notion of the portal comes to mind a lot but this particular time seems the most relevant to this scene from the 1988 film "They Live" and that seems important in itself. The reason I wonder if it happened on more than that one time is because I remember a variation occurring as I pondered over it. So anyway, the last time I remember thinking about it was with that variation and the variation was simply that I had maybe 2 seconds to jump up out of bed and I only had to touch the portal instead of the original line of thought of where I had to have my body physically within the boundaries of the portal.




http://www.cswap.com/1988/They_Live/cap/en/25fps/a/01_13

They Live


1:13:01
- What was that?
- I don't know.

1:13:08
Your wristwatch has malfunctioned.
This entryway will disappear ...

1:13:15
Move! Down there!

1:13:19
Seven seconds.
Six seconds.

1:13:27
Two seconds.
One second.

1:13:33
If you need assistance
in finding your destination, -

1:13:36
- bilingual instructions
are posted in each corridor.

1:13:43
- What language is that?
- I don't know.

1:13:47
- Where are we?
- I think we're under the city.

1:13:51
Some kind of underground base.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 4 October 2009 excerpt ends]










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38671

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Address at the United States Naval Academy Commencement Exercises in Annapolis, Maryland

May 22nd, 1985


And as obvious as that is, it's not always appreciated. There's a story about John Paul Jones' chief gunners mate. It was during the gore and thunder of that most historic battle. He was loading and firing cannon and carrying the wounded to the medical officer, cutting away the tangled rigging. And apparently in the midst of that first fight, John Paul Jones went below momentarily and changed into a new uniform. And as he emerged on deck a voice rang out through the smoke and fire—it was the British captain asking, "Have you struck your colors?" And the gunners mate, sweat and blood dripping from his body, turned and saw Jones now in his fresh uniform reply: "I have not yet begun to fight." And the gunners mate said, "There's always somebody who didn't get the word."

Now, my chief of staff, Don Regan, is a marine, and he keeps telling me that story's incorrect—that it was a marine in the rigging and not the gunners mate that said that.










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)


The Terminator: Come with me if you want to live!


[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States federal government actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States federal government with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/22/2006 5:11 PM

After I awoke from a nap this afternoon, I felt compelled to write about a dream I had just before I woke up but then did not write about it. I started feeling that need to write about it again but may have forgotten some details by now. I have started thinking that the dreams I have just before waking up mean something in their own right.

In the dream, I was wearing a Navy uniform. I didn’t have anywhere to go though and seemed to be just walking around what I guess was a Navy installation. I decided to go into a building to ask if another Commander was still there even though I knew he wasn’t there. I spoke to a Navy enlisted person who appeared to be an Airman judging by his three green stripes although I couldn’t make out his rating symbol. He asked me a question but I didn’t hear his question and I asked him to repeat it by saying “Sir?” to him with an inquisitive tone. He asked me how I could not know that the other Commander was already deployed and I said something about how I just did not know. I left and walked down and out on some kind of spiral staircase, although that part isn’t that clear and I find myself wondering about that part. There was another spiral staircase ahead of me, there seemed to be dual staircases on either side of the front door to that building, and a Lt. j.g. came down the other side. I want to say he was someone I should know but I can’t picture him as someone I knew. I want to say it was him that spoke something to me at that point but I also want to say the voice came from behind me. He said, or someone else said, something about me being “a little off.” I wondered if he meant that I was wrong about some of these details. Then I wondered if he meant I was a little crazy, but I think I started thinking that last one after I woke up. I think after he or someone said that, it made me start thinking about the uniform I was wearing. I found myself thinking after I awoke that it seemed to be a Marine Corps officers dress uniform. I seemed to be wearing the dark blue Marine uniform with white pants.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 September 2006 excerpt ends]