Monday, December 04, 2023

Today is 12/04/2023






2023-12-04_1
2023-12-04_2









From 11/10/1967 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"Metamorphosis" ) To 12/4/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 20478 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/26/2021 ( by me, Kerry Burgess ) is 20478 days









Star Trek - "Metamorphosis" - tv-series Season 2 Episode 9, 11/10/1967

Episode Summary

When their shuttle is diverted to a planetoid, Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encounter Earth's Warp Drive pioneer, Zefram Cochrane, who appears to have survived there alone for 150 years.

(from internet transcript)

[Outside the shuttlecraft]

MCCOY: Spock! Are you all right?

SPOCK: Yes. Quite all right, Doctor. A most fascinating thing happened. Apparently, the Companion imparted to me a rather quaint, old-fashioned electric shock of respectable voltage.

MCCOY: It attacked you?

SPOCK: Evidently. Unquestionably, a large part of its substance is simple electricity.

MCCOY: Oh, yes. I'm not a scientist or a physicist, Mister Spock, but am I correct in assuming that anything that generates electricity can be shorted out?

SPOCK: Quite correct, Doctor.

[Cochrane's home]

(Spock is demonstrating the device he has put on the table.)

SPOCK: Put this in the proximity of the Companion, throw this switch, and it will scramble every electrical impulse the creature can produce. It cannot fail.

KIRK: It troubles you, Cochrane?

COCHRANE: The Companion saved my life. It's taken care of me all these years. We've been very close in a way that's hard to explain. I suppose I even have an affection for it.

KIRK: It's also keeping you prisoner.

COCHRANE: I don't want it killed.

SPOCK: We may simply render it powerless.

COCHRANE: But you don't know. You could kill it. I won't stand for that.

KIRK: We're getting out of here, Cochrane. Face up to it. I'll do anything I have to to save all of our lives.

COCHRANE: I suppose from your point of view, you're right.

MCCOY: We understand how you feel, Mister Cochrane, but it has to be done.

COCHRANE: All right. You want me to contact it?

KIRK: Please. Outside.

COCHRANE: What was it they used to call it? The Judas goat? (leaves)

SPOCK: There is some risk, Captain. We do not know the extent of its powers.

KIRK: Nor it ours.

[Outside Cochrane's home]

(Cochrane 'calls' and the Companion comes just as before. When it has enveloped him, Kirk gives the word.)

KIRK: Now.

(The jolt knocks Cochrane out and the Companion comes towards the dwelling, apparently angry.)

[Cochrane's home]

(It enters, blows up Spock's contraption then attacks Kirk and Spock. They are rolling around on the floor inside the sparkly thing, clutching their throats.)









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

page 405 of 1663

This was like the moments of rye-stench quiet from his youth.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 8:01 PM August 22, 2021

I still cannot reconcile that detail in my mind about my personal activities in 1990, just after my honorable-discharge USN

I wrote about it because of that scene from the 2004 "Lost" tv-series

That guy gets sucked into the crashed engine

That reminded me of my neck-tie

Every time I relive those details in my mind, I wonder if there is some critical detail I can no longer recall

But cannot be

The details are too consistent

Not too long ago, I decided that I am struggling to remember Thomas Reagan when I first met him

My theory being that he was there in Ashdown, Arkansas, at the same time as I

"As I"

*I* have no idea if any detail I remember about the past is my own

Now, you see, you dim-wit dullards out there, *you* will never get it

I've wanted to go back and explain to a person - one of the very rare people I've reached out to - just why I wanted to reach out to her on Facebook

I've never known that person but I was left with a sense of snootiness, just as with the very few people I've written personally

In that episode, Thedia shared a photo of me as an infant - I've described all this before

Apparently, lurking deep in my subconscious was memory of that photo, which I had undoubtedly seen many times over my life, through the 1990s

Thedia didn't say a word about it to me - absolutely no attempt to help me clear up this extreme struggle in my mind with reconciling the past

No, only after the fact, did she share on her Facebook page an old photo of me as an infant and that woman I contacted was in photo

Last time I saw Thedia in person she sent me some dumb email about "nurturing me as a baby" or some dumb crap

No, there has been absolutely no support out there for me in this baffling struggle

People hear my message and they can see the world only from their own life of ridiculously and mediocrity.

So, I don't what was the point of my public campaign.

Eventually, I pieced together the details about my excursion back to Ashdown, Arkansas, in 1990

I discovered that only recently had the high-school graduation dates changed

And this works only because of that change:

From 7/19/1989 ( the United Airlines Flight 232 crash in Sioux City Iowa and from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the end of Kerry Burgess - *me* - the natural human being cloned from another human being {Thomas Reagan} ) To 5/25/1990 ( ) is 310 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/8/1966 ( premiere US TV series "Star Trek" ) is 310 days

What I always remember about that is my neck-tie got caught in the fan of a computer I was working on just before I left to travel there by commercial-airline

And yet, there are conflicting details that nag at me, making me think of my theory that Thomas Reagan was there, too



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 8:45 PM August 22, 2021

See, the operative detail - in the conflict of memory I cannot reconcile - is that it centers on a three-day weekend.

*Everything* about that memory is because of three-day weekend. Flying commercially back to Arkansas.

So, as I've worked on it in my mind

All the time I've worked on it in my mind, the thought comes up sometimes that maybe I am mis-remembering details spanning two different three-day weekends

But no.

No, that's impossible.

Could have happened only in 1990 and just after my enlistment ended

AND the reason it cannot reconcile in my mind is BECAUSE of how I can clearly remember my precise activities during the second occurrence of a three-day weekend in 1990: Labor Day

The first was Memorial Day.

Melissa's kid had a birthday that same time

Which I cannot visualize.

I do visualize being in Ashdown at my old high-school that day in 1990, that Friday night after my flight arrived in Texarkana

In 1990 for Labor Day, I remember suddenly deciding, that Friday evening, to drive down to Charleston, SC, from where I had started working in Greenville

I remember that clearly

My most recent ex-girlfriend's sister recognized me in the crowd at a nightclub downtown Charleston

I remember clearly that was Labor Day

So, that eliminates the possibility I've misremembered critical details









From 7/16/1963 ( ) To 8/16/2021 ( ) is 21216 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/4/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 21216 days









by me, Kerry Burgess posted by me: 10:10 AM August 17, 2021

Would be something if an image captured casually by me at night-time is what causes me to invent time-travel

Everything that's ever happened, everything that will ever happen, surrounds us at any given time.









by me, Kerry Burgess posted by me, August 16, 2021

A few hours ago, I awoke in bed in the dark

I looked over at the digital-clock next to my bed

The clock suggested the current time was 11:57 PM

I had to concentrate for few moments

My question was answered when I saw the lights on the fan next to my bed, thoughts in my mind, from sleeping, as though I was aware of people talking about the electricity at that time being off

But nope, that fan was on.

Looked around into living-room, other stuff's on

About an hour ago, during the 7 AM broadcast of the same news of the day, they informed me of a system-wide power-outage here in Spokane Valley, where I live

I looked it up, in the past hour

Is scheduled to begin tonight at 11:59 PM, today, Monday, 8/16/2021

Because of an Osprey bird nest, they're taking down the entire power grid to remove it and make some repairs










DSC03932 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane Valley, 08/17/2021 12:45 AM - f/1.8 , 1 second exposure , ISO-800
DSC03939 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane Valley, 08/17/2021 12:52 AM - f/1.8 , 30 second exposure , ISO-320
DSC03945 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane Valley, 08/17/2021 01:02 AM - f/1.8 , 30 second exposure , ISO-500









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me, 08/17/2021

Even with the complete blackout of the service-area of my utility provider, I could have still walked around outside easily, just due to light-pollution from the non-affected areas.

The final images in this collection captured by me was set manually to 1/20-second exposure-time and appeared to me closest to how I actually viewed the surroundings at that time.

DSC03949 DSC03950 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane Valley, 08/17/2021 01:04 AM










DSC03949 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane Valley, 08/17/2021 01:04 AM - f/1.8 , 1/20 second exposure , ISO-12800
DSC03950 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, Spokane Valley, 08/17/2021 01:04 AM - f/1.8 , 1/20 second exposure , ISO-12800









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

page 413 of 1663

"What the hell is that *noise*?" She turned and surveyed the workshop, hunting for the source of it.

Walker set down his fork and adjusted the volume. The knob was soldered onto a series of resistors; the knob itself was called a potentiometer. He had a sudden impulse to explain all of this

He could explain how he had figured out the amplifier, how the potentiometer was really just an adjustable resistor, how each little twist of the dial could hone the volume to whatever he -

Walker stopped. He picked up his fork and stirred his corn. He could hear Scottie whispering from the shadows.

"That's better," Shirly said, referring to the reduced hiss. "That's a worse sound than the old generator used to make. Hell, if you *can* turn that down, why ever have it up so loud?"









From 11/30/1981 ( premiere USA TV series episode "M*A*S*H"::"Communication Breakdown" ) To 12/4/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 15344 days

15344 = 7672 + 7672

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 11/4/1986 ( as me, Kerry Burgess, my official enlisted US Navy documents includes: Date Completed - US Navy Fire Control Technician Class "A", Service School Command, Naval Training Center, Great Lakes, Illinois, - leading to permanent assignment until 1990 to CF-division, Missile Plot - guided-missiles Fire Control Computers Complex (UNIVAC digital-computers Mk152 Terrier System for, primarily, SM2-ER {Extended Range} Standard Missiles ordnance), USS Wainwright CG-28, US Navy, while enlisted paygrade E-5, designated Petty Officer Second Class Fire Controlman (FC2) ) is 7672 days










2023-12-04_3










2023-12-04_4










fcsclass03_pg-0_cover_1










2023-12-04_5









excerpts

https://hvom.blogspot.com/2023/12/today-is-12032023.html

by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me at 12:36 AM December 03, 2023

by me, Kerry Burgess, Pacific-time USA 12/02/2023 9:55 PM (3 hours behind NYC time)

by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/02/2023 07:00 AM

"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

Chapter 36

Juliette smiled, set her teeth, and yanked back ferociously.



https://www.imdb.com/title/tt30057116/

IMDb

Saturday Night Live

S49.E6

Emma Stone/Noah Kahan

Episode aired Dec 2, 2023

Host Emma Stone

[ excerpts ends - by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me at 12:36 AM December 03, 2023 ]









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author

page 414 of 1163

"Slowly," he said

And sure enough, the static from the speakers modulated. It was as if the crunching plastic had begun to move and bounce around the room.

"What am I even doing?"

"Helping an old man - "

" - yeah, I might need you up here on this one - "

Walker dropped his fork and held out his hand for her to stop. She had gone past it though, into the static once more. Shirly seemed to intuit this. She bit her lip and wiggled the knob the other way until the voices returned.

"Sounds good. It's quiet down here anyway. You need me to bring my kit?"

"You did it," Shirly whispered to Walker, as if these people could hear her it she spoke too loudly. "You fixed - "

Walker held up his hand. The chatter continued.









From 1/27/1961 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Twilight Zone"::"The Invaders") To 2/28/2019 ( debut of "Space Engineers" by Keen Software House ) is 21216 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/4/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 21216 days










space-engineers_04-03-2021_2 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
space-engineers_04-16-2020_3 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess
space-engineers_04-16-2020_6 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734648/

IMDb

The Twilight Zone

S2.E15

The Invaders

Episode aired Jan 27, 1961

When a woman investigates a clamor in the attic of her rural house, she discovers a small UFO with little aliens emerging from it. Or so it seems.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/04/2023 04:26 AM

What's important is the thoughts formed in my conscious mind over the past few hours

I know they happened first because I can remember what I was doing at the time. One really important point, not described here, is the thoughts that formed in my conscious mind as I warmed in the microwave-oven to tepid level canned soup

Hours later, I followed that hunch and checked my original work code-pattern

Almost a full day ago I began thinking again of this story being a variation on a theme:

multiple silos

Here is this real-world a literal discovery of the topic popular in science-fiction: mirror universes

Then I started to remember all the work I did because of "The Peripheral"









"Wool" book 1 of the "Silo" series, by Hugh Howey, author ( first read 12/04/2023 by me, Kerry Burgess, for the first time ever and the point of this note and the content formed around this point )

page 416 of 1663

"Wait!" Walker wiped his beard with his palm and jabbed a fork toward the strewn collection of radio parts. Shirly stood a pace away, looking back at him, smiling.

"Deputy *Roberts*?" Walked asked. "Who in all the levels is *that*?"









From 9/19/1964 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Soldier" ) To 10/21/2022 ( premiere USA streaming video-serial Amazon Video "The Peripheral" ) is 21216 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/4/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 21216 days









https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19980410-01.2.18&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Princeton University

Daily Princetonian, Volume 122, Number 46, 10 April 1998

On Joy Of Finding 'Inner Peace' Letters

If you're unhappy, please read on.









From 9/19/1964 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Soldier" ) To 4/10/1998 ( ) is 12256 days

12256 = 6128 + 6128

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 8/13/1982 ( premiere USA film "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" ) is 6128 days



From 5/21/1969 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the Princeton University doctor of medicine degree graduation of my biological brother Dr Thomas Reagan MD and in 1973 the law-doctorate graduate of University of Oxford, England ) To 4/10/1998 ( ) is 10551 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/22/1994 ( premiere USA TV series "Friends"::series premiere episode "The One Where Monica Gets a Roommate" ) is 10551 days



From 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my US Navy Cross medal date of record ) To 4/10/1998 ( ) is 1207 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 2/21/1969 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Star Trek"::"The Way to Eden" ) is 1207 days



https://theprince.princeton.edu/princetonperiodicals/?a=d&d=Princetonian19980410-01.2.18&e=-------en-20--81-byDA-txt-txIN-------

Princeton University

Daily Princetonian, Volume 122, Number 46, 10 April 1998

On Joy Of Finding 'Inner Peace' Letters

If none of these work for you, then it's your genes.









by me, Kerry Burgess: 10/24/2006 1:05 PM

I was sitting in the waiting room at the VA this morning









Swift Vets and POWs for Truth

From Wikipedia

Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, formerly known as the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT), was a political group (527 group) of United States Swift boat veterans and former prisoners of war of the Vietnam War, formed during the 2004 presidential election campaign for the purpose of opposing John Kerry's candidacy for the presidency.

The campaign inspired the widely used political pejorative "swiftboating", to describe an unfair or untrue political attack.









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667824/quotes/

IMDb

The Outer Limits

Soldier

Quotes

Paul Tanner: That's not just some ordinary psycho down there. That's the most dangerous piece of equipment I've ever seen.









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me - H.V.O.M at 11:42 PM Saturday, September 10, 2005

Work of the devil

Here is an article to support my theory about Microsoft's Manchurian Candidate. I think it was supposed to be me. I have the video game experience they need, I have some world experience that would at least get me noticed. They need someone with more experience than just playing video games. They need someone that has that video game mentality but that also has some real world experience. Microsoft obviously can't buy a friend in the U.S. government so it is my strong belief they wanted to place someone in there as their representative, their own Manchurian Candidate. I believe it was supposed to be me. Heck, I might have even gone along with it if not for their "Communistsoft" approach to this with a bunch of out-of-touch dictator-types trying to control my mind with a plan that would make Stalin proud. That reminds of something else I was thinking of last year when I felt like I was connected to everything going on. If I was forced into becoming some kind of political candidate, I could imagine there would be "Perrys for Kerry" and then there would have to be "Perrys Against Kerry" or something like "Fast Frigate Veterans For Kerry", etc. Pretty funny stuff.









From 12/19/1984 ( from my official enlisted US Navy documents: as Kerry Wayne Burgess the undesignated E-3 Seaman US Navy I reported for permanent duty aboard USS Taylor FFG-50, US Navy, departing 11 February 1986 as FC3 Kerry Wayne Burgess, US Navy ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 7979 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 9/7/1987 ( "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" by Pink Floyd ) is 7979 days



From 9/19/1964 ( premiere USA TV series episode "The Outer Limits"::"Soldier" ) To 9/10/2005 ( posted by me, Kerry Burgess, notes by me ) is 14966 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 14966 days



From 3/16/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: my first successful major test of my ultraspace matter transportation device as Kerry Wayne Burgess the successful Ph.D. graduate and possibly the date of the secret, doctorate-degree credential from Princeton University, I can theorize only ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 5701 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 6/12/1981 ( premiere USA film "Raiders of the Lost Ark" ) is 5701 days



From 11/3/1948 ( Harry Truman, 33rd President of USA: Executive Order 10014 - Directing Federal Agencies to Cooperate With Sate and Local Authorities in Preventing Pollution of Surface and Underground Waters ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 21174 days

21174 = 10587 + 10587

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/28/1994 ( premiere US film "Stargate" ) is 10587 days



From 8/3/1998 ( "Rainbow Six" by Tom Clancy ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 3004 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 1/23/1974 ( premiere USA TV series episode "Doc Elliot"::"The Touch of God" ) is 3004 days



From 1/7/1913 ( William Merriam Burton was awarded USA patent for his thermal cracking process, dramatically increasing the supply of gasoline that could be developed from crude oil ) To 12/20/1994 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: in non-aviator related duties boots on the ground in Bosnia as Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps captain this day is my United States Navy Cross medal date of record ) is 29932 days

29932 = 14966 + 14966

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 14966 days



From 1/26/1950 ( Harry Truman, 33rd President of USA: Remarks to the Women's Patriotic Conference on National Defense ) To 1/17/1991 ( from the thoughts in my conscious mind, coinciding with United States of America Veterans Affairs hospital psychiatric doctor medical drugs: the date of record of my United States Navy Medal of Honor as Kerry Wayne Burgess chief warrant officer United States Marine Corps circa 1991 officially the United States Apache attack helicopter pilot ) is 14966 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 14966 days



From 5/7/1992 ( the first launch of the United States space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 5283 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/20/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "Galactica 1980"::"The Night the Cylons Landed - Part 2" ) is 5283 days



From 5/14/1992 ( the Intelsat 6 successful rescue during US space shuttle Endeavour orbiter vehicle mission STS-49 includes me Kerry Wayne Burgess the United States Marine Corps commissioned-officer and United States STS-49 pilot astronaut and my 1st official United States of America National Aeronautics and Space Administration orbital flight of 4 overall ) To 10/24/2006 ( ) is 5276 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 4/13/1980 ( premiere US TV series episode "Galactica 1980"::"The Night the Cylons Landed - Part 1" ) is 5276 days



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift_(album)

Taylor Swift (album)

From Wikipedia

Taylor Swift is the self-titled debut studio album by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift. It was released on October 24, 2006










2006-10-24_3









album: "Taylor Swift" (2006)

Taylor Swift

"Teardrops On My Guitar"

I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_(The_Outer_Limits)

Soldier (The Outer Limits)

From Wikipedia

Eighteen hundred years in the future, two infantrymen clash on a battlefield. A random energy weapon strikes both and they are hurled into a time vortex. While one soldier is temporarily trapped in the time limbo, the other, Qarlo Clobregnny, materializes in an alley off a city street in the United States in the year 1964.









https://imdb.com/title/tt0667824/quotes/

The Outer Limits

Soldier

Quarlo Clobregnny: Why do you peep me this?

Tom Kagan: I want you to know. I want you to understand.

Quarlo Clobregnny: *I* grasp! You! You are the drum-dumb! Send me home always, now! Don't you know there's a war on?









https://www.amazon.com/Momentary-Lapse-Reason-Pink-Floyd/dp/B019HNVUOA

amazon

A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Pink Floyd

September 7, 1987



"A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" (1987)

PINK FLOYD

"One Slip"

A restless eye across a weary room
A glazed look and I was on the road to ruin
The music played and played as we whirled without end
No hint, no word her honour to defend
I will, I will she sighed to my request
And then she tossed her mane while my resolve was put to the test
Then drowned in desire, our souls on fire
I lead the way to the funeral pyre
And without a thought of the consequence
I gave in to my decadence
One slip, and down the hole we fall
It seems to take no time at all
A momentary lapse of reason
That binds a life for life
A small regret, you won't forget,
There'll be no sleep in here tonight
Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
Or was it the hand of fate, that seemed to fit just like a glove?
The moment slipped by and soon the seeds were sown
The year grew late and neither one wanted to remain alone
One slip, and down the hole we fall
It seems to take no time at all
A momentary lapse of reason
That binds a life for life
A small regret, you won't forget,
There'll be no sleep in here tonight
One slip ... one slip









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Taylor_(FFG-50)

USS Taylor (FFG-50)

From Wikipedia

USS Taylor (FFG-50), an Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate, was a ship of the United States Navy









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Taylor_(FFG-50)

USS Taylor (FFG-50)

From Wikipedia

Republic of China Navy

Taylor was decommissioned on May 8, 2015, and subsequently transferred to Taiwan, where the ship was commissioned by the Republic of China Navy as ROCS Ming-chuan (PFG-1112) on November 8, 2018.










2018-11-08_1



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Mingchuan









From 6/4/1798 ( ) To 9/7/1836 ( ) is 13974 days

13974 = 6987 + 6987

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/19/1984 ( as Kerry Burgess my official enlisted United States Navy documents includes: arriving for permanent duty beginning 12/19/1984 my first fleet assignment and departing as FC3 Kerry Wayne Burgess US Navy I was permanently transferred from USS Taylor FFG 50 for US Navy Advanced Electronics Field course of curriculum for the Fire Controlman weapons-systems control enlisted occupation ) is 6987 days










2018-11-08_2



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giacomo_Casanova









album: "Taylor Swift" (2006)

Taylor Swift

"Teardrops On My Guitar"

She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar










a-boeing-ah-64-apache-attack-helicopter-of-the-1st-cavalry-air-brigade-KFMWCP .jpg, from internet










the-outer-limits_season2-ep1-1964_00h-25m-15s









from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

From: Kerry Burgess {me}

Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 11:04 AM

To: Kerry Burgess {me}

Subject: Re: Journal May 21, 2006

Kerry Burgess wrote:

I think it was my first thought after waking up this morning that I used to date Julia Roberts a long time ago.

I also have these unexplained thoughts that I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, although I'm not sure which service, but I may have been in two different branches over time. I am also confused about thoughts that I may have been a helicopter pilot. What's next? A space shuttle pilot? Seems like a lot for someone that is only 40. And, while I am not sure when this divergence happened, I am reasonably certain it was before I turned 33. So I must have been a pretty busy guy. Especially because I have thoughts that I was some kind of mathmetician too. I have these thoughts too that I was captured by enemy forces at some point and tortured while in captivity.



by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journal: 9/26/2006 3:06 PM

As I was trying to go to sleep last night, I had a thought that I have a doctorate in computer science from Princeton.

and I had thoughts that I studied music as well at Princeton.



from my private journal, as me, Kerry Burgess, typed after being released from the USA Veterans Affairs psychiatric hospital enduring many months sitting in a grungy two-computer room in a homeless shelter on the waterfront in downtown Seattle:

by me, Kerry Burgess, excerpts from my private journals: 9/28/2006 7:13 PM

This sounds very interesting. In my memory of taking Physics my Senior year at Ashdown, I remember being very interested in the class, but we didn’t cover such an interesting topic.

http://www.princeton.edu/main/about/present/

Ayan Chatterjee (left) and Mark Daly measure piano strings as part of a lab project for professor Pierre Piroué's freshman seminar on "Sound, Music and ... Physics."

9/28/2006 7:37 PM

I think I even have memories of the graduate degree process. I am not sure of the terms to describe the process.

9/28/2006 7:47 PM

I actually do remember... something... I can’t explain it. It feels that I am holding an unmarked, undistinguishable book that I don’t know the name of or the contents but I know I have read it already.

9/28/2006 8:34 PM

A few minutes ago I started thinking that maybe I started at Princeton University in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time as Thomas Ray. I remember that Kerry Burgess started first grade in 1972. But then I decided that I probably started Princeton earlier than 1972 and maybe 1972 was the year I completed my first major degree. Or 1972 doesn’t really mean anything in particular to Thomas Ray; rather it is there for continuity sake for the life of Kerry Burgess.



by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: H.V.O.M at 3:06 AM Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salesman

Also, "Salesman." I saw that in a dream while sleeping recently. I saw myself going through an induction process in the United States Marine Corps and I woke up understanding that I was dreaming of my actual experience in 1990. I saw a document that indicated I was being inducted to the United States Marine Corps with the officer grade of Chief Warrant Officer 2. I saw in the dream another document associated with my induction and that document indicated I had been assigned the informal name "Salesman."









Today is 12/04/2023









https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0667824/

IMDb

The Outer Limits

S2.E1

Soldier

Episode aired Sep 19, 1964

A crossfire of energies accidentally sends two warring soldiers from the 38th Century into the distant past of 1964.









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 12:08 AM October 21, 2022

SINCE YOU people lurking out there are too dim-witted to understand what I'm about

This is where I tend to see my choices showing up in a production that happened well before I knew myself what I was going to do before I started watching the video









by me, Kerry Burgess, posted by me: 12:14 AM October 21, 2022

Time here now: Friday, 10/21/2022 12:14 AM

And now: "The Peripheral" season 1 episode 1









From 10/24/1994 ( premiere USA film "Stargate" ) To 12/4/2023 ( Today , Monday ) is 10633 days

From 11/2/1965 ( my known birth date in Antlers, Oklahoma, USA, as Kerry Wayne Burgess ) To 12/13/1994 ( premiere USA TV "Science Fiction: A Journey Into the Unknown" ) is 10633 days









https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_universes_in_fiction

Parallel universes in fiction

From Wikipedia

A parallel universe, also known as an alternate universe, parallel world, parallel dimension, or alternate reality, is a hypothetical self-contained plane of existence, co-existing with one's own. The sum of all potential parallel universes that constitute reality is often called a "multiverse". While the six terms are generally synonymous and can be used interchangeably in most cases, there is sometimes an additional connotation implied with the term "alternate universe/reality" that implies that the reality is a variant of our own, with some overlap with the similarly named alternate history.

Fiction has long borrowed an idea of "another world" from myth, legend and religion. Heaven, Hell, Olympus, and Valhalla are all "alternative universes" different from the familiar material realm. Plato reflected deeply on the parallel realities, resulting in Platonism, in which the upper reality is perfect while the lower earthly reality is an imperfect shadow of the heavenly.

One of the first science fiction examples is Murray Leinster's short story Sidewise in Time, published in 1934, in which portions of alternative universes replace corresponding geographical regions in this universe. Sidewise in Time analogizes time to the geographic coordinate system, with travel along latitude corresponding to time travel moving through past, present and future, and travel along longitude corresponding to travel perpendicular to time and to other realities, hence the name of the story. Thus, another common term for a parallel universe is "another dimension," stemming from the idea that if the 4th dimension is time, the 5th dimension - a direction at a right angle to the fourth - is an alternate reality.









by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/04/2023 05:01 AM

Twelve cups of coffee so far and I *still* feel drowsy









by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/04/2023 06:30 AM

Thinking about that reminds me again of my guess about how "parallel universes" became a popular topic in sc-fi

I've written before about my completely uninformed thoughts on the topic

My * guess * being that it's because the position of the electron is unknowable with the state of human science

That makes it a variable

And since a scientist never knows "how much" then any math calculations in any sort of quantum physics is always going to be a guess

My guess is that math was used that featured variables about the states of electrons and they got some wacky results which they assumed meant there are multiple universes

Would that still happen if the state of the electron became non-variable?

I'm thinking about this again for several reasons

One reason, people seem to be going to a lot of trouble to get my attention

And it's not because so I will contact them directly

Commercialism is involved but is not, I am thinking, the ultimate objective, for my part, of those behind the operations I am detecting.

Another reason is this overall situation.

Certainly, planning and coordination is obvious.

How did I get here, where am I going

There is a reason to all this and I labor under the assumption that I am supposed to find *something*

Something grand.

Something that makes it all worth it.

So, systemized in my thinking because, notably, of "Stargate" I am drawing lines on boards

I don't know who reads my posts but I am guessing you are like me in my perception of time.

None of this especially insightful. Nothing especially enlightened. Perhaps not even all that intelligent. Is mostly just elemental

If you're like me, then you see 'time' as always flowing forward

We have clocks that tell us that fact

The cavemen of ancient Earth began to suspect time existed because of the Sun

Wild animals adjust to time because of night and day and the challenges it causes for them

When I think of 'time' I will imagine a two-dimensional graph on a page of paper

A 2-d graph has two lines

Up and down is 'y'

Left to right is 'x'

You can imagine a 'z' line if you imagine that you are looking directly at it as it progresses away from your line of sight

The x-axis and y-axis consist of 90-degree angles, or right angles. Same with the imagined z-axis of a 2-d graph

In this illustration by me, those 3 dimensions - 'x' , 'y' , 'z' - are clearly present:










DSC09229 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess, 12/04/2023









So, we don't have any trouble imagining a three-dimension reality because we see it everywhere we look

So what is that 4th-dimension one hears about all the time in science-fiction?

To me, it represents the flow of time

A 3-d object and it's position in *time* can be plotted on a 2-d graph:










time-plot-01 .jpg, by me, Kerry Burgess









The concept of 'now' could be plotted at the point where the two lines intersect

This is the point of now

Graduation lines could represent anything ; 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 century, anything measuring time

My illustration DSC09229 happened during 'now'










movie01_0356 .jpg, from internet. Stargate (1994)









When I captured that image, it could be plotted on that graph at the point where the lines intersect. That is 'now'

That is not true now, though, because 'now' is the same place on the graph plot but my capture of that image is not 'now'










stargate 00_20_15_PDVD .jpg, Stargate (1994)









It is the past so it has actually moved into the past. It would be plotted to the left of the intersection. That is the section of the line measuring negative values. And that is the 'past'. The past is negative values on the plot.

Now, most importantly, that object in my illustration DSC09229 is still in that same exact position where I originally captured it as an image

So it's presence has traveled through time!

It has arrived at 'now' without ever moving from its position where I left it










movie01_0363 .jpg, Stargate (1994)









What I want to illustrate here is the notion of the flow of time

That object of my illustration is still in the same exact position but at different points plotted on the x-axis of my graph illustration

This represents, to me, the flow of time, as I perceive it with my senses

I thought through this because I have wondered about that statement from that Wikipedia page about the 5th-dimension and I have never really tried to understand that concept.

Did I understand these things before May 10, 2006?

There must be a lot I understood then and that I do not now.

That has led me to believe that whatever I am destined to discover does not require any special technical knowledge or anything from a very high level of education

I am simply tossing this all out into the wild of the internet because sometimes that causes me to gain new, special insight because of my effort here.

As it is now, I am thinking I might understand the concept of a 5th dimension.

That is what I am thinking could be plotted on the y-axis of my simple graph

First though, more about my thinking of the 4th-dimension and of plotting the passage of time

This is an illustration I am using to represent 'now':










movie01_0363_illustration-01 .jpg, illustration by me, Kerry Burgess, from Stargate (1994)









This represents to me, an object at any given time. It is a point in space, anywhere. It is what I think we all tend to think of as "the third dimension"

Now, this represents a 4th-dimension, the presence of the passage of time. I think of this as something that exists in "the fourth dimension":










movie01_0363_illustration-02 .jpg, illustration by me, Kerry Burgess, from Stargate (1994)









Everything is in motion, I am dimly aware of from my amateur interest in Physics

We can't see many things moving because of something about the relativity of observation

The entire Universe is moving but we perceive virtually none of that motion

When I try to imagine a 5th-dimension, I think of the y-axis on my simple plot

I am guessing that is what could be the so-called "parallel universes"

As a positive value is plotted on the y-axis, it represents the same thing happening in a "parallel universe"

This causes me to wonder about the z-axis. And to guess that could be some sort of 6th-dimension

What that would be, I have no idea.

Maybe it's the notion of branching-realities

The notion from "The Peripheral" about "stubs" is begging for attention in my conscious mind and reminding me to not forget about that concept

I don't know why any of what I am describing in my observations about the stuff other people are doing in their baffling behavior that continues to support my allegations

I *want* to guess that I am going to discover something that makes it all worth it

A mirror-universe - possibly created as a branching reality from this reality - where I can find what I want

It's a notion established in my hypothetical Epoch 4 so that gives it some weight for me here now in my (theoretical) Epoch 5



- by me, Kerry Wayne Burgess, posted by me: 11:54 AM Pacific-time USA Monday 12/04/2023