Tuesday, August 29, 2006

to show you how it all began

And one of the songs that seems to haunt me lately has been a song from Coldplay. The first one from them that haunted me was "Clocks." Still haven't figured that one out but I connect it with the cable channel Showtime and then with Patrick Stewart's movie on Showtime "Safe House."

Anyway, these seem to be the operative lyrics:

All that noise, and all that sound,
All those places I got found.
And birds go flying at the speed of sound,
to show you how it all began.
Birds came flying from the underground,
if you could see it then you'd understand,
ah when you see it then you'll understand?


And then I did see something. I saw that this song, "Speed of Sound" is on the Coldplay album "X&Y," which was released in the U.S., according to this article, on June 7, 2005. That pre-emptive strike to Iraq was June 7, 1981.

This all must surely be what it is like to suddenly find yourself afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease. It is fascinating yet maddening.