Sunday, August 27, 2006

"The Cole Protocol"

I was debating whether to title this posting as "The Cole Protocol" or to title it as "WTF!"

I've never played this "Halo" game or read the books so I am assuming this wiki article is correct. I find this to be too much of a coincidence, this detail about "The Cole Protocol." It is too much of a coincidence that I have over the past few months began to realize that I am living proof of some kind of "Cole Protocol." I have wrote about how I believe Thomas Ray was assigned to the USS Cole because of the '67' symbolism. And, as described in the excerpt below, I am living this concept:

Halo: Combat Evolved begins just after the player's ship has executed the Cole Protocol placing that ship in an unknown part of space and setting the scene as the player must explore an unknown world.


I am believing that my memory of my military service, including serving on the USS Cole was erased just before I went to work at Microsoft.


The Cole Protocol is a military term used in the science fiction storyline of the Halo series of computer and video games by Bungie Studios.

The protocol lists a number of steps that any starship at risk of being discovered by the Covenant (a group of extraterrestrial races at war with humanity) must do to prevent the enemy from discovering human military intelligence or the location of any human population centers - particularly Earth itself.


Well, at least they know what treason means.


The Cole Protocol
...
Violation of this directive will be considered an act of TREASON, and pursuant to UNSC Military Law Articles JAG 845-P and JAG 7556-L, such violations are punishable by life imprisonment or execution.