Saturday, November 14, 2015

Battle Ready




http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=2001-a-space-odyssey

Springfield! Springfield!


2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)


I know this sounds rather incredible,
but this conclusion is based on...
... the results from our twin
We're skeptical, and we're running
cross-checking routines...
... to determine reliability
of this conclusion.










http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=34433

The American Presidency Project

Ronald Reagan

XL President of the United States: 1981 - 1989

Remarks at the Presentation Ceremony for the Presidential Scholars Awards

June 17, 1987


And then 4 years ago our National Commission on Excellence in Education issued its report card on American schools. They found that high school students then were scoring lower on achievement tests than at any point in the past 26 years and that 13 percent of all 17-year-olds were functionally illiterate. They said that if a foreign power had done the damage to our schools that we ourselves had permitted, we might have considered it an act of war.










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 05:17 AM Pacific Time Seattle USA Friday 22 February 2013 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2013/02/chain-reaction.html


Back in the year 2003 I wrote a letter on my computer at home and I printed it out on to paper and I put that letter in a stamped envelope for the postal service and I sent that letter through the United States Postal Service. I had the envelope of the letter addressed specifically to the Chief of [ Naval ] Operations United States Navy and I referenced a special projects branch I had found on the internet.


I mailed the letter to the Chief of Operations United States Navy and told them I should have received the Silver Star.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 22 February 2013 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: - posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 6:32 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Tuesday 23 June 2015 - http://hvom.blogspot.com/2015/06/ah-i-think-were-at-some-kind-of.html


Also, I have been thinking more today about how I have reacted to memories I still have of the time period before 6/13/2005.


I think of that change now as being some kind of loss of context. Not so much a fragmentation of memory but a loss of context about memory. A key fact changed and so that causes my mind to ignore certain facts about before 6/13/2005.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 23 June 2015 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 9:47 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Saturday 14 November 2015