Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sergeant Cole

The USS Cole (DDG-67) is named for Sergeant Darrell S. Cole. He was a Medal of honor recipient from World War 2. A few days ago, I made another connection between something that happened to me at Microsoft when I was reading about Sergeant Cole on the USS Cole website. According to the biography, he started off as a Marine Corps Field Musician. That reminded me of Wally Simpson. Wally and I started at Microsoft around the same time in December 1998. He and I and several other new employees traveled to Texas for an indoctrination class on the business division we worked in: Premier Support For Enterprise. Our individual title was Technical Account Manager and we served as customer advocates. One day, probably 1999 because I transfered to Microsoft Premier Support For Developers in 2000, Wally was telling me he had some kind of bachelor's degree in music. I joked about that for a while, referring to it as a "band degree." Now I know why they did that. Maybe he has a music degree or maybe he doesn't, but he told me that because he and Microsoft knew that I had been the Commanding Officer of the USS Cole when it was commissioned on 6/8/96. I used the alias Commander Stewart Bryan to protect my covert activities and those that I had worked with in the past.

All this was exposed years ago and I was totally oblivious to it. The reason I was chosen as the test subject of the PTSD treatment program was because I had a lot of experience. If they could make me forget my life as Thomas Ray, the program would probably be successful with just about anybody. Microsoft though was trying everyday to trigger memories about my real life. I probably would have gone insane if that had happened. I still don't actually remember the life of Thomas Ray, but I know I am Thomas Ray. I just can't actually remember it yet. I look back at May 9th as the day I started to transition back to Thomas Ray and I'll write about that later. The only reason I feel compelled about writing about any of this is that I don't want to let the perpetrators of this crime get away. They have been trying to get me killed because I am some form of evidence. I may be the only one who actually knows all the details, that can fit all the pieces together.