Saturday, June 23, 2012

Apollo's DeQueen




I have definitely never seen before today that television series premiere episode. I can recall watching mainstream media productions from that time period but I cannot recall any details about that episode. I think about how I was still stationed aboard the USS Wainwright CG 28 during that time but I don't think I watched much television back then. I vaguely recall watching "Tour of Duty" but I think back in that timeframe I was drunk from drinking beer every night I had a chance to get off the ship that I didn't follow television series. I recall that I did go to Blockbuster video during that time and I had an apartment off-base. I only slept on the ship when I had duty, which was about every fourth day. The commissioned officer equivalent, I think, is B.O.Q. for officers, which I was not in 1989, for personnel assigned to shore stations.

Despite how many times I have referenced that dialog, referenced again below, never in a million years would I have guessed that dialog occurs as "Sam" and "Al" are standing in the locker room during the baseball game. Only just now watching the episode video streamed on the internet have I watched that dialog from that scene.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: (2006)


I happened to glance at this article and it reminded me of something I had thought of a few times in recent memory. It was a time when Randy Romines father was in the hospital. He was dying from emphysema. That would have been 1978 I believe. I spent the night at least once on the sofa in his hospital room. I can't remember for certain his name, but I'm pretty sure it was Ronnie Romine. This article describes when Ronald Reagan was in the hospital after being shot by an assassin. He was having a lot of trouble it sounds like with the breathing tubes and he wanted to thank the nurse for staying with him. The article states her name as Marisa Mize.

Seattle Times June 9, 1981
Reagan, trauma past, seeks his Florence Nightingale
Ten weeks have passed since the assassination attempt on President Reagan




I am wondering now if that article means something else. I am wondering if it means that he was waiting to hear from me personally or even that I was missing and had not returned with the Israelis from the raid. 'Florence Nightingale' may actually be code for "F.N.G."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=F.N.G.

F.N.G.

Fucking New Guy.
A term used in 'Nam to denote someone new in country. Troops who had some time under their belt wouldn't talk to them until they proved that they wouldn't die within the first few days.

So you're the fng? Don't get shot.


[ JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2006 excerpt ends ]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://articles.latimes.com/2007/feb/21/nation/na-libby21


Los Angeles Times


The Nation

For jurors, Libby case may pivot on matters of memory


"Ask yourself if that pattern is just a convenient way of avoiding the truth," prosecutor Peter R. Zeidenberg said of versions of meetings that Libby recalled for investigators. Libby had "a great memory" when it came to remembering self-serving facts, the prosecutor said derisively.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098151/quotes

IMDb

The Internet Movie Database

Memorable quotes for

"Quantum Leap" Genesis: Part 1 - September 13, 1956 (1989)


Sam: Who created this Ziggy?

Al: You. Quantum Leap is your baby. You're the genius behind it. At least you were before your brain got magnafoogled.

Sam: No, no, see, I'm a medical doctor. I found that much out.

Al: You hold six doctorates, Sam. Medicine is just one. Your special gift was quantum physics. Time magazine even called you the next Einstein. The truth is, if there's one guy who could figure how to bring you back... its you.

Sam: And I can't even remember my name!

Al: Beckett. Sam Beckett





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 4:23 PM Pacific Time USA Saturday 23 June 2012