Wednesday, April 03, 2013

With all due respect, Chaplain, I don't think our maker wants to hear from me right now.




You see, when I enter my so-called Empty World, which someone back in 1985, for example, called something similar "The Quiet Earth, you have nothing to hope for anymore.

There is no reason for hope.

What's the point to shopping, My Brother's Wife, when everything is free for the taking?

I keep wondering why I am still here in this place and now finally I think I know precisely why.





http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_nnm.html


NEVER NO MORE


Original Air Date: 4th February 1996


On board the Saratoga, Vansen stares out a window, watching a moon. In the background we hear Patsy Cline singing Never No More.

Never no more, will I be all alone.

Never no more, will I be a stay-at-home.

'Cause I've got me somebody

who makes me happy when I'm blue.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/trivia

IMDb


The Quiet Earth (1985)


Quotes


[recording his audio log]

Zac Hobson: Zac Hobson, July 5th. One: there has been a malfunction in Project Flashlight with devastating results. Two: it seems I am the only person left on Earth.










http://www.tv.com/shows/space-above-and-beyond/never-no-more-1-72603/


tv.com


Space: Above and Beyond Season 1 Episode 15

Never No More (1)


AIRED: 2/4/96





http://www.tv.com/shows/space-above-and-beyond/the-angriest-angel-2-72604/


tv.com


Space: Above and Beyond Season 1 Episode 16

The Angriest Angel (2)


AIRED: 2/11/96










http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_nnm.html


NEVER NO MORE


Original Air Date: 4th February 1996


HALL: This is Yellow Jacket. I've got an angel on the lidar. Confirm?

BRANDT: Negative.

CURRAN: Roger that, negative. Just the 'toga, five point eight M.S.K.s.

One of the Hammerheads is hit by enemy fire and explodes.

MALE VOICE: Juke right, juke right.

Another Hammerhead is hit.

HALL: What happened?

FEMALE PILOT: I've got no Brandt, visual or hud. What the hell is going on?

MALE VOICE: It's locked on me.

Another Hammerhead is hit. Brandt can see what is happening.

BRANDT: (gasps) Goodbye, John.

Brandt's Hammerhead explodes. An alien fighter cruises into view. "Abandon all hope" is painted on its side.















http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/janesaddiction/beencaughtstealing.html


JANE'S ADDICTION


"Been Caught Stealing"

I've been caught stealing;
once when I was 5...
I enjoy stealing.
It's just as simple as that.
Well, it's just a simple fact.
When I want something,
I don't want to pay for it.

I walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

My girl, she's one too.
She'll go and get her a skirt.
Stick it under her shirt.
She grabbed a razor for me.
And she did it just like that.
When she wants something,
She don't want to pay for it.

She walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

We sat around the pile.
We sat and laughed.
We sat and laughed and
Waved it into the air!
And we did it just like that.
When we want something,
We don't want to pay for it.

We walk right through the door.
Walk right through the door.
Hey, all right! If I get by, it's mine,
Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine...










http://www.chakoteya.net/movies/movie7.html

Star Trek Generations


PICARD: What about Soran?

GUINAN: If he's still obsessed he could be a very, very dangerous man.

PICARD: Why would he destroy a star? ...Thank you, Guinan.

GUINAN: If you go, you're not going to care about anything.










http://www.divxmoviesenglishsubtitles.com/T/Time_Machine_The.html


Time Machine The


- I don't believe it. - Well,
if you don't like the answers, you should avoid asking the questions.
Look at them. They have no knowledge of the past,
no ambition for the future










http://fanficflightdeck.space-readyroom.de/GenStories/transcript_nnm.html


NEVER NO MORE


Original Air Date: 4th February 1996


OAKES: Lieutenant Vansen claims to have visually contacted an alien aircraft. Neither myself, Lieutenant Sullivan nor lidar saw any such craft. Lieutenant Vansen broke radio silence, abandoned formation and then the Lieutenant told us to turn tail and run. Now I don't know if that's how the 58th flies but in the 35th ...

Hawkes goes for Oakes.

HAWKES: The 58th flies ...

McQueen pulls Hawkes off.

McQUEEN: I said get back.

West leads Hawkes away.

VANSEN: I was there for you as ordered.

McQUEEN: Lieutenant ... you were ordered not to reveal your position. Now what evidence did you have of enemy activity?

VANSEN: I am not at liberty to discuss such evidence at the present time.

OAKES: And what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Vansen mouths 'I saw' at McQueen.

OAKES: Now she's just trying to cover her ass.

McQUEEN: Make a report, Captain.

McQueen takes Vansen's arm and leads her away.

Cut to a briefing room lit with red light. The senior military brass sit around a table.

VANSEN: It was approximately seventeen metres equal distance tri-wing, span ten to fifteen metres. Angle of attack was much more pronounced than standard enemy attack space craft. I did not detect any indication of the craft's position on my S.A.43 lidar. And I believe that it is capable of broadcasting false information. The craft had a fuselage. And it was bullet shaped and I didn't get a very good look. However, the nose had been marked. Writing. English. And a crude human skull.

ADMIRAL BRODEN: Could you discern its message?

VANSEN: It read ... abandon all hope.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 11:47 PM Pacific Time Seattle USA Wednesday 03 April 2013