Saturday, July 02, 2016

"Seen from out here, everything seems different."




A few days ago I was thinking again about that time my official United States Navy documents tell me was the day 29 August 1980.

I wrote about this memory before in my journal but I don't feel like searching for an hour trying to find a reference to it that I might not recall enough distinctive words to find again.

I wrote about how my new step-siblings and I were decorating Denzil's Thunderbird car.

Denzil and Thedia had just got married at Brother Wade's house in Lockesburg Arkansas. I wrote about how that was the day I participated in a scrimmage football game with my new school in Ashdown for the 9th grade against my old school in DeQueen.

So anyway, I wrote something on the roof of Denzil's side of the car about how he was "#7".

"Good luck #7" or something I forget the precise words I used in shoe polish on the roof of his car.

So a few days ago the thought occurred to me: What if he didn't know about that?

I started thinking he probably knew she had been married before but what if he didn't know she had been married *so* many times before him?

Then the thought occurred to me: did she not tell me before they got married that she had already told him she had been married so many times before him?

I'm standing out there with my new siblings-by-marriage and I am saying she has been married so many times already I've lost count.

So what if that was news to them.

And what if she did tell me she had already told him about her earlier marriages and that was just a lie. What if she told me that because she figured that I would not say anything about it if I thought he already knew.

God I hated living with them. I enjoyed having the woods to explore deep behind Hicks Road where I sometimes imagined myself escaping to and never coming back again

At 17 years old I could see myself leaving and never looking back.

All I ever missed was the familiar.










http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=wargames

Springfield! Springfield!


WarGames (1983)


You know, I worry about that kid.

Why?

Sometimes I think we're all gonna get electrocuted.










http://www.chakoteya.net/StarTrek/28.htm

The City on the Edge of Forever [ Star Trek: The Original Series ]

Stardate: 3134.0

Original Airdate: Apr 6, 1967


[Room]

(Using the clock-mender's tools, Spock gets an image on his tricorder screen of a newspaper report. Edith Keeler, social worker from 21st Street Mission was killed today, it says. Kirk enters.)

KIRK: How are the stone knives and bearskins?

SPOCK: I may have found our focal point in time.

KIRK: You may also find you have a connection burning someplace.






























bedtime-for-bonzo_00h50m37s.jpg






























bedtime-for-bonzo_00h50m53s.jpg






























bedtime-for-bonzo_00h51m41s.jpg






























bedtime-for-bonzo_00h51m42s.jpg






























bedtime-for-bonzo_00h51m44s.jpg



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:11 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 02 July 2016