Friday, April 26, 2013

Dump the clone broad.




I tend to avoid referencing an entire article but there are a couple points in that article that I find compelling. I also find myself thinking, again just now as I read through it, there is something missing in my mind. I am supposed to be a full professor of advanced physics. I had some other observations that I wanted to include in my journal. The article also closes with a point I established in draft report on my offline computer and that I haven't published yet.

The crazy part about my mind is that I have all that knowledge still in my mind but I have to see again certain details in order for my regain a certain level of control over certain knowledge in my mind. The truth is so simple now: the future is already defined. The future is defined as certainly as the past.

While sleeping I dream so often of stairs and passageways and sometimes escalators. Stair builders. Builders of stairs. Some of them are going up. Some are going down. There are always, as best I recall, other people, vague figures traveling around with me.

I was trying to recall something specific I wrote before and to reference again here but I am too tired to recall specific phrase to search for. Something I wrote about how time is just data. I might not have published that in my public blog and it is still somewhere in an email I sent. Anyway, something I was thinking about how time is data and data is easily changed.

Also, a couple days ago I was sitting here in my private apartment, where no one other than me lives, and as I do sometimes infrequently, at moments I feel some kind of new sense of the profound, I spoke out loud to myself about fabricated reality. That is something new beside reality artificial, although it is similar. Fabricated reality, I was thinking recently, is about how micro-technology restructures reality around us. The micro-technology restructures our DNA, for instance, to match a new truth. People who were not related before biologically are restructured. That got me thinking about how far that restructuring would extend. Would the Earth itself become restructured somehow?





http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/26/17932187-physicist-argues-controversially-that-time-is-real?lite


Science on NBC NEWS


2 hours ago


Physicist argues, controversially, that time is real


By Clara Moskowitz

LiveScience

NEW YORK — Is time real, or the ultimate illusion?

Most physicists would say the latter, but Lee Smolin challenges this orthodoxy in his new book, "Time Reborn" (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, April 2013), which he discussed here Wednesday at the Rubin Museum of Art.

In a conversation with Duke University neuroscientist Warren Meck, theoretical physicist Smolin, who's based at Canada's Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, argued for the controversial idea that time is real. "Time is paramount," he said, "and the experience we all have of reality being in the present moment is not an illusion, but the deepest clue we have to the fundamental nature of reality." [Album: The World's Most Beautiful Equations]

Smolin said he hadn't come to this concept lightly. He started out thinking, as most physicists do, that time is subjective and illusory. According to Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity, time is just another dimension in space, traversable in either direction, and our human perception of moments passing steadily and sequentially is all in our heads.

Over time, though, Smolin became convinced not only that time was real, but that this notion could be the key to understanding the laws of nature.

"If laws are outside of time, then they're inexplicable," he said. "If law just simply is, there's no explanation. If we want to understand law … then law must evolve, law must change, law must be subject to time. Law then emerges from time and is subject to time rather than the reverse."

Smolin admitted there are objections to this idea, especially what he calls "the meta-law dilemma:" If physical laws are subject to time, and evolve over time, then there must be some larger law that guides their evolution. But wouldn't this law, then, have to be beyond time, to determine how the other laws change with time? Other physicists have cited this objection in reaction to Smolin's work.

"The problem I see with the argument for laws that evolve in time is one that you yourself identify in the book: what you call the 'meta-laws dilemma,'" Columbia University physicist Peter Woit wrote on his blog Not Even Wrong. "You speculate a bit in the book on ways to resolve this, but I don't see a convincing answer to the criticism that whatever explanation you come up with for what determines how laws evolve, I’m free to characterize that as just another law."

Smolin admitted this is currently a sticking point, but maintained that there are possible solutions.

"I believe you can resolve the meta-law dilemma," Smolin said at the Rubin event. "I think the direction of 21st-century cosmology will depend on the right way to resolve the meta-law dilemma."

Smolin and Meck discussed the consequences of his idea, including what it means for our understanding of human consciousness and free will. One implication of the idea that time is an illusion is the notion that the future is just as decided as the past.

"If I think the future's already written, then the things that are most valuable about being human are illusions along with time," Smolin said. "We still aspire to make choices in life. That is a precious part of our humanity. If the real metaphysical picture is that there are just atoms moving in the void, then nothing is ever new and nothing's ever surprising — it's just the rearrangement of atoms. There's a loss of responsibility










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2012/08/its-end-of-world-as-you-know-it.html - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:38 AM Pacific Time USA Tuesday 07 August 2012


It's the end of the world as you know it.




Thinking more this morning about my "fooey" observation in recent years I am wondering more about what I will see next month when new television shows begin to premiere in the United States.

For a long time I was lured in to the prospect that I would make an observation that would get me out here the very SOONEST but now - I guess mostly because I am still here - I think of several objectives behind what I observed. One could be just for my morale. Another could be that such activity needs to happen because we are working towards an objective after all.

There is also the fact - if you accept my so-called time-traveler effect theory - that anything I record in my journal will have to become a fact of nature because I time-travel my journal backwards in time and other human beings become aware of that future knowledge. I believe human beings are 100% incapable of generating a paradox of time so whatever I time-travel to the past is what must happen in the future. There are so many variables in my observations though that do not get recorded so I really have no idea who did what.

Ah, YES! Of course! I am a dumb bovine to think I am the only Hereford in the herd whose mind is directly affected by my so-called counter-paradox effect.

That is why I am willing to time-travel backwards in time when I know that I am changing the thoughts that form in the mind of my natural-time self.

The overall problem is not just about me. I would be affected just as anyone else but I have some kind of immunity to whatever it is that is happening.

And finally human beings still build homes and businesses in south Florida despite their knowledge of risk from hurricanes. People still live in Los Angeles despite their knowledge of what could happen at any given time.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 August 2012 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Thursday, October 07, 2010 Posted by H.V.O.M at 9:55 AM


1993





I arranged for Kerry Burgess and her to meet. Deputy US Marshal Kerry Burgess had been shot in the shoulder by gunfire from a fugitive in 1993 and she was caring for him in the months as he recovered from the injury.

The fugitive was killed by the return gunfire from Deputy US Marshal Kerry Burgess.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 7 October 2010 excerpt ends]





JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 07/31/09 10:17 PM


I wonder if I created that dialog in the 1996 "Independence Day" about how "Hiller" would not get to fly the space shuttle if he married a stipper because I was planning to launch my final mission to date on 2/11/1997. But the dialog I think is about Kerry Burgess and how he was going to marry a woman who worked as a stripper. I had a consistent and extensive line of thought recently that the woman is Lindsay Dawn Mackenzie but then I looked her age and she seems too young. Her age could be wrong though and to make her look a couple years younger.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 July 2009 excerpt ends]
[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 07 October 2010 excerpt ends]










http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-red-badge-of-courage-is-published


HISTORY


ON THIS DAY


Oct 3, 1895:

The Red Badge of Courage is published


On this day, The Red Badge of Courage, by Stephen Crane, is published in book form. The story of a young man's experience of battle was the first American novel to portray the Civil War from the ordinary soldier's point of view. The tale originally appeared as a serial published by a newspaper syndicate.

Crane, the youngest of 14 children, was born in 1871 and grew up in New York and New Jersey. His father died when Crane was 9, and the family settled in Asbury Park, New Jersey. He attended Syracuse University, where he played baseball for a year, but then left. He became a journalist in New York, taking short stints for various newspapers and living in near-poverty.

Immersed in the hand-to-mouth life of lower-class New York, Crane closely observed the characters around him, and in 1893, at age 23, he published Maggie: A Girl of the Streets, about a poor girl's decline into prostitution and suicide. Finding a publisher was difficult given the book's scandalous content, so Crane ultimately published it himself. The book was a critical success but failed to sell well. He turned his attention to more popular topics and began writing The Red Badge of Courage, which made him into an international celebrity at age 24.

The newspaper syndicate that serialized the novel sent him on assignment to cover the West and Mexico. In 1897, he went to Cuba to write about the insurrection against Spain. On the way there, he stayed at a dingy hotel where he met Cora Howard Taylor, who became his lifelong companion. In 1897, his boat to Cuba sank, and he barely survived. His short story "The Open Boat" is based on his experiences in a lifeboat with the captain and the cook. Crane later covered the war between Greece and Turkey, and finally settled in England, where he made friends with Joseph Conrad, H.G. Wells, and Henry James.

Crane contracted tuberculosis in his late 20s. Cora Howard Taylor nursed him while he wrote furiously in an attempt to pay off his debts. He exhausted himself and exacerbated his condition. He died in June 1900, at the age of 28.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Time_Machine_The.html


Time Machine The


Professor, you're shivering. I hope you're not coming down with something.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:35 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 26 April 2013