Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Queen (2006)




http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30614FD355D167493C4A9178DD85F438785F9

The New York Times Archives

Article Preview

A British Jubilee Commemorates 25 Tough Years; British Marking the Queen's Jubilee With a Week of Celebrations

By R.W. APPLE Jr. Special to The New York Times

June 6, 1977, Monday

Section: The Week In Review, Page 61, 1230 words

LONDON, June 5 On a February morning in 1952, Princess Elizabeth awoke at Treetops, the African game lodge, to find that she had become Queen Elizabeth II on the death of her father.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/17/07 9:23 AM

Had a dream with a lot of details that I can't remember now. At one point, I was sitting at a computer and I was busy working on something and there was a lot of distraction. Someone sent me a hyperlink that I was hoping to get but didn't expect. I can still visualize the hyperlink but I can't remember the letters. The password was 'siren' or 'firehouse.' The link went to a website with a lot of photos about my real life, as I was writing the other day. Then I was sleeping in some trees but some very big dinosaurs came along and started eating the trees and I had to go somewhere else. Then I was standing on top of an alligator trying to avoid it from biting my feet and I was trying to get away from it into a house.

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 05/17/07 4:28 PM

After that dream about the dinosaurs eating the tree I was in, which was actually probably a giraffe or elephant when I was lost in Africa

{{{{{





}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/1/2006 10:04 PM
I just awoke with this notion, which would probably indicate its significance. I have written that I was shot down over Libya or Chad on 2/14/86. I wrote further that I was then declared legally dead on 11/25/86 because they lost contact with me.

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0636289/quotes

IMDB

Memorable quotes for

"Lost"

Pilot: Part 1 (2004)


Charlie: Guys, how does something like this happen?










http://www.africom.mil/getArticle.asp?art=1796

UNITED STATES AFRICA COMMAND

FACT SHEET: History of U.S. Military Involvement in Africa


1945-1970

Libya The United States Air Force stationed several thousand personnel at Wheelus Air Base near Tripoli, which served as a long-range bomber base in the southern Mediterranean. The United States withdrew from the base at the request of the Libyan government.


1983

Chad. On August 8, 1983, President Reagan reported the deployment of two AWACS electronic surveillance planes and eight F-15 fighter planes and ground logistical support forces to assist Chad against Libyan and rebel forces.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0994352/quotes

IMDb

Memorable quotes for

"Lost"

There's No Place Like Home: Part 2 (2008)

Sun Kwon: Where's Jin? It's Jin! Jin! Jin! We have to go back! Turn around!

Frank Lapidus: We can't do it!

Sun Kwon: But we have to! We need to go back!










http://www.cswap.com/2000/Gladiator/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_44

Gladiator


:45:21
Don't die.

:45:23
They'll feed you to the lions.

:45:25
They are worth more than we are.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_SEALs

United States Navy SEALs

The United States Navy Sea, Air and Land (SEAL) forces are the elite Special Operations Forces (or Special forces) of the U.S. Navy


Deserts

SEAL operators must be ready for desert deployment

The Desert will test the SEALs both mentally and physically.

The harsh desert environment provides little to no concealment so blending in is more difficult.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/12/09 12:12 AM
I missed about the first 7 minutes of this so far.




http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001789820000&sid=11208&sn=USAP&st=200901120000&cn=12

The Queen (2006)

12 USAP: Monday, January 12 12:00 AM

2006, PG-13, ***1/2, 01:41, Color, English, United Kingdom,

Queen Elizabeth II (Helen Mirren) and Prime Minister Tony Blair (Michael Sheen) try to reach a compromise in determining the royal family's public reaction to Princess Diana's death.

Cast: Helen Mirren, Michael Sheen, James Cromwell, Helen McRory, Alex Jennings, Roger Allam, Sylvia Syms, Mark Bazeley, Earl Cameron, Tim McMullan, Paul Barrett, Gavin Park Director(s): Stephen Frears Producer(s): Andy Harries, Christine Langan, Tracey Seaward Executive Producer(s): Franýois Ivernel, Cameron McCracken, Scott Rudin

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 01/12/09 12:52 AM
The thought occurred to me when I started watching this that it is a script I quickly wrote after Diana was killed.

{{{{{










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV001789820000&sid=31556&sn=AMCP&st=201002211500&cn=67

The Queen (2006)

67 AMCP: Sunday, February 21 3:00 PM

2006, PG-13, ***1/2, 01:41, Color, English, United Kingdom,

Queen Elizabeth II (Helen Mirren) and Prime Minister Tony Blair (Michael Sheen) try to reach a compromise in determining the royal family's public reaction to Princess Diana's death.

Cast: Helen Mirren, Michael Sheen, James Cromwell, Helen McRory, Alex Jennings, Roger Allam, Sylvia Syms, Mark Bazeley, Earl Cameron, Tim McMullan, Paul Barrett, Gavin Park Director(s): Stephen Frears Producer(s): Andy Harries, Christine Langan, Tracey Seaward Executive Producer(s): Franýois Ivernel, Cameron McCracken, Scott Rudin