Wednesday, June 06, 2012

"this new feeling"




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Friday, September 02, 2005 posted by H.V.O.M at 8:35 PM


For those last twelve hours or so and I shuffled a long, I could barely put one foot fully in front of the other, I am thinking about not only getting some of that food in my Jeep, but I also have this new feeling coming over me. I start to fantasize that there is going to be some kind of party waiting for me to return. There are going to be big white tents and music and brights lights and a whole lot of people I don't know. My mother is going to be there. She has some good news for me and she bought a new RV for me to rest in as she takes me back to Texas where I can get away from all this. For some reason, I think the Secret Service is tracking me while I am shuffling along because they want to protect me from whatever dangers are hiding in the bushes I pass by. I shuffle along, thinking about how nice it is going to be to take a shower and then go to sleep in the bed in the RV. I was thinking about all the food I am going to eat. Finally about 2 am, it is dark and cold and I walk along the last mile of the trail, a section I know very well from all the miles I have run on it in training for Ironman. First I notice there are no lights. I hear no music. There are no clapping and cheering crowds. I see no big RV waiting for me with its relaxing luxury in the parking lot. My mom isn't there. My Jeep Wrangler (which I have since lost) faithfully sits by itself where I left it. I climb inside, open a can with some fruit in it, accidently cut my wrist slightly on its sharp edges, and go to sleep in the driver's seat to wake up in the daylight.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 2 September 2005 excerpt ends]










http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10911FE3C5B15768FDDA80994DA405B828AF1D3

The New York Times

Article Preview

Bridge at Berlin-Potsdam Line Is Setting for Exchange of Spies; Russians March Out Pryor Leaves for U.S. Gen. Clay Is Silent

Special to The New York Times. ();

February 11, 1962,

, Section , Page 38, Column , words

[ DISPLAYING ABSTRACT ]

BERLIN, Feb. 10--An American civilian of the United States mission here joyously slapped Francis Gary Powers on the shoulder as he strode across the East-West boundary to West Berlin this morning.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:51:02 -0800 (PST)

From: "Kerry Burgess"

Subject: Re: Sleep journal - 2/9/06

To: "Kerry Burgess"


Kerry Burgess wrote:

Only remember a brief part of my dreams last night. It feels like there was more dreaming but I can only remember what seems like the last part. This felt like a normal dream and not one that was what I consider "suggested" or "manipulated." This recent dream was of me sitting in a room with three other guys. We were all wearing U.S. Navy uniforms and it seemed to be some kind of waiting room. I was enroute to a new assignment, a ship somewhere. One of the guys seemed to be a CPO, another was a LT. The third guy was a buddy of mine from the Wainwright, except that the uniform he was wearing was only similar to a U.S. Navy uniform but really wasn't. I walked out of the room with someone that I don't think was one of the first group. I was walking down some stairs.

My sleep pattern has changed over the past few days since I haven't experienced one of the foreign dreams. I am sleeping later. For the first time in a long time, I didn't get up to watch the 5 a.m. news, which is a bummer, but in all reality is a silly thing to feel bad about anyway.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 9 February 2006 excerpt ends]










[ Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi the cowardly International Terrorist Organization violently against the United States of America actively instigate insurrection and subversive activity against the United States of America with all Bill Gates-Microsoft-Corbis-Nazi staff partners contributors employees contractors lawyers managers of any capacity as severely treasonous criminal accomplices and that are active unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States that actively make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in the United States and in the Severely Treasonous and Criminally Rebellious State of Washington by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings ]


http://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1964-68v14/d26


U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

OFFICE of the HISTORIAN


Khrushchev has also shown a penchant for clever stratagems designed to entrap and confuse opponents and to increase pressures on them to grant concessions. His exploitation of the U–2 incident was intended to produce a storm of protests against US policy and to embarrass President Eisenhower on the eve of the Paris summit conference. Khrushchev confined his initial announcement of the shoot-down to bare details and then sat back to await the expected disavowal from Washington. After the US issued the cover story of a missing NASA research U–2, Khrushchev announced that he had withheld information that the pilot and aircraft were in Soviet hands, “because had we told everything at once, the Americans would have invented another version; just look how many silly things they have said.”



http://books.google.com/books?id=6coJi2hE7-gC&pg=PA140&lpg=PA140&dq=Khrushchev+%22silly+things%22&source=bl&ots=Z_24Av_mDO&sig=hOn1mTY5NwGyVg5roX-9NQJPLuU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=GUPQT6ulJMSE2wWKosW6DA&ved=0CPgDEOgBMAk#v=onepage&q=Khrushchev%20%22silly%20things%22&f=false

Google

Books


Oratorical Encounters: Selected Studies and Sources of Twentieth-Century ...

edited by Halford Ross Ryan


When word of the NASA press release reached the state department, Secretary Dillon and his aides had to discard a draft statement that they had been carefully preparing and quickly draft a release that would, like the NASA release, adhere to the initial cover story. This state department release was issue to the press at 12:45 p.m.; at 1:34 p.m., a message was received at the State Department from Ambassador Thompson in Moscow, stating that a Soviet official had told a foreign diplomat "that they had the pilot." By the time the contents of this message reached Dillon, it was too late to undo the actions taken earlier in the day. Eisenhower went to Gettysburg the following morning for a weekend of relaxation, still keeping his distance in public from the unfolding U-2 crisis, and the government continued to place its reliance on a cover story that was beginning to show considerable wear and tear.

The American response does not seem to have surprised Khrushchev. If anything, he must have been pleased. Now that the Eisenhower administration "talked themselves out and got thoroughly wound up in this unbelievable story," Khrushchev later recalled, "we decided to tell the world what had really happened. The time had come to pin down the Americans and expose their lies." This was the kairos, the most propitious moment in the rhetorical situation for a full-scale accusation.

The second part of Khrushchev's kategoria formed the main part of his closing speech before the Supreme Soviet on May 7. After a few preliminary remarks about the seven-year plan, he attacked the United States over the U-2 overflight. After recounting the State Department's May 5 press release, he provoked applause and laughter with his announcement, "Comrades, I must tell you a secret. When I was delivering my report to you, I deliberately did not say that the pilot was alive and in good health and that we have parts of the airplane. If we had reported everything at once, the Americans would have made up another version. And now look at how many silly things they have said - Lake Van, scientific research and so on. Now, when they learn the pilot is alive, they will have to think up something else. And they will!"










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/H/High_Plains_Drifter.html


High Plains Drifter


Senor, can we come to the fiesta?
No.










1973 film "High Plains Drifter" DVD video:

01:13:25


Sarah Belding: Have you ever heard the name Jim Duncan?

The Stranger: I've heard a lot of things. Why?

Sarah Belding: He was town marshal here. He's lying out there in an unmarked grave. They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind. Do you believe that?

The Stranger: What makes you think I care?

Sarah Belding: I don't know. He's the reason this town's afraid of strangers. I was going to warn you about that. Pretty funny.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:43 PM Pacific Time USA Wednesday 06 June 2012