Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Mist (2007)




http://www.snpp.com/episodes/AABF19

E-I-E-I-(ANNOYED GRUNT)

Original Airdate on FOX: 7-Nov-1999


% The colonel, growing impatient, continues to knock at the door.

Colonel: Sir, I say sir. The hour's upon us, sir.










http://www.defenseimagery.mil/imagery.html#a=search&s=DF-ST-87-13448&chk=6cfe0&dsb=01%2F05%2F1984&n=90&guid=912e68e715ad0746ac5e744e9fb00df324a9817f

DefenseImagery.mil

DF-ST-87-13448

Captain (CPT) James Jackson, 3rd Tactical Fighter Wing, examines a GBU-15 modular glide bomb mounted on the wing pylon of his F-4E Phantom II aircraft










http://www.cswap.com/1981/Superman_II/cap/en/25fps/a/01_27

Superman II


1:27:40
WHEN WILL THESE DUMMIES
LEARN TO USE DOORKNOBS?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/26/08 6:47 AM

A series of scenes in the dream just now about football. The notion of Princeton University was strongly present in those series of scenes where I seemed to be on a football team but I think something is askew to all that, in that my soccer team is mixed in to those scenes and I was confusing it with my actual participation on an American football team at U.S. Naval Academy. I did see a scene about a football kicker during an American football game. There was a lot of detail I can still visualize but I do not feel all that compelled to describe the scenes. In the next series of scenes though, I seemed to be walking through an open field and there is a paved road running off to my left and there is open field as far as I can see to the other side of it and I guess to my right side although most of the dream seems to visualize over to what was initially my left-side of visualization. Just after that visualization started, and I note that it seems to be chronologically after the series of football scenes, I saw the Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse in that field on the other side of the paved road and to my minor annoyance, they started charging in my direction and I can visualize that lead Horsemen, but I am left with the vague sense that the Four of them were actually cows that had turned to charge at me. I did some fancy maneuvering and got them going in circles because I could maneuver better than they could but at some point I realized that I was not going to be able to keep that tactic up for very long. As I visualize that scene again now that I am awake, they seemed to have surrounded me. In the next scene though I seemed to have broke away from the Four Bovine of The Apocalypse and I was running flat out across the field at a 45 degree angle ahead of my original line-of-sight and direction of travel and I am vaguely aware of something ahead of me but I cannot visualize it well enough or remember it well enough to describe. I can remember that I turned around as I was running and threw something back at the lead Cow of The Apocalypse and I struck it squarely on the head and it dropped dead right there on the spot. At that point, I seemed to look back at a bale of hay in the middle of the field, which was the only one in sight, and I thought to myself that I should have stayed near that bale of hay because it was a piece of that bale that I killed the lead Cow of The Apocalypse. But I was still running in that same direction and I cannot really visualize the other Cows of The Apocalypse althought I guess they were back there somewhere in the dust the first Cow kicked up in a field that did not seem that dusty. The detail become very vague at the point where the dreams ends and I vaguely aware of something about how I could get help in fighting off those other three Cows of The Apocalypse if I said I "believed" and so I did say I believed and then I saw something that I can only describe now vaguely and one of those wagonwheeled-transports, that I think had names such as Conestoga, come traveling by me out in the direction of the other Cows and the wagon seemed to be covered in fire. I think I had stopped running at that point and there are other details about the surroundings that I can still visualize but not well enough to describe and I am left to ponder where I was. As I was writing all this, I remembered there was another series of scenes before the series of scenes about American football and I am left only with the sense of being compelled to remember those scenes and while I can visualize certain details, such as being in a supermarket, I cannot remember enough detail to articulate. I am not certain if those first scenes are connected to the next scenes about the football.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 11/25/08 11:47 PM
The ending of the 2007 film "The Mist" is different than I remember from reading it in the book, which I think was part of a collection of short stories.

I think the ending was of them turning on the interstate and thinking they heard a radio broadcast from a city far in the distance.

I also find myself pondering over how in the film they ended on that dirt road in the middle of the forest after starting off on the interstate highway and why there was so much traffic transporting people out there in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1998/Dark_City/cap/en/25fps/a/00_27

Dark City


:27:44
You saw something,
didn't you, Eddie.

:27:47
Something to do with the case.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328/quotes

Memorable quotes for

The Mist (2007)


Ollie: We have to tell them. The people in the market. We have to stop them from going outside.

David Drayton: They won't believe us.

Ollie: They have to.

David Drayton: I'm not sure I believe it, and I was here. What we saw was impossible. You know that, don't you? What do we say? How do we... convince them? Ollie, what the hell were those tentacles even attached to?










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Sunday, July 01, 2007

Ah.... a cookbook. If that was me that was stuck in the aircraft carrier's superstructure after ejecting from a failed launch of my F-14 Tomcat, I created an artificial and symbolic memory of me sitting underneath the ships radar while reading a book. I almost got cooked by that radar so I symbolized that with me sitting under it reading a book to create a reference to a cookbook. I have other vague memories, artificial or real, I'm not certain, that support this notion.

My thoughts suggest that after I was injured while saving the space shuttle from crashing on landing on 4/14/1981 and was in a wheelchair for a while, I told people it was from a waterskiing accident. I also think a lot about a guy that was in the VA hospital with me that was in a wheelchair. I think it is all connected.

{{{{{










http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bind

bind


to fasten or secure within a cover, as a book










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimoire

Grimoire

A grimoire is a textbook of magic. Such books typically include instructions on how to create magical objects like talismans and amulets, how to perform magical spells, charms and divination and also how to summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits, and demons. In many cases the books themselves are also believed to be imbued with magical powers, though in many cultures other sacred texts that are not grimoires, such as the Bible and Qur'an, have also been believed to intrinsically have magical properties; in this manner whilst all books on magic could be thought of as grimoires, not all magical books could.

Whilst the term grimoire is originally European, and many Europeans throughout history, particularly ceremonial magicians and cunning folk, have made use of grimoires, the historian Owen Davies noted that similar such books can be found all across the world, ranging from Jamaica to Sumatra, and he also noted that the first such grimoires could be found not in Europe but in the Ancient Near East.

It is most commonly believed that the term grimoire originated from the Old French word grammaire, which had initially been used to refer to all books written in Latin. By the 18th century, the term had gained its now commonly used usage in France, and had begun to be used to refer purely to books of magic, which Owen Davies presumed was because "many of them continued to circulate in Latin manuscripts." However, the term grimoire also later developed into a figure of speech indicating something that was hard or even impossible to understand amongst the French. It was only in the 19th century, with the increasing interest in occultism amongst the British following the publication of Francis Barrett's The Magus (1801), that the term entered the English language in reference to books of magic.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, September 15, 2005

I had that dream again about the house I bought in South Carolina back in the early '90s. I loved that place, it was quiet and relaxing. That house is always the central element in dreams I have sometime. There are usually variations to the situation, but the house is always there. And there is usually another element to the dream. In the dream, I discover that I still own the house and I can go back there any time I want, even at the very moment I realize it is still there. It is a great feeling to know I can sleep there that very night if I want to.



In this dream last night though, there is something about my nieces. One of them has bought the house and will live there now. This is one of ten houses that one of ten nieces is getting. Not sure what that means, I only have two nieces. So anyway, I have two cars parked outside. One is that Mazda RX-7, and just like re-discovering the house in the prior dreams, this car is suddenly mine again and I am very happy to see it. I faced a dilemma though about how to get two cars back to my place, whereever that was. There is a lot of food in one car and I am transferring it from one to the RX-7. It was dark. Then I found myself at what seemed to be my own place in the country, the grass was very high. Never seen this place before, but there seems to be something slightly familiar about it. Next image I remember is my Jeep blocking the entrace of my driveway. But the postman has driven around it and is delivering the mail. He has a lot to deliver. At one point, he walks up to the house, or the garage, but I do not talk with him. Before this, I had been walking around the property and there are a lot of other buildings with purposes I don't know but they have a lot of objects, tools and such, cluttered around. I am standing on the porch about to go in and a woman throws open a hatch on the porch and starts climbing up from under the porch. She is carrying a fishing tackle box and something else I don't recognize. She is a scientist or something. She is on some kind of expedition to go out and cause frogs, I think it was, to contract the "mumps." I don't know why she was doing it, but she said they weren't doing it themselves. I woke up at this point and I could hear some loud-mouth in another room on this floor talking loudly next to his window about how he never contracted the mumps when he was a kid even though he had actually tried to contract it by getting into bed with someone that had the mumps.



I'm not sure if this dream happened after I went back to sleep or it had occured earlier, but I was in that unfamilar house there in the country and I was trying to get ready. I was meeting some family members in town for lunch but I kept getting interrupted. At one point, the clock read 1:38 pm but I had to be there at 2pm and I had not even showered or shaved yet. I didn't know how to get in touch with them to let them know I would be late.



The other dream I had was about fighting some kind of aliens. I'm not sure if this dream happened before the one I wrote about above or if it happened later. In this dream, I am still in the Navy, but I am wearing some kind of camoflauge uniform, maybe army or marines. These aliens have invaded a subway and there are a lot of travelers around in danger. I am about to drop from exhaustion after 36 hours of fighting, we have been retreating and I am separated from the other soldiers. I am carrying two heavy packs, trying to find another unit to group up with, with passengers stream through the facility, they are even getting on the trains as some of them are still coming through. I have lost my rifle somewhere. I still have plenty of ammo, but I can't find a rifle. A woman at a coffee kisok says something to me that I don't remember, she has dried blood on her hands as she is preparing coffee. Then I am outside and I have found an armory where I get another rifle. I start heading back to the subway. A woman drives up in a car and asks me if I am who she thinks I am. But I can't remember seeing her actually in the car, all I can remember is seeing her buried in the dirt with only her talking face exposed. That is all I remember.

{{{{{










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Revelation/

Literature Network>The Holy Bible>Revelation

Revelation

Revelations


16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/08/08 8:15 PM
"It is decided" is what someone said in the past.





http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000286110000&sid=31556&sn=AMCP&st=200810082000&cn=50

The Hunt for Red October (1990)

50 AMCP: Wednesday, October 8 8:00 PM

1990, PG, ***1/2, 02:17, Color, English, United States,

Moscow, Washington and a CIA analyst (Alec Baldwin) track a renegade Soviet captain (Sean Connery) and his new submarine.

Cast: Sean Connery, Alec Baldwin, Scott Glenn, Sam Neill, James Earl Jones, Joss Ackland, Richard Jordan, Peter Firth, Tim Curry, Courtney B. Vance, Stellan Skarsgard, Jeffrey Jones, Fred Dalton Thompson, Daniel Davis, Tomas Arana Director(s): John McTiernan Producer(s): Mace Neufeld Executive Producer(s): Larry DeWaay, Jerry Sherlock

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/08/08 8:19 PM
http://www.cswap.com/1990/The_Hunt_for_Red_October/cap/en/12_Parts/b/00_14

The Hunt for Red October


:14:02
- What are you doing?
- Overseeing the stability of the crew.

:14:09
By invading my privacy?

:14:14
Privacy is not a major concern
in the Soviet Union.

:14:19
It is often contrary
to the collective good.

:14:27
"Behold, I am coming as a thief."

:14:36
"And they gathered them together
in a place called Armageddon."

:14:42
'The 7th angel poured forth his bowl,
and a voice cried out from Heaven..."

:14:48
"It is done."

:14:52
A man with your responsibilities
reading about the end of the world.

:14:57
What's this? "I am become death,
the destroyer of worlds."

:15:03
It is an ancient Hindu text
quoted by an American.

:15:08
- An American
- He invented the atomic bomb.

{{{{{