Saturday, April 30, 2011

McAlester




I dreamed last night of a place we lived in McAlester Oklahoma. That must have been the early 1970's. In the context of my artificial memory, my mother remarried to a former United States Marine Corps enlisted serviceman and then he reenlisted into active service and we moved to McAlester Oklahoma where, as I recall, he was stationed at the munitions depot that is near that town. I don't recall if we went there first or if we first went to the El Toro base where he was also assigned by the United States Marine Corps. I think we went there after McAlester. Now I remember. I was in the second grade. I remember that I went to the first grade in De Queen Arkansas, and she was married to him then, and then I went to the second grade in McAlester although I cannot actually recall that part. Maybe we were only there during the summer. I do remember going to the second grade in Santa Ana California but I was only there a short time because I also went to the second grade in Antlers Oklahoma but then we must have moved back to De Queen Arkansas because I think I went to part of the second grade there but I am not certain. I am pretty certain what I might recall is that I started the third grade year in De Queen.

So anyway, I dreamed of walking, in the context of the current day, at that base housing for United States Marine Corps serviceman families and I was walking down the street that was along that row of houses. I think I found that place on the map, but as in my dream a few hours ago, the houses seem to have been demolished. I did see some houses in the dream but I wonder if I was dreaming of 4th street in De Queen. In the dream however, I did specifically note that the row of houses, which I think was similar to a long row of single floor apartments, was gone. There I seemed to start to fly. I knew I was still at McAlester because I was thinking of how that housing complex was outside the base but was close to the front gate or one of the main gates. I was looking at an overhead image map of that area and I think that is the same place. I had finished walking through those streets and then I started to fly up into a tree. I was looking at the tree and I was thinking it the dream that it had mutated or something. The tree was turning into something deformed and I didn't want to touch it as I flew up slowly towards the sky and I was rising up when under the branches of that tree where I started to look at the branches of the tree as I flew up through. I was aware that it had been contaminated or something by chemical or biological munitions that were stored at that base. I was also aware of something in the distance and I don't know what that was but it just seemed to be something better. I knew it was in the distance in front of me and I had the front gate in the distance on my right side and that location in the front of me and in the distance would be perpendicular to the gate. Looking at the map that direction would be to the south west. I don't know what that is supposed to me. I think I woke up from that dream. I write about here because it seems to be important for some reason and I stopped to write about it while I was in the middle of working on something else.