Thursday, March 04, 2010

And govern them as I pleased.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus

Christopher Columbus

Christopher Columbus (1451 – May 20, 1506) was an Italian navigator, colonizer and explorer whose voyages across the Atlantic Ocean led to general European awareness of the American continents in the Western Hemisphere. Though not the first to reach the Americas from Afro-Eurasia — preceded some five hundred years by Leif Ericson, and perhaps by others — Columbus initiated widespread contact between Europeans and indigenous Americans. With his several hapless attempts at establishing a settlement on the island of Hispaniola, he personally initiated the process of Spanish colonization which foreshadowed general European colonization of the "New World." (The term "pre-Columbian" is sometimes used to refer to the peoples and cultures of the Americas before the arrival of Columbus and his European successors.)

His initial 1492 voyage came at a critical time of growing national imperialism and economic competition between developing nation states seeking wealth from the establishment of trade routes and colonies. In this sociopolitical climate, Columbus's far-fetched scheme won the attention of Queen Isabella of Spain. Severely underestimating the circumference of the Earth, he hypothesized that a westward route from Iberia to the Indies would be shorter and more direct than the overland trade route through Arabia. If true, this would allow Spain entry into the lucrative spice trade — heretofore commanded by the Arabs and Italians. Following his plotted course, he instead landed within the Bahamas Archipelago at a locale he named San Salvador. Mistaking the North-American island for the East-Asian mainland, he referred to its inhabitants as "Indians".










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins

Gremlins

Release date(s) June 8, 1984

Gremlins is an American comedy horror film directed by Joe Dante and released in 1984 by Warner Bros. It is about a young man who receives a strange creature (called a mogwai) named Gizmo as a pet, which then spawns other creatures who transform into small, destructive, evil monsters. This story was continued with a sequel, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, released in 1990. Unlike the lighter sequel, the original Gremlins opts for more black comedy, which is balanced against a Christmas-time setting. Both films were the center of large merchandising campaigns.

Steven Spielberg was the film's executive producer, with the screenplay written by Chris Columbus. The film stars Zach Galligan and Phoebe Cates, with Howie Mandel providing the voice of Gizmo.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F04.html

Bart's Girlfriend

Original airdate in N.A.: 6-Nov-94


Bart takes a seat next to Jessica.

Bart: You know, the great thing about Sunday school is we're finally learning something we can use.

Jessica: Yah, so true. I have to turn my chair this way now.


Bart: Somehow I gotta convince her I'm a good person! All right, I have to sit here and behave no matter what.

Teacher: OK, class, we have a special treat today for pass-around: a replica of the slingshot David used to slay Goliath. While you kids are looking at that, I'll just busy myself in this file cabinet.

[bends over]



Jessica looks at it dully, then hands it to Bart. Reflexively, his hands load the slingshot and pull the elastic back, ready to fire it straight at the teacher.

Bart: Must...fight...Satan...make it...up to him...later!

[manages to resist, sighs]

You know, I was considering staying after school and helping teacher clean up.

Jessica: [yawns] Do you ever think anything you _don't_ say?



After class, the children escape joyously. Bart watches from afar as the teacher talks to Jessica.

Bart: There is just no pleasing a girl like that! [musses hair] All that unnecessary behaving...[smears dirt on himself] I'm all tense through the chestal area! I need relief.

[sees "Scotchtoberfest" sign and Willy playing the bagpipes]

Willy: Now the kilt was only for day-to-day wear. In battle, we donned a full-length ball gown covered in sequins. The idea was to blind your opponent with luxury.

[Bart ties balloons to his kilt; it lifts to reveal his shame]

Willy: [seeing people look away] Ach! 'Tis no more than what God gave me, you puritan pukes!


Bart: [laughs] That'll hold me. At least until I get my hands on some kind of explosives.

[a tree grabs him; police with guns pop up from everywhere]

Skinner: Congratulations, Simpson. You just fell for our sting and won yourself three months' detention. There's no such thing as "Scotchtoberfest".

Willy: There's not? You used me, Skinner! You used me!










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

Solar System

The Solar System consists of the Sun and those celestial objects bound to it by gravity, all of which formed from the collapse of a giant molecular cloud approximately 4.6 billion years ago. Of the retinue of objects that orbit the Sun, most of the mass is contained within eight relatively solitary planets whose orbits are almost circular and lie within a nearly-flat disc called the ecliptic plane. The four smaller inner planets, Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars, also called the terrestrial planets, are primarily composed of rock and metal. The four outer planets, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, also called the gas giants, are composed largely of hydrogen and helium and are far more massive than the terrestrials.

The Solar System is also home to two regions populated by smaller objects. The asteroid belt, which lies between Mars and Jupiter, is similar to the terrestrial planets as it is composed mainly of rock and metal. Beyond Neptune's orbit lie trans-Neptunian objects composed mostly of ices such as water, ammonia and methane. Within these two regions, five individual objects, Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake and Eris, are recognized to be large enough to have been rounded by their own gravity, and are thus termed dwarf planets. In addition to thousands of small bodies in those two regions, various other small body populations, such as comets, centaurs and interplanetary dust, freely travel between regions.

The solar wind, a flow of plasma from the Sun, creates a bubble in the interstellar medium known as the heliosphere, which extends out to the edge of the scattered disc.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Columbus

Christopher Columbus

Christopher Columbus (c. 1451 – 20 May 1506) was a navigator, colonizer, and explorer whose voyages across the Atlantic Ocean led to general European awareness of the American continents in the Western Hemisphere. With his four voyages of exploration and several attempts at establishing a settlement on the island of Hispaniola, all funded by Isabella I of Castile, he initiated the process of Spanish colonization


The anniversary of Columbus's 1492 landing in the Americas is usually observed as Columbus Day on October 12 in Spain and throughout the Americas


First voyage

On the evening of 3 August 1492, Columbus departed from Palos de la Frontera with three ships; one larger carrack, Santa María, nicknamed Gallega (the Galician), and two smaller caravels, Pinta (the Painted) and Santa Clara, nicknamed Niña after her owner Juan Niño of Moguer. They were property of Juan de la Cosa and the Pinzón brothers (Martín Alonso and Vicente Yáñez), but the monarchs forced the Palos inhabitants to contribute to the expedition. Columbus first sailed to the Canary Islands, which were owned by Castile, where he restocked the provisions and made repairs. On 6 September he departed San Sebastián de la Gomera for what turned out to be a five-week voyage across the ocean.

Land was sighted at 2 a.m. on 12 October 1492, by a sailor named Rodrigo de Triana (also known as Juan Rodríguez Bermejo) aboard Pinta. Columbus called the island (in what is now The Bahamas) San Salvador; the natives called it Guanahani. Exactly which island in the Bahamas this corresponds to is an unresolved topic; prime candidates are Samana Cay, Plana Cays, or San Salvador Island (so named in 1925 in the belief that it was Columbus's San Salvador). The indigenous people he encountered, the Lucayan, Taíno or Arawak, were peaceful and friendly. From the 12 October 1492 entry in his journal he wrote of them, "Many of the men I have seen have scars on their bodies, and when I made signs to them to find out how this happened, they indicated that people from other nearby islands come to San Salvador to capture them; they defend themselves the best they can. I believe that people from the mainland come here to take them as slaves. They ought to make good and skilled servants, for they repeat very quickly whatever we say to them. I think they can very easily be made Christians, for they seem to have no religion. If it pleases our Lord, I will take six of them to Your Highnesses when I depart, in order that they may learn our language." He remarked that their lack of modern weaponry and even metal-forged swords or pikes was a tactical vulnerability, writing, "I could conquer the whole of them with 50 men, and govern them as I pleased."










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519749/quotes

Memorable quotes for

"Battlestar Galactica"

Saga of a Star World (1978)


President Adar: How could I have been so completely wrong? I have led the entire human race to ruin!










From 5/21/1969 ( I am Princeton University Medical Doctor degree graduate ) To 1/18/1974 ( my first landing on planet Venus and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Venus ) is 1703 days

From 1/18/1974 ( my first landing on planet Venus and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Venus ) To 9/17/1978 ( premiere US TV series "Battlestar Galactica" ) is 1703 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077215/

Battlestar Galactica (1978) (TV)

Release Date: 17 September 1978 (USA)



http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076984/episodes#season-1

Episode list for

"Battlestar Galactica" (1978)


Season 1, Episode 1: Saga of a Star World

Original Air Date—17 September 1978

The Twelve Colonies of man are annihilated by the Cylons. Adama, commanding the last surviving Battlestar, takes it upon himself to lead all remaining survivors aboard 220 ships to find a new home.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314979/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Battlestar Galactica (2003) (TV)


Number Six: What are you doing?

Baltar: Phoning my attorney.

Number Six: That won't be necessary.

Baltar: Nah, he'll know what to do. He'll sort this out. He's the best in the business.

Number Six: It won't be necessary because in a few hours no one will be left to charge you with anything.

Baltar: What exactly are you saying?

Number Six: Humanity's children are returning home. Today.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04:15 AM

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006


Kerry Burgess wrote:

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.


I've been thinking today, in terms of that movie Impostor, that a war would be pretty brutal with an alien race, especially for the POWs if there wasn't a lot of knowledge about the other race.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Wed, May 24, 2006 3:14:41 PM

Subject: Re: Journal May 24, 2006


And Conspiracy Theory!! Jerry Fletcher was in love with Julia's character in that movie


Kerry Burgess wrote:
The town I remember growing up in, De Queen, Arkansas, is remarkably similar to that town in the 1985 movie Back To The Future. I think there must be some symbolism to my memory that the movie theatre there in downtown near the town square burned down at some point. I think it is also symbolic my memory of growing up in a trailer park virtually in the shadow of a drive-in movie theatre screen. And, in the BTTF, when Marty is in 1955, the movie marquee displays Ronald Reagan in Cattle Queen of Montana, which may be why De Queen was chosen for my artificial life.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1984/Gremlins/cap/en/25fps/a/01_28

Gremlins


1:25:08
Careful, Billy.










http://www.cswap.com/1990/Gremlins_2:_The_New_Batch/cap/en/25fps/a/01_26

Gremlins 2: The New Batch


1:26:56
What happened to him?

1:27:00
I don't know.
I guess they pushed him too far.

1:27:10
- If they get out...
- We'll stop them, Billy.

1:27:13
Don't give up now.

1:27:15
Washington didn't.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE:

Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:28:21 -0800 (PST)
From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Sleep journal 3/19/06
To: "Kerry Burgess"

Yesterday was some kind of foreign dream that was more of an emotion than a visualization. I couldn't remember any of the details although I felt like I had been seeing details. All I remembered was feeling like it was something intense, there was some intensity to the communication, almost overwhelming like a very strong and clear signal on a radio. After I woke up, I could only characterize the message as positive.

Today the first foreign dream wasn't too clear either. It had something to do with me, someother characters, and something about the stars. We were under the stars, or we were talking to the stars. I can visualize the sky with the stars but they may have also been a metaphor for people. Then I left somewhere and there was something about a goose, not sure what that meant, maybe something to do with staying meant something about a cooked goose.

The second foreign dream had a lot of detail. I was sitting on a bus with someone that I knew but I don't know who it was. It may have been Britney Spears but that makes no sense. I was sitting next to her and she was someone that I had lived with before, someone I had a relationship with, like a girlfriend. I was getting off the bus to a place I was staying that I don't recognize from anyplace I've been in real life. She asked me if I was really staying there, she may have commented that it was amazing I was staying there, or someone else said that. Apparently, it was the same place she and I had lived during our relationship. It was some kind of little travel trailer. A young woman was letting me stay there. I was taking up a little open seat or bench in a hallway of the trailer. I had a little storage bin to put my stuff in.

{{{{{










http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/behindscenes/astrovan.html

Space Shuttle

Catching a Ride to Destiny

The sight of the Astrovan's shiny silver exterior and bold NASA emblem evokes pride and excitement in those who watch it wind its way toward the launch pad at NASA's Kennedy Space Center. Before each space shuttle launch, astronauts smile and wave as they board the van that will carry them to meet their fully fueled ride to space.

Since 1984, each shuttle crew has travelled those nine miles, from their crew quarters to the launch pad, aboard the same vehicle. A modified Airstream motor home, the "Astrovan" as it is called has only racked up 24,000 miles in its 24 years of service. That's because it's used solely to transport the astronauts on three occasions: to the launch pad for launch dress rehearsal, on launch day and after landing.

The earlier shuttle flights had fewer crew members, so they used the Apollo-era astronaut transport van that now can be seen by tourists at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex's Apollo/Saturn V Center.


http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/259886main_sts-1-lg.jpg

Suited up for the first space shuttle launch in 1981, Astronauts John Young and Robert Crippen head for the Apollo-era astronaut transport van, which is now on display at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex's Apollo/Saturn V Center. Photo credit: NASA










http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3413809152/nm0943837

IMDb

Jane Wyman


Names: Ronald Reagan, Jane Wyman

Ronald Reagan and Jane Wyman C. 1943










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343818/quotes

Memorable quotes for

I, Robot (2004)


Detective Del Spooner: You know, somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 03/03/10 7:05 PM
I almost feel drunk right now.

Or in love.

Something

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Re: Journal May 27, 2006, Supplemental

I feel like I am about to pass out. My heart must be racing a hundred miles an hour!

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/12/2006 4:03 PM
http://www.online-literature.com/view.php/before-adam/2


But they make the mistake of ignoring their own duality. They do not recognize their other-personality. They think it is their own personality, that they have only one personality; and from such a premise they can conclude only that they have lived previous lives.

But they are wrong. It is not reincarnation. I have visions of myself roaming through the forests of the Younger World; and yet it is not myself that I see but one that is only remotely a part of me, as my father and my grandfather are parts of me less remote. This other-self of mine is an ancestor, a progenitor of my progenitors in the early line of my race, himself the progeny of a line that long before his time developed fingers and toes and climbed up into the trees.

I must again, at the risk of boring, repeat that I am, in this one thing, to be considered a freak. Not alone do I possess racial memory to an enormous extent, but I possess the memories of one particular and far-removed progenitor. And yet, while this is most unusual, there is nothing over-remarkable about it.

Follow my reasoning. An instinct is a racial memory. Very good. Then you and I and all of us receive these memories from our fathers and mothers, as they received them from their fathers and mothers.

{{{{{










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:26:25


Jacob Benson: It's not fair.

Dr. Helen Benson: No. No, it isn't fair.

Jacob Benson: He left me alone.

Dr. Helen Benson: Oh, baby. You're not alone. And he didn't leave you. I see him in you all the time. All the time. Sometimes, it's hard for me to bear.

Jacob Benson: You miss him too?

Dr. Helen Benson: So much.










From 11/19/1969 ( I was Apollo 12 Intrepid astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) to 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford at Lincoln College includes law degree ) is 1259 days

From 5/1/1973 ( my graduation from University of Oxford at Lincoln College includes law degree ) to 10/11/1976 ( United States Public Law 94-479 General of the Armies of the United States approved by United States President Gerald Ford and applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan US Navy ) is 1259 days



From 1/18/1974 ( my first landing on planet Venus and my documented and lawful exclusive claim to the territory of planet Venus ) To 10/11/1976 ( United States Public Law 94-479 General of the Armies of the United States approved by United States President Gerald Ford and applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan US Navy ) is 997 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) To 11/25/1961 ( USS Enterprise CVN 65 commissioned into US Navy active service - the first nuclear powered aircraft carrier ) is 997 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_of_the_Armies

General of the Armies

General of the Armies (or in its full title General of the Armies of the United States) is the highest possible rank in the United States Army. For the next rank down, see General of the Army.


After World War II, which saw the introduction of U.S. "5-star" officers who outranked Washington, both Congress and the President revisited the issue of Washington's rank. To maintain George Washington's proper position as the first Commanding General of the United States Army, he was appointed, posthumously, to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States by congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 January 19, 1976, approved by President Gerald R. Ford on October 11, 1976. The law established the grade as having "rank and precedence over all other grades of the Army, past or present", clearly making it superior to General of the Army. The Department of the Army Order 31-3, issued on March 13, 1978 had an effective appointment date of July 4, 1976. The rank ensures that no United States military officer will ever outrank George Washington.










From 6/19/1968 ( my 1st United States Navy Medal of Honor and I am U.S. military fighter jet ace during Vietnam War ) To 1/19/1976 ( U.S. congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 General of the Armies of the United States applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is 2770 days

2770 = 1385 + 1385

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 5/1/1967 ( my first flight by myself as jet pilot and as active duty U.S. Naval Aviator and U.S. Astronaut ) is 1385 days



From 9/2/1965 ( my first day as university student and graduate student instructor at Princeton University where I earned Medical Doctor degree ) to 1/19/1976 ( U.S. congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 General of the Armies of the United States applies to me personally and professionally as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan U.S. Navy ) is: 3791 days

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) to 7/20/1969 ( I was Apollo 11 Eagle astronaut landing on Earth's moon ) is: 3791 days


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_of_the_Armies

General of the Armies

General of the Armies (or in its full title General of the Armies of the United States) is the highest possible rank in the United States Army. For the next rank down, see General of the Army.


After World War II, which saw the introduction of U.S. "5-star" officers who outranked Washington, both Congress and the President revisited the issue of Washington's rank. To maintain George Washington's proper position as the first Commanding General of the United States Army, he was appointed, posthumously, to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States by congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 January 19, 1976, approved by President Gerald R. Ford on October 11, 1976. The law established the grade as having "rank and precedence over all other grades of the Army, past or present", clearly making it superior to General of the Army. The Department of the Army Order 31-3, issued on March 13, 1978 had an effective appointment date of July 4, 1976. The rank ensures that no United States military officer outranks George Washington.










1984 film "Gremlins" DVD movie:

00:35:16


Billy Peltzer: I always thought everyone was happy during the holidays, no matter what.

Kate Beringer: Most people are, but some aren't. While everybody else opens up presents, they open up their wrists.

Billy Peltzer: Cheery thought.

Kate Beringer: It's true. The suicide rate's always the highest around the holidays.

Billy Peltzer: Now I'm depressed. Do you ever get depressed on Christmas?

Kate Beringer: I don't celebrate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: Are you Hindu or something?

Kate Beringer: No, I just don't like to.

Billy Peltzer: What's not to like? I mean, it's a lot of fun.

Kate Beringer: God. Say you hate Washington's Birthday or Thanksgiving and nobody cares










From 12/24/1968 ( I was Apollo 8 astronaut in orbit of Earth's moon ) To 7/28/1987 ( United States President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5687—Thanksgiving Day 1987 ) is 6790 days

6790 = 3395 + 3395

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) To 6/19/1968 ( my 1st United States Navy Medal of Honor and I am US military fighter jet ace-in-single-day during Vietnam War ) is 3395 days



From 10/11/1968 ( I was Apollo 7 spacecraft astronaut entering orbit of planet Earth ) To 7/28/1987 ( United States President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5687—Thanksgiving Day 1987 ) is 6864 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 5/1/1982 ( my graduation and commissioning US Naval Academy Class of 1982 as Fleet Admiral Thomas Reagan US Navy ) is 6864 days


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34639

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Proclamation 5687—Thanksgiving Day, 1987

July 28th, 1987

Thanksgiving Day is one of our most beloved holidays, an occasion set aside by Americans from earliest times to thank our Maker prayerfully and humbly for the blessings and the care He bestows on us and on our beautiful, bountiful land. Through the decades, through the centuries, in log cabins, country churches, cathedrals, homes, and halls, the American people have paused to give thanks to God, in times of peace and plenty or of danger and distress.

Acknowledgement of dependence on God's favor was, in fact, our fledgling Nation's very first order of business. When the delegates to the First Continental Congress met in Philadelphia in 1774, they overcame discord by uniting in prayer for our country. Despite the differences among them as they began their work, they found common voice in the 35th Psalm, which concludes with a verse of joyous gratitude, "And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long."

This year, of course, our Thanksgiving Day celebration coincides with the Bicentennial of the Constitution. In 1789 the government established by that great charter of freedom, and "the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed," were cited by George Washington in the first Presidential Thanksgiving Proclamation as among "the great and various favors" conferred upon us by the Lord and Ruler of Nations. As we thank the God our first President called "that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be," we have even greater cause for gratitude than the fresh triumphs that inspired Washington's prose. We have seen the splendor of our natural resources spread across the tables of the world, and we have seen the splendor of freedom coursing with new vigor through the channels of history. The cause for which we give thanks, for which so many of our citizens through the years have given their lives, has endured 200 years—a blessing to us and a light to all mankind.

On Thanksgiving Day, 1987, let us, in this unbroken chain of observance, dedicate ourselves to honor anew the Author of Liberty and to publicly acknowledge our debt to all those who have sacrificed so much in our behalf. May our gratitude always be coupled with petitions for divine guidance and protection for our Nation and with ready help for our neighbors in time of need.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 26, 1987, as a National Day of Thanksgiving, and I call upon the citizens of this great Nation to gather together in homes and places of worship on that day of thanks to affirm by their prayers and their gratitude the many blessings God has bestowed upon us.

In Witness Whereof I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-eighth day of July, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-seven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twelfth.

RONALD REAGAN










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/9F09.html

Homer's Triple Bypass

Original airdate in N.A.: 17-Dec-92


Marge: Homer, you shouldn't eat so much food. It's bad for your heart.

Homer: Oh, my heart is just fi-- aagh! [gags]

Marge: Homey, what's wrong?

Homer: [strained] Just-- working-- the turkey through...[pause] [normal] There it goes.

-- A little beer will put out that fire, "Homer's Triple Bypass"

Bart and Lisa eat breakfast.

Bart: Hey, Lis, I heard that there was a train wreck last night. Wanna see the victims?

Lisa: Sure.

[Bart opens his mouth, showing "see-food"]

Bart, that's gross!

Bart: You're right. Let's bury them at sea.

[scoops his goop into Lisa's cereal]

-- Bart and Lisa eat breakfast, "Homer's Triple Bypass"

Lisa yells for Dad, and Homer gets another relapse. Sweating, he struggles.

Bart: What's wrong, Dad?

Homer: [strained] You know that feeling you get when a thousand knives of fire are stabbing you in the heart? I'm having that right now...[normal] Ooh, bacon!

-- Bacon will put out that fire too, "Homer's Triple Bypass"

Marge: Homer, I've made a special surprise just for you!

Homer: It can only be one thing.

[imagines a roast pig suggesting Homer eat his rump]

Marge: [hands Homer oatmeal] Here you go.

Homer: What the hell is this?

Marge: Nice, healthy oatmeal.

Homer: [sarcastic] Ooh, oatmeal, what a delightful treat! Aw, there's a bug in it.

[dumps the oatmeal in the sink]

Marge: No there isn't.

Homer: Trust me.

[starts eating bacon]

Bart: Dad, there's a bug on that.

Homer: Naah.

[keeps on eating]

-- Selective vision, "Homer's Triple Bypass"










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:49:28


Jacob Benson: What do you think?

Klaatu: Of what?

Jacob Benson: Should people run, or should we stay and fight?

Klaatu: Neither.

Jacob Benson: What should we do then?

Klaatu: There's nothing you can do. This is it. Pull in here.

Dr. Helen Benson: McDonald's? Where are you going? Jacob, where are you going?

Jacob Benson: To the bathroom.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/quotes

Memorable quotes for

WarGames (1983)


Computer Voice: Skybird, this is Dropkick with a red dash alpha message in two parts. Break. Break. Red dash alpha.










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_10

Flight of the Intruder


:10:03
What was your target?

:10:05
A suspected truck park.

:10:07
You hit it?

:10:08
Oh, yeah, we hit it.

:10:09
Trees.

:10:10
A bunch of trees.

:10:11
There was nothing there again.

:10:13
What's your problem?

:10:14
Spit it out.

:10:20
Well, I don't think trees
in a suspected truck park

:10:23
is worth a man's life.

:10:25
Targets are picked for
political consideration,

:10:28
Mr. Grafton,

:10:29
with the best intelligence
we have available.

:10:31
You have any trouble with that?

:10:32
Well, I don't think losing Morg

:10:34
is a political
consideration, sir.

:10:38
Look...

:10:40
I know losing
McPherson is lousy.

:10:43
I don't like the targets,
either.

:10:45
I hate them.

:10:46
But... I don't want any
blood feuds going on.

:10:49
Half the time,
it isn't the mission

:10:51
you're flying
that kills you,

:10:52
it's the one before--
do you read me?

:10:56
Yes, sir.

:10:57
Good.

:10:59
I want you to write
a letter to Morg's wife.

:11:01
I'll mail it in
a couple of days

:11:03
along with one from me.

:11:04
Help put this thing
behind you, okay?

:11:09
Thanks, skipper.

:11:10
For what?

:11:13
You die, son, and
I'll piss on your grave.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256303/

"Navy NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service"

Collateral Damage (2008)

Original Air Date: 11 November 2008 (Season 6, Episode 7)

Plot: A bank at Quantico is robbed. As the team investigates they find that money may not have been the main objective. They must determine what the robbers were really after. Gibbs is asked to evaluate a new agent by the Director.

Rey Valentin ... Dwayne Wilson



http://www.tv.com/ncis/collateral-damage/episode/1235871/trivia.html

tv.com

NCIS

Season 6, Episode 7

Collateral Damage

Air Date

Tuesday November 11, 2008

Quotes

Tony: So why an NCIS agent?

Wilson: To protect and serve my country.

(Tony laughs)

Tony: Come on. Dwayne, I'm trained in the art of extracting the truth. You can't snow me.

Wilson: I can't?

Tony: No. You can't.










1984 film "Gremlins" DVD movie:

00:46:59


Mr. Hanson: It just hatched.

Billy Peltzer: I'll be right there!










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2006 9:32:54 PM

Subject: Sleep journal 4/1/06


I wish I had written down these dreams shortly after I awoke. I don't remember as much detail now. But I think that illustrates how I am sensing the difference between these foreign or manipulated dreams and what would be normal dreams. I think the foreign dreams stay with me longer. I remember more of their detail. I can visualize the details in those dreams longer than I can the dreams I think of as normal. I still don't know if they are reading information to me or if they are simply reciting words that I construct into something that makes sense to me. When I had a recent dream with my so-called imaginary girlfriend the other day, I can still almost hear her voice. I don't know if that means she was literally talking while I was asleep, or that I just have heard her talking enough to be able to assign her voice to any suggestion that the dream manipulator attributes to her.

This morning I dreamed I was traveling down a four-lane road towards Shelton. I was on a bicycle but I was effortlessly traveling at 75 mph. I thought to myself that I should be wearing a helmet.

{{{{{