Saturday, November 14, 2015

"Poems, no less! Poems, everybody!"




JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 2:43 PM Tuesday, October 25, 2011


around me all the time when I am outside and they are speaking details within my hearing range that are relevant


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 25 October 2011 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/12/freaked-out-ncis-tuesday-17-december.html - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:04 PM Pacific Time somewhere near Seattle Washington USA Tuesday 17 December 2013


Freaked-out "NCIS" Tuesday 17 December 2013



Clearly my reaction.

I didn't even watch this stupid episode until today, watching it now after watching its stupid companion "NCIS" episode just before I am now watching the stupid "NCIS: Los Angeles" episode from last week.

Clearly my thoughts a few hours ago earlier today while wide awake are prescient.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 17 December 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 2:52 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Thursday 16 July 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/07/theres-another-one.html


There's another one.



Not referenced here but that wasn't even a sleeping dream. That was wide awake.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 16 July 2015 excerpt ends]



































10800_DSC01708.JPG










From 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) To 1/13/1996 is 1764 days

1764 = 882 + 882

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/1968 ( premiere US film "2001: A Space Odyssey" ) is 882 days



From 12/25/1991 ( as United States Marine Corps chief warrant officer Kerry Wayne Burgess I was prisoner of war in Croatia ) To 1/13/1996 is 1480 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 11/21/1969 ( the first permanent ARPANET link was established and was between UCLA and Stanford Research Institute ) is 1480 days



From 7/30/1934 ( premiere US film "The Star Packer" ) To 12/20/1994 ( in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 22058 days

22058 = 11029 + 11029

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/1996 is 11029 days



From 11/9/1962 ( the US NASA X-15 crash ) To 1/19/1993 ( in Asheville North Carolina as United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess I was seriously wounded by gunfire when I returned fatal gunfire to a fugitive from United States federal justice who was another criminal sent by Bill Gates-Nazi-Microsoft-George Bush the cowardly violent criminal in another attempt to kill me the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) is 11029 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/1996 is 11029 days



From 12/26/1942 ( premiere US film "Marines in the Making" ) To 3/7/1973 ( premiere US TV series pilot "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"The Moon and the Desert" ) is 11029 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/13/1996 is 11029 days



[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/09/interstellar.html ]


http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=52825

The American Presidency Project

William J. Clinton

XLII President of the United States: 1993-2001

Remarks to American Troops at Tuzla Airfield, Bosnia-Herzegovina

January 13, 1996

The President. General Nash, Sergeant Major Tilley, the men and women of Task Force Eagle, the 1st Armored Division, the 3d Infantry Division, the 3d Battalion of the Three-Two-Five Parachute Infantry Regiment, the Air Force 4100th Provisional Group, the legendary Red Horse engineers, the Navy Seabees, and all the veterans of the Tuzla mud: I am proud to stand with you today on dry ground. I come with a simple message: Your country is very proud of you. I'm glad to be joined here today by General Shalikashvili; by General Joulwan; our Ambassador to the United Nations, Madeleine Albright; and a very distinguished delegation from the United States Congress. They're standing over there to my left and to your right. I hope you will make them feel welcome. They are here to support you.

We know that you are the best trained, best equipped, best prepared fighters in the world. Time and again, you have stood down aggression. Time and again you have triumphed in war. But to Bosnia you came on a mission of peace, a mission for heroes. We thank you for defending our Nation's values and our Nation's interests. We thank you for helping the Bosnian people. Men and women of Operation Joint Endeavor, we thank you here for being warriors for peace.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084503/releaseinfo

IMDb


Pink Floyd The Wall (1982)

Release Info

USA 6 August 1982 (New York City, New York)










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/releaseinfo

IMDb


2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Release Info

USA 2 April 1968 (Washington, D.C.) (premiere)










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34433

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Presentation Ceremony for the Presidential Scholars Awards

June 17, 1987

I thank you, and welcome to the White House—Secretary Bennett, Ronna Romney, and all of you, our 1987 Presidential Scholars. You're the 23d class of Presidential Scholars and the 5th of those I've had the opportunity to meet and congratulate. I have to admit, I always feel a little uneasy when I'm in the midst of so much academic achievement.

Sometime ago, my alma mater, Eureka College, out in Illinois, gave me an honorary degree. I was very grateful, but I had an uneasy feeling that—well, a sense of guilt that I'd nursed for a number of years, because I always suspected that the first one they gave me was honorary. [Laughter] But as I said, today we're here to congratulate all 140 of you on your outstanding achievements and to congratulate some others as well: your teachers and your parents. I know who the parents are; they're the ones grinning from ear to ear. [Laughter]

In the last several years, America's found a new way to talk about education, a way summed up in just one word, and you're an example of it: excellence. Now, it may sound strange to say that the emphasis on quality is new, but a few years ago it seemed that we'd lost sight of excellence as the goal in education. Too many schools had turned to fads like grade inflation and abolishing basic requirements. And then 4 years ago our National Commission on Excellence in Education issued its report card on American schools. They found that high school students then were scoring lower on achievement tests than at any point in the past 26 years and that 13 percent of all 17-year-olds were functionally illiterate. They said that if a foreign power had done the damage to our schools that we ourselves had permitted, we might have considered it an act of war.

Well, there's one thing about America: Once we recognize we have a problem, we pitch in, pull together, and solve it. In the past 4 years all 50 States have set up task forces on education. Many States have stiffened graduation requirements and begun to reward quality teaching. All across the Nation, communities have recognized that the key to a good education is not in the pocketbook, in how much we spend, but in the heart, in the values that guide learning. It's in mastering basics, the three R's—reading, writing, arithmetic. And it's in what you might call the three F's, and those are faith, family, and freedom. The funny thing is, as schools begin to return to the basics of skill and character the test scores stopped falling and started up again.

You yourselves reflected these basics in the essays you wrote as part of the Presidential Scholar program. Not all of what you wrote dealt with values; some had to do with careers you aspire to, although those were also revealing—music, dance, teaching, scientific research, medicine. A few of you, of course, are undecided. One of you wrote, "Well, I'd like to have a career eventually. That's a start." And let me say, you know something, don't worry about it if you haven't made up your mind yet; that's okay. When Eureka College gave me that first degree, I still couldn't say to anyone exactly what I wanted to do. So, just look what happened. [Laughter] But that's how I felt when I was your age. And it's not true that Abe Lincoln was my guidance counselor- [laughter] —or that I was his. [Laughter]










From 8/6/1982 ( premiere US film "Pink Floyd The Wall" ) To 6/5/1987 ( from my official United States Navy documents: "Earned NEC 1189" ) is 1764 days

1764 = 882 + 882

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official Deputy United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 4/2/1968 ( premiere US film "2001: A Space Odyssey" ) is 882 days


[ See also: http://hvom.blogspot.com/2014/07/now-just-imagine-they-tried-doing-none.html ]


































thm_univac_1219_module_cabinet.jpg










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/quotes

IMDb


2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Quotes


HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."

[sings while slowing down]

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you.



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:10 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 14 November 2015