Sunday, November 01, 2015

"August Moon"




http://www.e-reading.org.ua/bookreader.php/80261/King_-_The_Stand.html


Stephen King

The Stand - The Complete & Uncut Edition


Chapter 39


He sang: “She brought me coffee… she brought me tea… she brought me… damn near everything… but the workhouse key. Right, Lloyd?”

“Sure,” Lloyd said huskily. His eyes never left the small dark stone. Flagg began to walk it from one finger to the next like a magician doing a trick.

“Now you’re a man who must appreciate the value of a good key,” the man said. The dark stone disappeared in his clenched fist and suddenly reappeared in his other hand, where it began to finger-walk again. “I’m sure you are. Because what a key is for is opening doors. Is there anything more important in life than opening doors, Lloyd?”










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:15 PM

To: 'L1 - The Homestead'

Subject: RE: Desiree from The Homestead!

Hi Desiree,

The drive back here to Renton was just as interesting as the drive out there yesterday. After driving a car for the first time in over 8 years I find that I don’t really miss it that much. Especially the gas prices!

That other apartment does interest me.

Is that another one that is presently occupied?

Same time for move-in?

I know that I’ll sleep much better on the top floor. I have a sunken floor now here in Renton and I get up many times during the night looking around corners.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 August 2013 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 09:37 AM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Sunday 01 November 2015