Friday, June 08, 2012

I had no idea his birthday was July 20th.




I had never even tried to remember if I had ever even known the exact date. I awoke from a dream a short while ago, that did not have any references to his, but I did clearly see that I was at that house he and his father lived at in De Queen Arkansas back in the 1970s.

When was he and my mother married? I thought about it briefly and I decided I could recall being in the 6th grade when they were married, as well as the 7th grade. I think I had already finished the fifth grade and I think she was married to Dale Parker when I was in the 5th grade. He was killed in an accident one day when I was sitting inside the house by myself and watching cartoons on television and then she married Randy Romine sometime after that. Ah, yes, I remember riding in the back of his convertible Cadillac as we were coming back from the lake in De Queen and we heard on the radio that Elvis had died so that was 1977 but they were married for a while. That might have been the year they married. I think they were still married in 1978.

He was always kind to me.





http://www.wilkersonfuneralhomes.com/index.php?option=com_obituary&task=odisplay&id=48


WILKERSON FUNERAL HOME


Jerry Randall "Randy" Romine


Jerry Randall "Randy" Romine, age 62, a resident of Mabelvale, Arkansas died Monday, December 22, 2008 in Mabelvale.

He was born July 20, 1946 in Horatio to Ray and Margaret Cox Romine. He was a DX service station operator, retired disabled U.S. Marine veteran of the Vietnam War and a Baptist.

He was preceded in death by his parents.

He is survived by his wife, Frances Coffman Romine of Mabelvale


Funeral Services will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, December 27, 2008 in the Wilkerson Funeral Home Chapel with Virgil Romine and Rev. Charles Hebert officiating. Burial will follow in the Horatio Cemetery.





- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:06 PM Pacific Time USA Friday 08 June 2012