Friday, April 19, 2013

You can keep the kilt. I'll tell them what the smile on my face meant.




http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=38040

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Toasts at a White House Dinner for the Prince and Princess of Wales

November 9th, 1985


This evening we've gathered on a happy occasion, a celebration of the "Treasure Houses of Britain," perhaps the most magnificent exhibition ever mounted and five centuries of British achievement, five centuries of elegance, beauty, and charm; I should add, wit. When Nancy and I toured the exhibition, we were struck by a settee from Balmoral Castle, constructed almost entirely of deer antlers. I've been wondering ever since whether something like that could be done with cattle horns out on the ranch.










http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Transcript:Rising


STARGATE WIKI


Transcript:Rising


O'NEILL
This isn't a long trip, so I'll be as succinct as possible.

[He glares at Sheppard for several moments.]

SHEPPARD
Well, that's pretty succinct.

O'NEILL
Thank you.

SHEPPARD
I told Dr. Weir that, you know, I'd think about it.

O'NEILL
And? So? Well? What?

SHEPPARD
With all due respect, sir, we were just attacked by an alien missile. And then I found out I have some mutant gene. Then there's this "Stargate thing" and these expeditions to other galaxies.

O'NEILL
You know, this isn't about you, Sheppard. It's a lot bigger than that.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:31 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 19 April 2013