Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Which one's Pink




1984 film "2010" DVD movie:

01:49:15


Doctor Heywood Floyd: My dear Christopher, this is the last time I'll be able to speak to you for a long while. I'm trying to put into words what has happened. Maybe that's for historians to do sometime later. They will record that the next day the President of the United States looked out the White House window and the premier of the Soviet Union look out the Kremlin window and saw the new distant sun in the sky. They read the message, and perhaps they learned something because they finally recalled their ships and planes. I'm going to sleep now. I will dream of you and your mother.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:24:34 -0700 (PDT)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal 4/6/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Details about my recent sleep are very fuzzy today. Can't remember for sure when I woke up. 3 am maybe. Or maybe shortly after midnight, can't really remember as I usually can. Remember dreaming something about driving my Jeep. Then I returned to it where it was parked in a parking lot after I was traveling through some passageways, hallways in a transit facility maybe. The only part I remember clearly is where a woman, I assume was my imaginary girlfriend asked me out for drinks or something. I told her we needed to keep it really casual though because all I had to wear was sweatpants. Kind of the downside to dating a homeless person I reflect now as I write this. She told me she would wear something with holes in it. I hope that was her in my dream, although the woman in the dream seemed to be someone unfamilar though. But I have noticed that happening with other people I know. They are represented, somehow, by a different person, but I think of them as someone specific. I feel like that is part of the manipulation. I have noticed something similar in real dreams, but I don't think it is the same here. I think they are disquising themselves in my dream for some reason. Anyway, if it really was her, she actually doesn't have to worry about dressing down if we were to go out. Of course, if I have my way, it would be a moot point because why would I want to go out with her when I am in such an ugly situation? At the minimum, I would want to be back to work so that I have regained some independence.

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Mon, May 22, 2006 1:54:42 PM

Subject: Journal May 22, 2006


I went to see that movie An Officer And A Gentleman with a girl with the initials RR. Maybe I once dated Ronald Reagans granddaughter.

{{{{{





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/daughter+in+law

daughter in law

the wife of one's son.





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grandson

grandson

a son of one's son or daughter.










http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Revelation/

The Literature Network

Literature Network>The Holy Bible>Revelation

Revelation

Revelations


19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)


Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.

Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.

Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.

Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.

Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.

Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?

Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/26/07 5:43 PM


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/quotes

Memorable quotes for
Gremlins (1984)

Kate: Now I have another reason to hate Christmas.

Billy Peltzer: What are you talking about?

Kate: The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. That's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney... his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no
Santa Claus.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8

Apollo 8 was the second manned mission of the Apollo space program, in which Commander Frank Borman, Command Module Pilot James Lovell and Lunar Module Pilot William Anders became the first humans to orbit around the Moon. It was also the first manned launch of the Saturn V rocket.

NASA prepared for the mission in only four months. The hardware involved had only been used a few times—the Saturn V had launched only twice before, and the Apollo spacecraft had only just finished its first manned mission, Apollo 7. However, the success of the mission paved the way for the successful completion of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's goal of landing on the Moon before the end of the decade.

After launching on December 21, 1968, the crew took three days to travel to the Moon, which they orbited for 20 hours. While in lunar orbit the crew made a Christmas Eve television broadcast in which they read from the book of Genesis. It was the most watched broadcast to date.

JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/26/07 5:47 PM
From 9/25/1968 to 12/24/1968 is: 90 days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_smith

Willard Christopher "Will" Smith, Jr. (September 25, 1968) is an Academy Award- and Golden Globe-nominated American actor, and a multiple Grammy-winning hip hop artist. He is one of a small group of people who have enjoyed success in three major entertainment media in the United States: film, television, and the music industry. Newsweek has named him the most powerful actor on the planet

{{{{{










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 04/27/07 4:23 PM
Hell, I could be secretly married right now to Phoebe Cates for all I know.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Independence_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_03

Independence Day


:03:02
If this isn't an insanely beautiful woman,
I'm hanging up.

:03:06
Sir, I think you should listen to this.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:05:50


Dr. Helen Benson: So, pompejana, Thiobacillus, Deinococcus - which of these three would most likely survive in the extreme environment of the Jupiter moon Callisto, and why? Tom, can you get the lights, please? That's your lab report question for this week and it's due in my box by midnight on Friday. That's all for today. Thank you.

Tom: So, are coming to the faculty conference tonight?

Dr. Helen Benson: And listen to Dean Stoff lecture about how the universe is like a beautiful woman? Think I'll pass.

Tom: Come on. It'll be fun. I could pick you up.

Dr. Helen Benson: Um, I can't. I have to get back to my own extreme environment. But thank you. See you tomorrow.

Tom: Yeah.

00:06:41

Dr. Helen Benson: Jacob?

Jacob: Go, go! Come on, come on! Yes!

Dr. Helen Benson: Jacob, dinner.

Jacob: Oh!

Dr. Helen Benson: Have you finished your homework?

Jacob: Yes. You just killed me.

Dr. Helen Benson: Good. Now that you're dead you can shut that off and come down for dinner.

Jacob: Did you order pepperoni tonight?

Dr. Helen Benson: Nope. Are these clean?

Jacob: Yeah.

Dr. Helen Benson: We've had pizza twice this week so I made you a proper meal tonight with vegetables.

Jacob: Vegetables? Ew! Stop being such a stepmom.

Dr. Helen Benson: Where'd you get this?

Jacob: It was Dad's.

Dr. Helen Benson: Yeah, I know. Where was it?

Jacob: I found it in the downstairs bathroom. It's mine now.

Dr. Helen Benson: Okay.










http://www.cswap.com/1991/Flight_of_the_Intruder/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_12

Flight of the Intruder


:12:34
How old are you, son?

:12:36
24, sir.

:12:37
You look 12.

:12:38
Did they teach you how to shave
at the Naval Academy?

:12:41
I didn't think so.

:12:41
Razor.

:12:43
Ah, that's your new
name for now: Razor.

:12:46
Excellent name, skipper.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Monday, September 12, 2005

I wrote earlier about my game to shake off the people following me. I found it somewhat humorous but slightly annoying when I saw a car commercial with a real celebrity (reminds me of Shelley's Among the stars that have a different birth by virtue of them knowing why people are following them) racing away from paparazzi while he is also taking pictures of them with his camera.


To the Moon
by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth,
Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

{{{{{










http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/shineonyoucrazydiamondiv.html

PINK FLOYD LYRICS

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond (I-V)"


Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught on the crossfire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38605&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Address Before the Assembly of the Republic of Portugal in Lisbon

May 9, 1985

I'm sorry that some of the chairs on the left seem to be uncomfortable. [Laughter]

[The President was referring to a walkout by Communist Party Assembly members prior to his address. ]

I'm deeply honored to be with you distinguished ladies and gentlemen here in this assembly that is so rich in history, where the voice of the Portuguese people is heard.

For us, a long journey is ending now, but one fruitful in results and rich in memory. World leaders in summit conference, the youth of modern Germany, warm welcomes at the European Parliament and in Spain-all these things we have seen and been grateful for. We have seen, too, memorials to the devastation of the past, to the memory of war, and to the cruelty of totalitarian rule. Yet we have also seen the prospering cities and nations of the modern Europe and experienced the warmth of her free people. Let there be no doubt that these things too are monuments, monuments to the future and to the human spirit—its capacity for hope and change, its passion for peace and freedom.

And now, at last, we have the honor of coming here to Portugal, a particularly fitting place for an American to make farewells as well as bring greetings. For as the history books of America's schoolchildren teach them, it was from these shores that the first maritime explorers departed, the scientists and adventurers whose skill and courage would lead someday to the discovery of a new world and a new nation.










http://www.lyricsondemand.com/p/pinkfloydlyrics/learningtoflylyrics.html

Pink Floyd Lyrics

Learning To Fly Lyrics


Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction holding me fast, how
Can I escape this irresistible grasp?
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I
Ice is forming on the tips of my wings
Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything
No navigator to guide my way home
Unladened, empty and turned to stone
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I