Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Independence Day (1996)




http://www.cswap.com/1996/Independence_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_47

Independence Day


:47:38
Our prayers go out to the pilots' families.

:47:41
- Indeed, God help us all.










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Independence_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_47

Independence Day


:47:44
The visitors responded with terrifying...

:47:47
Authorities have called for
the evacuation of Los Angeles County.

:47:51
People are advised to avoid
the highways wherever possible.

:47:54
Great! Now he tells me.










http://my.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=MV000470290000&sid=12499&sn=ABCFP&st=201003172000&cn=39

excite

Independence Day (1996)

39 ABCFP: Wednesday, March 17 8:00 PM

1996, PG-13, ***, 02:25, Color, English, United States,

A fighter pilot (Will Smith), a computer whiz (Jeff Goldblum) and others fight back after 15-mile-wide alien ships zap Earth's major cities.

Cast: Will Smith, Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Mary McDonnell, Judd Hirsch, Margaret Colin, Randy Quaid, Robert Loggia, James Rebhorn, Harvey Fierstein, Adam Baldwin, Brent Spiner, James Duval, Vivica A. Fox, Lisa Jakub, Ross Bagley, Mae Whitman, Bill Smitrovich, Kiersten Warren Director(s): Roland Emmerich Producer(s): Dean Devlin Executive Producer(s): Roland Emmerich, Ute Emmerich, William Fay










From 2/12/1973 ( Operation Homecoming begins and I was the lead C-141A pilot transporting home the American POWs ) To 6/25/1996 ( premiere US film "Independence Day" ) is 8534 days

8534 = 4267 + 4267

From 3/4/1959 ( my birth date UK ) To 11/8/1970 ( my first ascent to Mount Everest summit ) is 4267 days



From 10/9/1971 ( I am board-certified surgeon as Dr. Thomas Reagan MD ) To 6/25/1996 ( premiere US film "Independence Day" ) is 9026 days

From 7/16/1963 ( my wife ) To 4/1/1988 ( United States President Ronald Reagan : Proclamation 5788—National Former Prisoners of War Recognition Day 1988 including Bataan ) is 9026 days


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/releaseinfo

IMDb

Release dates for

Independence Day (1996)

USA 25 June 1996 (Westwood, California) (premiere)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/quotes

IMDb

Memorable quotes for

Independence Day (1996)


Capt. Jimmy Wilder: Why we are on this particular mission, we'll never know. But I do know, here today, that the Black Knights will emerge victorious once again.










http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F06.html

Mother Simpson

Original airdate in N.A.: 19-Nov-95


The front door is now surrounded with flowers and wreaths. Once again the doorbell rings, and Marge answers it.

Marge: A tombstone?!

Patty: It came with the burial plot, but that's not important: the important thing is, Homer's dead.

Selma: We've been saving for this since your wedding day.

Marge: Get out of here, you ghouls! [shuts door] Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi. [the power goes off] Huh? [Marge goes to window, sees a man cutting the lines] Uh, excuse me! Sir? I think there's been a mistake.

Workman: Oh, no, no mistake. Your electricity's in the name of Homer J. Simpson, deceased. The juice stays off until you get a job or a generator. Oh, and, uh, my deepest sympathies. [Marge shuts the window and grunts]

Marge: Homer?

Homer: [walking in] That's my name.

Marge: When I asked you if that dummy was to fake your own death, you told me no. You go downtown first thing in the morning and straighten this out.

Lisa: {Mom! Dad! Bart ran into a doorframe and bit his tongue.}

Bart: {[lisping] What the hell's going on heah?}

-- It's just Homer faking his own death again, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes off to the Springfield Hall of Records to talk to the bureaucrats.

Homer: Listen here: my name is Homer J. Simpson. You guys think I'm dead, but I'm not. Now I want you to straighten this out without a lot of your bureaucratic red tape and mumbo-jumbo!

Bureaucrat: [typing] OK, Mr. Simpson, I'll just make the change here... and you're all set.

Homer: I don't like your attitude, you water-cooler dictator. What do you have in that secret government file anyway? I have a right to read it.

Bureaucrat: [spinning monitor around] You sure do.

Homer: [reading] "Wife: Marjorie. Children: Bartholomew, Lisa" -- aha! See? This thing is all screwed up! Who the heck is Margaret Simpson?

Bureaucrat: Uh, your youngest daughter.

Homer: [mocking] "Uh, your youngest daughter". Well how about this? This thing says my mother's still alive; she died when I was a kid! [goes to window] See that stone angel up there? That's my mother's grave. My dad points it out every time we drive by.

Bureaucrat: Mr. Simpson, uh...maybe you should actually go up there.

-- A new idea, "Mother Simpson"

Homer goes up and brushes the foliage out of the way of the inscription on the tombstone.

Homer: Mom, I'm sorry I never come to see you. I'm just not a cemetery person. "Here lies" -- Walt Whitman?! Aargh! Damn you, Walt Whitman! [kicking grave] I! Hate! You! Walt! Freaking! Whitman!










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes

IMDb

Memorable quotes for

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)


Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.

Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.

Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.

Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.

Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.

Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.

Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?

Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

01:24:14


Jacob Benson: This is it. This is where we're supposed to meet her. Come on! Hurry up. It's this way. You can do this just like with the Trooper.





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/chevron

chevron


a pattern consisting of adjoining vertical rows of slanting lines, any two contiguous lines forming either a V or an inverted V





http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/port

port

a city, town, or other place where ships load or unload.

a place along a coast in which ships may take refuge from storms; harbor.

Also called port of entry. Law. any place where persons and merchandise are allowed to pass, by water or land, into and out of a country and where customs officers are stationed to inspect or appraise imported goods.

a geographical area that forms a harbor: the largest port on the eastern seaboard.

Informal. an airport.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=37238&st=&st1=

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Presentation Ceremony for the Presidential Medal of Freedom

May 12th, 1986

The President. Well, thank you all for being here. Nancy and I want to welcome you all to the White House for this happy occasion. On days like this and at lunches like this, I find myself looking up and thinking what a wonderful job I have. We're here today to present the Medal of Freedom to seven Americans. This medal is the highest civilian honor our nation can bestow. And I've always thought it highly significant that we call it not the Medal of Talent or the Medal of Valor or the Medal of Courage or Genius but the Medal of Freedom. I think that says a lot about our values and what we honor and what we love.

Freedom is important to all of us. As someone who spent many years making speeches, I have quoted many definitions of freedom—some very moving and eloquent. But I've always liked George Orwell's blunt and unadorned statement. He said, "Freedom is the right to say no." There's something kind of happily rebellious about that definitions and I thought of it this morning because I decided this year's recipients of the Medal of Freedom are distinguished by this. You're a group of happy rebels. In your careers and in the way you have lived your lives, you've all said no—a most emphatic no—to mediocrity, to averageness, to timidity. You've said no to the rules of the game and the regulations of the day. You've said no to the conventional wisdom, no to the merely adequate, no to the limits and limitations on yourselves and others.

But it's probably true that there is little point to freedom unless it's accompanied by a big yes! And each of you has uttered a resounding Whitmanesque yes to many things


When a soldier rising, sword in hand, reaches to protect an idea—freedom, liberty, human kindness—the world is, for a moment, hushed. Greatness is often born in quiet, in stillness. And so it was that night in June of 1944 when General Matthew B. Ridgway prayed the words God spoke to Joshua.. "I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." D-day saved a continent, and so, a world. And Ridgway helped save D-day. Heroes come when they're needed; great men step forward when courage seems in short supply.










2008 film "The Day the Earth Stood Still" DVD movie:

00:54:34


United States National Security Agency Task Force FISA warrant surveillance of police radio communications: "Nine One One. What's your emergency?"... "The escaped convict they showed on the news, I just saw the guy at the gas station"... "Can you describe him?"... "He was in a little car"... "Nine One One. What is your emergency"... "I just saw that wanted man over by the McDonalds"... "Can you give me a description of the car?"... "A silver four-door with a woman and a kid"... "I need three units to look for a silver Honda near Ochada orchard"... "Unit One responding"...


00:55:07

Klaatu: This is it. Stop here.










http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_who_say_Ni

Knights who say Ni

The Knights Who Say Ni! are a band of knights from the comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, feared for the manner in which they utter the word "ni". They are the keepers of the sacred words: Ni, Peng, and Neee-Wom.


The Knights are led by a man who is approximately 12 feet tall with disproportionately short arms and reindeer antlers inserted into his helmet (played by Michael Palin standing on a ladder; the original screenplay suggested that he be played by "Mike standing on John's shoulders"). The other Knights are of normal human proportions and act as a chorus, only repeating words and phrases that the head Knight has spoken.

"Ni!" is only the most notable of the sacred words which they are assigned to protect; the others being "Peng" and "Neee-wom". All of these words are infamous for the palpable horror and fear (and suggested pain) they bring about, whether delivered by the Knights or not. According to King Arthur, "Those who hear them seldom live to tell the tale!"










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/quotes

Memorable quotes for

Independence Day (1996)


President Thomas Whitmore: [addressing the nation] If you feel compelled to leave these cities, please do so, in an orderly fashion.










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, April 1, 2006 9:32:54 PM

Subject: Sleep journal 4/1/06


I wish I had written down these dreams shortly after I awoke. I don't remember as much detail now. But I think that illustrates how I am sensing the difference between these foreign or manipulated dreams and what would be normal dreams. I think the foreign dreams stay with me longer. I remember more of their detail. I can visualize the details in those dreams longer than I can the dreams I think of as normal. I still don't know if they are reading information to me or if they are simply reciting words that I construct into something that makes sense to me. When I had a recent dream with my so-called imaginary girlfriend the other day, I can still almost hear her voice. I don't know if that means she was literally talking while I was asleep, or that I just have heard her talking enough to be able to assign her voice to any suggestion that the dream manipulator attributes to her.

This morning I dreamed I was traveling down a four-lane road towards Shelton. I was on a bicycle but I was effortlessly traveling at 75 mph. I thought to myself that I should be wearing a helmet.

{{{{{










http://www.cswap.com/1996/Independence_Day/cap/en/2_Parts/a/00_49

Independence Day


:49:16
They're opening up!










}}}}} JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

To: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Friday, February 3, 2006 6:56:36 PM

Subject: Nice talking with you in the morning


http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-bio-lilyj,0,3625909.htmlstory?coll=kcpq-newsstaff-1

I think I am in love with Lily Jang. It seems crazy to even write that, with all things considered, but, well, what isn't crazy right now?

{{{{{










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/quotes

IMDb

Memorable quotes for

Independence Day (1996)


Area 51 Guard: I'm sorry, Captain. This is a restricted area. I can't let you pass without clearance.

Captain Steven Hiller: Okay. Come here. You wanna see my clearance?

Captain Steven Hiller: Maybe I'll just leave this here with you.