Friday, November 06, 2015

"Enthusiasms."






















http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Gallery.aspx

The official website of The British Monarchy


http://www.royal.gov.uk/List%20Images/Latest%20News/Oct15/Eng3(388x340).gif

The Queen presents The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering to Dr Robert Langer during a reception in the Throne Room at Buckingham Palace, 26 October 2015.










https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_S._Langer


Robert S. Langer

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robert Samuel Langer, Jr. FREng (born August 29, 1948 in Albany, New York) is an American engineer, scientist, entrepreneur, inventor and the David H. Koch Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was formerly the Germeshausen Professor of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering and maintains activity in the Department of Chemical Engineering and the Department of Biological Engineering at MIT. He is also a faculty member of the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology and the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research. He is a widely recognized and cited researcher in biotechnology, especially in the fields of drug delivery systems and tissue engineering. As of November 5, 2015, his publications have been cited over 177,000 and his h-index is 214. (Note that his most cited paper is not yet included on the google scholar webpage.) Langer is recognized as the most cited engineer in history. Langer's research laboratory at MIT is the largest biomedical engineering lab in the world, maintaining over $10 million in annual grants and over 100 researchers. Langer is also currently[when?] on the board of directors at Bind Therapeutics and Ocata Therapeutics. In 2015, Langer was awarded the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering, the most influential prize in the world for engineering.


He has received numerous other awards, including the Gairdner Foundation International Award (1996), the Lemelson-MIT Prize for invention and innovation (1998)










From 4/18/1923 ( Yankee Stadium opens in New York City ) To 8/29/1948 is 9265 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 3/16/1991 ( my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate Columbia South Carolina ) is 9265 days



From 8/29/1948 To 10/27/1991 ( the World Series Game 7 ) is 15764 days

15764 = 7882 + 7882

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 6/2/1987 ( premiere US film "The Untouchables" ) is 7882 days



From 6/15/1923 ( the professional major league baseball debut of Lou Gehrig ) To 8/29/1948 is 9207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 also known as Matthew Kline for official duty and also known as Wayne Newman for official duty ) is 9207 days



From 6/15/1923 ( the professional major league baseball debut of Lou Gehrig ) To 8/29/1948 is 9207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 1/17/1991 ( RACKETEER INFLUENCED AND CORRUPT ORGANIZATIONS US Title 18 - the Persian Gulf War begins as scheduled severe criminal activity against the United States of America ) is 9207 days



From 8/29/1948 To 3/8/1974 ( premiere US TV series episode "The Six Million Dollar Man"::"Eyewitness to Murder" ) is 9322 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 5/12/1991 ( I was the winning race driver at the Formula One Monaco Grand Prix ) is 9322 days



From 8/29/1948 To 5/21/1969 ( the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD ) is 7570 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my birth date in Antlers Oklahoma USA and my birthdate as the known official United States Marshal Kerry Wayne Burgess and active duty United States Marine Corps officer ) To 7/25/1986 ( premiere US film "Maximum Overdrive" ) is 7570 days





http://www.amc.edu/news/PR_597.cfm

ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE


MIT Researcher and Albany Native Who Pioneered New Methods for Drug Delivery Named Recipient of America's Top Prize in Medicine

April 29, 2005 - Albany , NY

ALBANY, N.Y., April 29, 2005


Langer was born in Albany, N.Y., on August 29, 1948.










http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091499/quotes

IMDb


Maximum Overdrive (1986)

Quotes


Man At Cashpoint: Honey! C'mon over here, Sugar-buns. This machine just called me an asshole!










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: Posted by H.V.O.M at 8:12 PM Thursday, August 06, 2009


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Bartz

Carol Bartz

Carol Ann Bartz (born August 29, 1948) is the President and CEO of Yahoo!, the internet services company which operates the second most visited website in the world.


On January 13, 2009, Bartz was named CEO of Yahoo!, the internet services company which operates the second most-visited website in the world. She succeeded co-founder Jerry Yang in that position. During a conference call with financial analysts later in January 2009, she announced her intention to make sure Yahoo! got "some friggin' breathing room"


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 06 August 2009 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: July 31, 2006


These people seem to think that I want to know that they are stealing my privacy. Freaking world of psychos. I am the only person in this world that can sit alone in a room and still be surrounded by all you psychos.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 31 July 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 10/1/2006 3:57 PM
Microsoft makes a big deal about protecting their intellectual property because they know how much I.P. they are stealing from others. It is just like those news articles that began appearing after I quit Microsoft about the company searching for the leaker of source code. When someone reveals their wrongdoing, they accuse, or create the appearance, that their accuser is doing what they are guilty of doing, which in this case is of stealing others intellectual property.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 01 October 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: 9/15/2006 8:10 AM


There was also that company meeting where Ballmer said a couple things suspicious. I think it was that last one I went to at Safeco Field in 2003. It was that day it was really cold in the stadium. He started off saying something about how we were not prisoners of war. I have written about that recently at least one time. He also made another comment that caught my attention. It was as though there was this secret discussion about me going on among all these people in some forum I could not find. He made a comment as though he was describing his opinion about something I had said and that was being discussed in that forum. He was commenting about something I had written, I am certain, in my personal journal. While I knew that Microsoft could monitor my email, I found it highly objectionable that they would let all these people monitor my communications like that. I can’t quite articulate what I want to say here. I need to think more about it. Imagine that people are talking about you somewhere and you don’t know what they are saying.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 15 September 2006 excerpt ends]










JOURNAL ARCHIVE: From: Kerry Burgess

Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:05 PM

To: Kerry Burgess

Subject: Re: The Explanation


Kerry Burgess wrote:
And of course, there is that unpleasantness about Rove, Libby, et.al leaking Plame's identity to the press in a shocking attempt to discredit a critic of Bush's leadership. Not only are they retaliating against me for my comments on that, but because I am a critic too. I suspect my email back in 2003 were I was talking in an email about the Iraqis being smart, along with that weird tip I got about email being forwarded to an account with Texas in it. I wonder if that is what triggered that whole "cakewalk" business.

I think most of us expected a George H.W. Bush version of Iraq but instead we got a Saddam "Mother of All Battles" version of Iraq, just a decade later and a different Bush.


[JOURNAL ARCHIVE 18 February 2006 excerpt ends]



- posted by H.V.O.M - Kerry Wayne Burgess 8:18 PM Pacific Time Spokane Valley Washington USA Friday 06 November 2015